Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 182 of 948

Around 50-60 It should be noted that most - Page 182 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 28th Apr, 2017 - 10:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

30th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 948 pgs.  178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 1:33pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 182

Last she was mentioned, she was left down in the cavern with the refugees while Geoffroy went upstairs to help with the dragon.

Whether she stayed there, or went on the raid to free the prisoners, is up to you.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 28th Apr, 2017 - 1:34pm

Sponsored Links:
28th Apr, 2017 - 1:41pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Both options will work, but in all honesty… I would have rather her went off with the other soldiers to participate in the raid to save the prisoners, that way she can feel she was actually contributing.

That is, while also staying out of sight of her brother during the excitement of course. This, I feel, allowing a bit more detail and consideration instead of the more passive effort I've been giving as of late during the roleplay.

Admittedly there is consideration of how Geoffroy would find out about his sister's participation in the raid, in helping to save the prisoners.

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 4:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Daishain, is it safe to assume that the characters will be able to complete a short rest without interruption? I would like for Lia to go to the battlements to harass the enemy a little once the short rest is completed.

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 4:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 182 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

It is indeed safe to assume that. People can go ahead and roll hit dice if they're still not 100%.

28th Apr, 2017 - 6:24pm / Post ID: #
Onwen Brecht
Wizard Necromancer
Character
Loner / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Retired Retired

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Friendly Necromancer says...

Quick question; Fay offered to allow Onwen to transcribe the contents of the mage's spellbook into his own but for a wizard to copy a spell into his spellbook is not as simple as simply transcribing it. Is Onwen able to basically transcribe the contents of the enemy wizards book into his own spell book but not necessarily be able to prepare and cast them until he is able to spend the gold and time per the PHB? Or does he need to have the original? Either way I doubt that an hour or two is enough time for him to transcribe the whole tome; maybe a spell or two considering it's being done by hand (We don't copy & paste) unless you determine otherwise.

international QUOTE (https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Wizard#content)
When you find a wizard spell of 1st level or higher, you can add it to your Spellbook if it is of a Spell Level you can prepare and if you can spare the time to decipher and copy it.

Copying that spell into your Spellbook involves reproducing the basic form of the spell, then deciphering the unique system of notation used by the wizard who wrote it. You must practice the spell until you understand the sounds or gestures required, then transcribe it into your Spellbook using your own notation.

For each level of the spell, the process takes 2 hours and costs 50 gp. The cost represents material Components you expend as you experiment with the spell to master it, as well as the fine inks you need to record it. Once you have spent this time and money, you can prepare the spell just like your other Spells.

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yeah, you'll need to hold onto it for a good while. Probably several days unless you sequester yourself to the task.

I am going to say that if need be, copying it without spending the gold is possible, (You'd still need to transcribe it properly at a later date to actually be able to prepare the spells), but as every detail is important, that won't actually save you much time.

I am also going to say you can go ahead and transcribe the 3rd level spells in that book. Just won't be able to prepare the suckers until you hit level five.

All that said, I don't think Fay is that well versed in how a wizard works. So let him know it will take a good while before you are done.

Oh, incidentally, a few of the spells on that list were from the Elemental Evil Player's Companion. It was released in PDF form for free by the Wizards, so you don't have to purchase anything to get those spell details.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 28th Apr, 2017 - 6:40pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 9:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 182

From our vantage point how many of the enemy are hunkered down by the gate? Things have gone so well that I feel confident that our group can handle any and all challenges *smile*.

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 10:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 182

Around 50-60

It should be noted that most of the groups you've tangled with were caught off guard to at least some degree, and the team is quite low on resources at this point.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 28th Apr, 2017 - 10:24pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.