Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 696 of 948

Hopefully, Poppo's grease gambit will - Page 696 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 1st Mar, 2018 - 5:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 1st Mar, 2018 - 4:29am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 696

Anyone with 120' darkvision (Zarra and Lawrance, the latter of which via a robe) can tell you it is about 100' down.

Yes, people walking across the bridge still need to make a check.

And yes, if Taz is floating over the pit and Perry's concentration is disrupted, he's in trouble.

Sponsored Links:
1st Mar, 2018 - 11:48am / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Awakened says...

At some point we should polymorph Tazskan into a T-rex cast flying on him and give him a potion of fire breathing so he can realize his dream of being a dragon.

1st Mar, 2018 - 1:35pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Quiet Shadow says...

I'll see about making a couple of posts in the next hour in both campaigns. Things are looking up, though still a bit stressful.

Post Date: 1st Mar, 2018 - 2:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 696 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Thanks Seath for posting for me about Haste to answer Daishain's concern. Yeah, he's been able to keep haste up so his speed should be doubled, never mind his normal Action or the extra Action provided by Haste. If I remember correctly his move action alone should thus get him there, but I could be wrong.

Thanks.

----------
New Post:

Daishain, I need help here. I'm thoroughly confused. Was Velon's firebolt action ignored last round because the creature cast a spell on him before he could use firebolt? Is this confusion because of initiative order, where I'm going after the monsters so by the time Velon goes the information he had about monster's location and actions is now out of date by a full round? I know that was the case in the previous round or two where the enemy got two turns to flee before Velon could react because of the initiative order and delay in getting information due to the nature of Play By Post. It seems as if these are similar to the issue we had fighting the white dragon where the actions and rolls of those in the bottom of the initiative order are often nullified because the conditions they are reacting to from the previous round's summary post are out of date by the time they act again at the end of the next round?

I'm thoroughly confused and frustrated at this point. I'm not sure how to post for Velon if the world around him has changed in unknown ways before he acts and thus some of his actions are no longer valid. Help!

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 1st Mar, 2018 - 4:34pm

Post Date: 1st Mar, 2018 - 4:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Daishain, how far down the wall is the abomination that is at AV-52? I am considering moving across the bridge to get at that one. I also assume I need to Bonus to get the axe back again, then I can get one throw off this round…

Post Date: 1st Mar, 2018 - 5:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Firebolt attack wasn't ignored, it was missed. Before, I went through, spotted your booming blade attack, didn't see the bit about having a backup option. That roll was a hit, and damage has been taken into account.

The malisons while still active went before Velon in the initiative. The abominations however are going dead last.

Does that help? I apologize for the confusion.

Poljen, he's about 20' down, so yes, moving across and throwing is an option. Also, yes, you'll need to use this rounds BA to get the axe back.

P.S. I don't think I described these guys in detail before. The abominations are essentially just a giant snake with a pair of scaled arms. Malisons are more varied in appearance, essentially a malformed fusion of man and serpent. A man/woman with a snake head, or snakes for arms, or a serpents tail instead of legs all fall into the Malison category.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 1st Mar, 2018 - 5:18pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Mar, 2018 - 5:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 696

Ok, thanks Daishain. I'm glad it was just that and not the frustrating initiative challenges of Play By Post. Maybe my next character will have to be Dexterity based with the Alert feat! (Laugh)

So it looks like I failed my save good and hard. Perry's arcana check is still pending. May need you to tell me what my next post should be, such as Velon walking right off the ledge in an attempt to 'come here and strike me down' with the creature being attacked to the wall!

Post Date: 1st Mar, 2018 - 5:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 696

Hopefully, Poppo's grease gambit will pay off for Velon and the creature will slip and fall. Not sure how Spider Climb (Assumption) would be, if at all, affected by Grease.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.