Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 801 of 948

Switching to block critters but not spell - Page 801 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 25th Jun, 2018 - 5:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 25th Jun, 2018 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 801

Damn, Neronvain must have some serious AC to block Velon's 29 even with Shield. He could be hard to take down with a successful Hold Person or something. That is, unless he turned invisible before the last attack.

Daishain, can Velon Misty Step to the other side of Lia's force wall, even if the 30ft 'path' of the spell has to be under the ground and back up or something to get around the edge of said wall? Thanks!

Edit: adding Wisdom save as requested, with Advantage per Perry's ability.

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 25th Jun, 2018 - 3:50pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Jun, 2018 - 3:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Rolling Lawrance's Wisdom save here. BE thou not feared!
If Lia had dropped the cube barrier, it'd have been dicey, yes. Good timing on that save, Kyr!
Dai, are we posting into next round, or are we still dealing with current actions? Perry needs to improve his coverage so it includes all of us in those advantages! biggrin.gif.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 25th Jun, 2018 - 3:51pm

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2018 - 4:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Sorry Cinder, but nope. Lia specified she was setting it to block everything, that includes spell effects. And the Cube's barrier is itself a cube, and extends below the ground.

As to Neronvain, he is a slightly modified version of a Bladesinger Wizard. The short of it is that he can temporarily add his intelligence to his AC along with his Dexterity and other effects such as Mage Armor. So yeah, not easy to hit. Elven nobles were the ones to develop that technique, so I thought it appropriate for him.

Yes Knight, posting for next round.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 25th Jun, 2018 - 4:10pm

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2018 - 4:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 801 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Sounds fair to me. Well, Velon is in a real pickle now. That's what he gets for not entering the tunnel last turn, but I think he was still waiting for a few others to do so and wanted to give Poljen one more chance to flee with them. I'm not sure Velon could swim that long distance to get out on his own with his armor on, etc. He sure doesn't want to, as I RP'd when the lizardfolk dragged him through a different swim.

Another factor is that, without anyone behind Lia, she might still fall prey to this mind control effect, correct? I'm not quite sure if this persists beyond this round despite her passed save?

I don't see a range listed in the cube description. If Lia moves down the tunnel to escape but keeps the barrier up, will the barrier remain where it is currently?

Just trying to figure out what Velon's options are, beyond just fighting to the death and dying, especially those he would know in character, of course.

This could be the end of Velon, but at least for a good cause to get the mask out. Tough choice for Lia, if she has her wits about her, but she'd be making the right one to ensure the mask gets out. Good stuff for RP later! smile.gif.

PS I'm assuming the dragon goes before Velon, and thus Lia's readied action of the cube force wall went up before he could get out. I did have him retreating back to near the tunnel entrance after attacking the Prince, but that would be too late if Lia already popped it.

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 25th Jun, 2018 - 5:12pm

25th Jun, 2018 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #
Morgaine
Fighter
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Lady of the Water says...

Sorry that Morgaine is out of sorts. I was not getting the replies to this thread in my email inbox..not sure why for I got the "Subscribe to Replies" checked. Now that I am all caught up on things. I can do better. Again, sorry everyone. Morgaine is wearing the Necklace of Adaption as well as having the Ioun Stone of Regeneration. I am sure that look nice orbiting her over her black hair. *smile*
Doing the Wisdom roll here as asked. If the Dungeon Master needs more ATT rolls from Morgaine, let me know. I know I stated she was going for the exit, but if need be can come up with something that would make her turn around and get back into the fray.

Morgaine Results:
  • WIS ck roll on D20 (+0): 11 (1 roll)

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2018 - 5:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

There is still hope for him. She thinks he can swim out. If he informs her otherwise she won't let him die. There is a setting on the cube that stops living beings from passing it but not spell effects. That should allow Misty step to work.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Jun, 2018 - 5:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 801

(Laugh), Perry's coverage on that ability is his Charisma modifier sadly. Not an easy thing to bump up, but I'll work on it slowly *wink* One of the downsides to having such a large party.

Anyway, this all seems like a fun situation. Good luck to Velon and Poljen, you crazy guys. Reminds me of when I get too greedy in Dark Souls and go for the extra hit only to get instakilled immediately. Good times.

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2018 - 5:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 801

Switching to block critters but not spell effects would indeed allow Misty Step to work, but that still leaves Poljen stuck outside.

In regards to the query of Lia moving up the passage, the force wall will move with the cube. In order to leave it in place, Lia would have to leave the magic item behind.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.