Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 851 of 948

Susan, don't forget action surge as - Page 851 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 26th Jul, 2018 - 10:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 948 pgs.  847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 26th Jul, 2018 - 8:58pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 851

Play By Post does have that issue. A Dungeon Master can't just come out and say the AC and HP of an enemy without ruining the atmosphere, yet there is a bit of bookkeeping needed by players when consumption of resources is based on hit or miss. I've seen the same thing in the other game here. Mostly, it seems to be the melee that has that issue, since spells are a hit or miss but get used up either way for casters.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Jul, 2018 - 9:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Indeed, but it's the same at the table or Play By Post, you need to be told if your individual attacks hit or not. You don't need to be told the AC, but eventually you figure it out or, in character, the PC gets a notion of "Wow this monster is really hard to hit, I'd better use an ability to aid me" vs "This monster is so easy to hit I'm going to wind up and go for the home run", aka Great Weapon Master.

26th Jul, 2018 - 9:22pm / Post ID: #
Morgaine
Fighter
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lady of the Water says...

Morgaine did not take the postion. Looks like I missed on two of the saves and totally messed up on the fear one. I will so the right one for it and the Dexterity for the wing attack. I am not sure if I even did that one.
So if she takes half the poison damage(29) and the full cold damage(39); she will at 28 hit points with Lia's healing. Taking full damage on both and the healing from Lia, she will be at -1. That is if I calculated correctly.

Morgaine Results:
  • Fear save(WIS) on D20 (+2): 13, 4 (2 rolls)
  • Wing Attack save(DEX) on D20 (+2): 6, 10 (2 rolls)

Post Date: 26th Jul, 2018 - 9:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 851 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Morgaine, you actually passed all your saves. You accidentally rolled cold twice, but the first one was really high so you're good. So you take half from the poison and half from the cold and you are not feared.

That's 14 from poison and 19 from cold (Round down when you half it). And then you previously took 12 points of poison damage for a total of 45 points of damage. Then whatever this wing buffet does is added and subtract Lia's healing and you have the total to subtract from Morgaine's HP. You should have +8 temporary HP from Perry as well.

Reconcile Edited: seath on 26th Jul, 2018 - 9:42pm

Post Date: 26th Jul, 2018 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Susan, thanks to Perry's research and report, you have taken a total of 54 HP of damage. You are prone, but you have already succeeded on the Fear Save earlier. You don't need to roll it again. Lia then casts some healing, and since you are under Beacon of Hope, you get 18 back. So you are only down 36 HP. You normally have a total of 94, but currently have a total of 102. You are at 66 HP. You can get up, spending half your movement, leaving you half your movement, which I think should be 15 feet. I don't think you can get into combat range AND attack this turn. You could use more movement for your action, but would not get an attack, unless you get an Attack of Opportunity (AoO). If you have a bow or other ranged attack, you could use that instead rather than move more. Go for it!

26th Jul, 2018 - 10:14pm / Post ID: #
Morgaine
Fighter
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Lady of the Water says...

Thanks Seath, I thought for sure she failed all of them. I need to take better notes, so can keep track of everything. On that part, I have failed.
Yes, I did remember the +8 hit points I got from Perry. So 94 +8 =102 - 45 total = 57 before whatever other damage she will take plus the healing from Lia.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Jul, 2018 - 10:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 851

Susan, maybe you did not read my post just above yours. Your calculations are correct as far as they go. But you failed the Dexterity Save against the wing attack, suffering 9 HP damage and falling prone. Thus go from 57 to 48 HP. Then Lia heals you 18, getting you back to 66. On your turn you can get up, using half your movement to do so, then act. Please read my earlier post for some further thoughts on what Morgaine should do…

Post Date: 26th Jul, 2018 - 10:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 851

Susan, don't forget action surge as was mentioned. It can be devastating to an enemy. Imagine buying 4 arrows of dragon slaying and getting to shoot all of them in one round. That's a lot of potential damage. You should rematch Poljen and use action surge *wink* Susan will gain a third attack at level 11. Maybe wait until then.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.