Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 631 of 948

I think the Closk of Displacement would make - Page 631 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 3rd Jan, 2018 - 5:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 948 pgs.  627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
3rd Jan, 2018 - 11:44am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 631

The Quiet Shadow says...

Elven chain would be a fair default to fall on when it comes to picking a rare magic item, though this would only be immediately useful if I keep playing as Zarra… Of which I have noted is the preference expressed by least one other player.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 3rd Jan, 2018 - 11:44am

Sponsored Links:
3rd Jan, 2018 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Awakened says...

I am going to have to think and do a little reading to choose what to purchase with the blank check that Dai just gave us all. I am excited about the possibilities!

Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2018 - 4:01pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Oh man, I know, it's making my head spin. Looking up a few things right now. The 3 attuned item limitation is my biggest concern. I'm already heavily relying on my strength gauntlets, ring of extra spell slots (Or sorcery points!), and the giant bracelet (Sash for Velon) of plus Charisma to melee strikes. The only one I can see swapping out is the gauntlets for the belt of hill giant strength, boosting that effect.

Cloak of Displacement is pretty sick, but I can't afford the attuned slot. Did Cratol or anyone actually end up taking Velon's Cloak of Protection?

3rd Jan, 2018 - 4:34pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base

Page 631 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Wait, we need a air elemental to power the castle right? This item could perhaps be of use:

Censer of Controlling Air Elementals
Wondrous Item, Rare
While incense is burning in this censer, you can use an action to speak the censer's command word and summon an air elemental, as if you had cast the conjure elemental spell. The censer can't be used this way again until the next dawn.
This 6-inch-wide, 1-foot-high vessel resembles a chalice with a decorated lid. It weighs 1 pound.

If the Dungeon Master allows this items to be used for such purpose, it would mean picking a rare item that could be used by the party even if I do have Zarra leave the party so I can bring back Geoffroy.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 3rd Jan, 2018 - 4:36pm

Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2018 - 4:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I noticed that too Thomas and got excited for a moment. I looked up the conjure elemental spell though and it lasts for 1 hour, thus the castle would only be able to fly for 1 hour a day. sad.gif.

Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2018 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The censer's summons only works for an hour, after which the elemental disappears, so it's not good enough for the purpose we need it for. It'll have to be a high-level summons to get a permanent power source, or maybe a quest into the elemental planes to capture an air elemental.
EDIT: Ring of Air Elemental command would be better, but a bit too convenient to find in the horde. Find an Air Elemental, Dominate Monster (With a Bardic Insp and Bless going, maybe?), and force it into the tube within the hour.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 3rd Jan, 2018 - 4:47pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2018 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 631

As of right now I'm leaning towards upgrading from gauntlets of ogre power to belt of hill giant's strength to boost my Strength from 19 to 21. It's not exciting, but it does the job and is an item I've been thinking of saving for anyhow. Of course getting the fire giant one would be really amazing, but I can't imagine that's on the horizon any time soon.

If anyone else has ideas for Velon during your search, please do let me know! Ideally it's non attunement items, or at least is better for me than the ring with 2 x level 1 spell slots (Which are VERY nice for Shield and Sorc. Point conversion for Velon). I could still get the Cloak of Displacement and take off the ring until I've run low on spell slots, but +1 to Strength is probably best.

Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2018 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 631

I think the Closk of Displacement would make Velon really hard to take out. When Lia rejoins the group he would have resistance to all damage with warding bond and enemies would have disadvantage to even hit him. It's just a thought. More offense is nice but the longer you are standing in a fight the more damage you are dealing.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.