Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red - Page 76 of 91

"I think White Fang indicating that either - Page 76 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 24th Apr, 2017 - 3:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 91 pgs.  72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80  ...Latest (91) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2017 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red
A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red - Page 76

Theaton waits by the river to see what if anything he can find out at the rivers edge and to see what any of his friends may be able to find out.

Sponsored Links:
24th Apr, 2017 - 2:19pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Game Master says...

Kresnik knows that very few werewolf abilities manifest when in human form, apart from permanent mental changes. Silver is their weakness, but it doesn't mar their skin, it only penetrates their defence. Infected lycanthropes have a weaker resistance to non-silver weapons, but both them and natural lycanthropes lose this ability in human from.

Jesla returns to the lively tavern, bringing Mykael this time. A knife juggler performs in one corner, as the night drags on he even dips his blades in peat and juggles them aflame, much to the innkeeper's dismay. Mykael struggles to find anyone suspicious as the night drags on; people are laughing and carousing within their groups, or captivated by the performer.

Jesla decides to get up and ask around, buying a few cheap drinks to loosen tongues. People are either deferent or distant but some loosen up enough to talk. Jesla finds a few leads that aren't very promising, others who think they heard howling, and one balding man with frizzy hair who points down the hallway to the rooms and says, "It's the Kellid man. I could just feel something. I hated him since I first saw him. No offence intended to you, your excellency, but I wouldn't spend more time with him. People talk."

White Fang remembers the scent and growls when he smells it again by the river. The issue is in town it is obscured by hundreds of other smells. Most likely the wolf will recall and recognise it when he's within tens of feet to his quarry.
On the first night Tyg does not yet return with the other fey. Her plan was to check your house first, so she'd be back in two days.

Kyra's natural gift at interviewing people comes in handy. She goes door to door, says all the right things, listens attentively, and leaves quickly, all without arousing the slightest hint of suspicion or fuelling the rumour mill. Most people gave minor grudges on their neighbours and Kyra quickly filters those as they don't corroborate. Some say fishermen sometimes camp out overnight. A few people mention a trapper by the name of Glaf Grornetsk who left the morning two days before the first attack and returned afternoon before the second attack. Others mention an uncivilised Kellid man who lives at the tavern is seen to come and go very often, but they know little about him as nobody's willing to approach him. An elderly couple living by the north entrance to town, a retired soldier and a weaver, saw him leave a few days before the full moon.

Out of Character: Kyrroeth, diplomacy is normally used to gather information. So I took your roll and removed your perception bonus.

That's the info you gathered on night 1. You can get together later that night and decide how and when you will act, or gather more info the next day.

So the new Bestiary 6 has added naiads. I've always thought of them as better representatives of river spirits, instead of the nixies. I wonder where they are in power and alignment?

Finally, I am still quite busy this week. My own fault really.

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2017 - 2:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Theaton will meet everyone at the castle in the throne room to see what they have to say. He will be waiting with White Fang to see what they report..

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2017 - 2:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 76 Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Upon hearing what the others had to say, Kresnik speaks up, "The trapper and this Kellid man seem worth talking to, and we can have White Fang nearby to see if he recognizes the scent."

"The trapper seems somewhat more likely among the two, his profession would easily expose him to such influences. It sounds like people might only be mentioning the Kellid out of blind fear. But we're short on prospects, so I don't suggest ignoring him.

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2017 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Jesla frowns. "Mark my fellow Kellid off of the list. I can vouch for him. I've been doing some training with him. We were out in the wilderness training during the full moon. He loves to drink but is no lycanthrope. People fear him and talk badly of him due to that. I wonder if the people here feel the same about me.."

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 24th Apr, 2017 - 3:14pm

24th Apr, 2017 - 3:19pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock

Ignoble says...

Arriving at the throne room, Mykael expresses his lack of progress with a tone of frustration "But I agree with Kresnik" he says "We should question the Kellid man and the trapper with White Fang present. If White Fang indicates on either of them we should consider detaining them for the safety of the community until we can gather more evidence."

Mykael pauses to think on this for a moment before continuing "On the other hand these men have to make a living and it would not be right to detain them indefinitely without solid proof that one of them is indeed the werewolf that we are looking for. If this is perhaps a curse or infection that they are unaware of and they only turn around the time of the full moon we could require that they post a bond with a promise to return to the capital for observation several days, perhaps even a week or so, before the full moon."

Looking to Jesla after her comment, "I can appreciate your position Jesla, and I would agree that between the two the trapper seems a more likely suspect, but I do not think we should mark anyone off the list and it will do no harm to at least speak with this man and allow White Fang to check him out. He may be able to provide us with more information as well."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Apr, 2017 - 3:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 Rivers Run Red - Page 76

Jesla shrugs. " As you will. I was out there with him at night during the full moon and never saw him turn but I understand your caution. "

" Mykael, it would be wrong to hold them without proof. I think the easiest way is to just have both of them watched. We can follow both of them, wait for the transformation and then act. If we speak with them now and then can't prove anything then they will be free to go knowing that we are on to their activities. "

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 24th Apr, 2017 - 3:27pm

24th Apr, 2017 - 3:35pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 Rivers Run Red D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 76

Ignoble says...

"I think White Fang indicating that either of them matches the scent that he had been tracking is enough evidence to detain them for further observation or at least require some form of bond to ensure their return. We do not need absolute proof that someone has committed a crime to detain that person and require that they post bond, we merely need reasonable cause to do so based on evidence. If we detain the person we can put them in a controlled setting so that when and if they turn we are in a position of advantage. If we follow them we will not know where and when a confrontation would take place."

> TOPIC: Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.