Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red - Page 71 of 91

Theaton speaks up, "Ok it looks like - Page 71 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 3rd Apr, 2017 - 2:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

29th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 91 pgs.  67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75  ...Latest (91) »
Posts: 724 - Views: 18447
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Post Date: 31st Mar, 2017 - 9:46am / Post ID: #

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red
A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red - Page 71

Jesla looks at Theaton in surprise when he states he will be ruling temporarily. " I will gather my things as well Theaton. A good hunt in the wilderness is something to never miss. "

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Mar, 2017 - 12:40pm / Post ID: #

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red
A Friend

Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Once everyone is prepared Theaton will head up to the farms that have reported the issues with livestock being taken. "Jesla can you see if you can find any trace of predators. White fang can assist you. Kyra can you check with the farmers and see if they can tell us any more about what has happened. I will take a look around for any obvious or not so obvious tracks. Kresnik can you talk to the farmers animals to see what the can tell you. Mykael do you sense any type of evil around? "

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2017 - 1:35pm / Post ID: #

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red
A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"Certainly sir, just let me get a little info from the farmers first with Kyra. There is little quite so frustrating as getting through the inane babble of a chicken only to learn it saw nothing."

Kresnik will go with Kyra, and add a few questions of his own, mainly concerning where the attacks took place, and which animals are most likely to have seen the attacker(S).

After questioning several farmers, he'll pick the most likely candidates for reliable testimony, animals with intelligence who are rather likely to have at least briefly observed the event. A donkey would be pretty close to ideal, he'll avoid questioning sheep and fowl unless there is no other choice.

He'll ask his potential witnesses to describe the event as best they can.

Out of Character: Raw Int or Wisdom check to pick which animals to ask first?

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2017 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red
A Friend

Page 71 Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Theaton looks around the farms looking for any tracks or evidence that will tell him who or what attacked the farms and took or killed the livestock.

He has White fang looking about to see if he can find anything. Theaton will cast speak with animals to talk to white fang to see if he finds anything of interest.

Post Date: 1st Apr, 2017 - 12:25am / Post ID: #

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red
A Friend

Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Jesla nods at Theaton. " I will take care of it Theaton. " She leads her horse behind her while she checks for any hint of predators having been through this area. Jesla studies the area intently while trying to solve this mystery.

2nd Apr, 2017 - 2:41am / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red

Ignoble says...

Mykael surveys the area and reaches out with his senses in an attempt to detect any evil in the area while also surveying to see if there is anything out of the ordinary.

Mykael Brewmor Results:
  • Perception on D20 (+0): 2 (1 roll)


Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Apr, 2017 - 2:11pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 Rivers Run Red - Page 71

Game Master says...

The cavalry captain escorting you mentions there are two farmsteads that were attacked on different nights. The first happened 6 days ago and the second 4 days ago while you were out of town.

The first farmstead is a wood and mudbrick affair, quite poorly built and with a low fence. Sheep and goats graze the wide rolling fields, while pigs are kept in a pen. The farmer speaks broken common, slipping in a word of Hallit when he can't express himself. He says that he and his wife woke to the noise of howling and baaing. They didn't dare go outside until it was gone.

He shows you the spot where he found his dismembered flock. He confides in Kresnik that a lot of meat was left after the attack and that his wife went to market to sell it fresh while he pickled or dried some of it. Out of 4 sheep and goat carcasses, only a few pounds of meat was actually taken.

This location is far enough away from the pig pens that they wouldn't have seen anything. Kresnik has already mentioned a preference for not talking to sheep, so saves it for the next farm.

Theaton and Jesla both know that that is obviously not the behaviour of a hungry predator, but one that may be trying to assert dominance or defend territory, perhaps even something more monstrous killing from instinct or for the joy of it. To Theaton the pawprints are obvious and are unmistakably those of a big wolf. There is one track towards the site from the south, where the city is, and it leaves the site westwards, towards the forest.



The other farm, 1 mile closer to town, is much nicer, with a 2 storey farmhouse built of dark red-brown brick, a large wooden barn, a chicken coop, and large aviary. A sign designates this as Mossy Rock Acres. The farmer is a half-elf woman who moves with poise and purpose and employs 4 ranchers.

In the barn, apart from horses, they have a brown cow being nursed back to health after she suffered multiple slashes across her side. Casting his spell and speaking to her, Kresnik finds out it was indeed a larger than normal wolf that attacked. She is saddened about her bull mate that died in a fight.

The bull carcass is still there, untouched and preserved with salt - the farmer's idea. Again, it is slashed across its head and midsection by very strong blows, but little meat has been taken. Theaton sees tracks arriving from the west - the forest - and leaving in a southwesterly heading - forest and/or river.

Out of Character: Unfortunately, there was no evil at either site, or it wasn't strong or recent enough to leave a dim aura for Mykael to detect.

I will take Heal checks to identify the marks left by the attackers, in case the cow didn't convince you.

Out of the options given, is there a particular set of tracks you would like to follow first?



Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2017 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red
A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 Rivers Run Red D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 71

Theaton speaks up, "Ok it looks like this is going to be a large wolf responsible. We willfollow the freshest tracks with White Fang in the lead tracking with myself and Jesla right behind. The rest fall behind us and watch our flanks and rear in case it ttries to circle behind us. Jesla be ready to go into tiger shape if we come across it. Lets mountup and find this wolf." Theaton gets on his horse and nods to WhiteFang to track it. He follows behind Whitefang trying to stay close.



Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.