Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red - Page 47 of 91

Jesla wakes up gasping for air. Her eyes are - Page 47 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 22nd Feb, 2017 - 4:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

25th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 91 pgs.  43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51  ...Latest (91) »
Posts: 724 - Views: 18271
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
20th Feb, 2017 - 10:14pm / Post ID: #
Kyra
OathB Chosen One lvl 6
Character
Follower / Center
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red - Page 47

The Diplomat says...

With a nod, Kyra says to the barbarian, "Yes, I am neither a friend nor superior. Yet I meant no insult by my words, more just because I am often willing to give a chance for others to take a difference course does not mean I will not fight if the need is required." She realized though Jesla's words that the two may face some conflict in times to come.

"One request does not mean we are required to do more," Kyra counters to the argument that Davik would demand more, or try to blackmail though. She sighs before continuing, "I will not do that which goes against my moral beliefs, no matter the demands or threats given." The paladin was actually a bit frustrated with the cynicism and doubt, the accusations raised more then a bit insulting themselves.

Kyra would go, not only to see what may come but to help fight if such is needed.The paladin knew that there was risk, that there was danger, and she was ready to accept such. Yet she was still willing to move forward as decided, trusting that her goddess and Akil to guide her in the path she took. Perhaps she may have better luck reasoning with the undead if problems arose.

Attached Image Edited: Thomaslee on 21st Feb, 2017 - 4:04am



Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 3:48am / Post ID: #

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red
A Friend

Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Jesla eyes Kyra. " My moral compass calls for me to kill evil things that threaten myself or my friends. Archival will do whatever he wishes. In the event that Davik manifests his true character to everyone else then I plan on tearing him into tiny pieces. I'm rather hoping that he proves false. I don't like creatures that threaten and then attack others mentally. " Jesla takes out her great sword and steps to the side. She takes a few practice swings. She sheathes her sword with a grin. " Lead on, Theaton. "

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 4:30am / Post ID: #

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red
A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red Archive Pathfinder / D&D

When the two groups have separated somewhat, Kresnik talks to Kyra a bit as they travel upriver, "It may be best if you leave the ongoing discussion alone for now, at least in regards to Theaton and Jesla. As you can see tensions are a little high. Me and Archival lecturing them is unwelcome enough, and coming from a stranger, well it seems like it is a little too much."

"They've agreed to hold off on the violence unless the diplomatic option fails, which is all we can ask for now. More might widen the rift that has formed."

21st Feb, 2017 - 10:37am / Post ID: #
Kyra
OathB Chosen One lvl 6
Character
Follower / Center
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 47 Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

The Diplomat says...

Kyra nods, before with a nod saying softly, "Understood, I won't speak of the matter further. I just wish my words had greater effect." She looks back at the two, for just a moment, before turning away and continuing on.

The young paladin wonders what may be done, but hopes it will all work out. Looking to Kresnik she asks, "So how long have you all been together?" Kyra was curious in learning more about those she traveled with.



Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 3:36pm / Post ID: #

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red
A Friend

Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

"Well, the three barons, Mykael, Theaton, and Archival that is, have been together the longest. They're the last of a group that worked to explore and secure these lands, and earned a chance to settle it in return."

"A few months ago, Jesla and I showed up. I was an ambassador from Jovvox before I resigned that position. And Jesla, well, I'm not actually sure what brought her to freehold. She showed up at a meeting dragging a man behind her that she'd caught committing crimes."

"In any case, I was unhappy with my previous employers for the shady deal they had me pitching to the new settlement, and ended up accepting Freehold's position of Magister shortly after it was offered. For the moment, most of the duties there are planning for the future, not much in the way of students and researchers for me to oversee yet, but I've found it quite interesting."

"Jesla was hired almost on the spot to act as enforcer, ensuring that the law is upheld. She's been busy, and thorough in those duties."

"But in any case, we have all been working together closely ever since. Getting this city up and running has taken a lot of work so far. I've come to know them all as good friends, and the feeling seems to be mutual, but this… disagreement threatens to rip that asunder."

22nd Feb, 2017 - 2:27pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red

Game Master says...

The cavalry make no further complaints as Archival pays them 10 gold. They continue their work with gusto. Mykael and horse are transferred through the river by a couple water elementals to the other side, dried by magic and everyone gets up and continues along. Ironically, the dividing line seems to be between the holy men and women, Mykael, Kresnik and Kyra, siding with Archival, as opposed to Theaton and Jesla, the nature-minded.

After an hour's travel upstream, it's starting to get late, and the cavalry archers set up tents and camp on the north bank, while Theaton and Jesla remain under the stars. Tonight's nightmare is the most vivid, wrenching experience. Theaton and Jesla are in a dark, gloomy place at another river. The river is black as the darkest ink, yet you can feel the spirits writhing beneath the surface.

Theaton sees himself on a small boat, bound and kneeling beside a skeletal figure draped in a dark tattered robe and wide brimmed hat in black leather decorated with an assortment of teeth. One bony hand grasps a staff topped with a stylised eye, the other end passes through the oarlock and disappears beneath the umbral surface. The other hand is on Theaton's head, forcing him to watch the unfolding scene.

Jesla struggles against the ghostly arms, pincers and tentacles that hold her above the surface of this river. Standing beside her is the emaciated, rotting body of Davik. "I thought I would bring a friend to help this time," he says in his eerie, soggy voice. Moving to face Jesla, he continues, "You haven't experienced the pain of drowning yet, it's only fair."

He points his ranseur at her and begins to angle it downward. The ghostly graspers oblige and lower her into the water. Jesla lets out an involuntary scream, morphing into a roar, but is held tight as she sinks. The foul, black water fills her mouth and soon all Theaton can see is a nose above the rippling surface. After a quick breath in, the sound stops and silence falls as eddies of current squirm across the surface.

"All I want is the Stag Lord's body," Davik says. "Agree and this can all end."

(In any case, despite the responses of either Theaton or Jesla, the spell has been cast for tonight and it must take effect.)

After a good three minutes of beguiling words from the undead, bubbles break the surface of the water and all is still. Davik points his ranseur at Theaton, then to the side. The skeletal figure pushes Theaton off the skiff and all goes dark.

Both of you awake with a start and struggle to return to sleep (Theaton, Jesla 5 damage + fatigue). Kyra, on watch, hears a faint noise on the opposite riverbank as they stir.

Out of Character: I presume I got everyone where they wanted to be. I wanted to make this post before reaching Davik to see how much info is shared. This is something that knowledge rolls can apply to (Planes and Religion).

In any case I would also like to know exactly what you do first when you return to Davik's Crossing.

Attached Image Edited: iCon on 22nd Feb, 2017 - 2:34pm



Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2017 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red
A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 Rivers Run Red - Page 47

Theaton is not happy at all He will share with Jesla his dream to see if she had the same dream. "Seems there is mote at play here than just Davik. I think there is another controlling him that we have yet to meet. I am not sure though."

Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2017 - 4:03pm / Post ID: #

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red
A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 Rivers Run Red D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 47

Jesla wakes up gasping for air. Her eyes are wide. It is obvious she had the same dream. " Theaton, that was horrible. Dying in battle is one thing but drowning when there is nothing you can do.... ." She shudders at the memory. " It felt like it really happened. I feel like I really drowned. " She looks to the river. " We need to end this soon. There could be another involved, I'm not sure. Would a good creature do what he just did to us? The others don't understand. We know his true nature. That was sadistic. " Jesla looks back at Theaton with an angry visage. " It's the only option he has is what they say. We must end him. " She stands up and pulls out a dagger. She angrily hurls it far out into the river. " We are coming for you Davik. "

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 22nd Feb, 2017 - 4:15pm



Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.