Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red - Page 10 of 91

Out of Character: Just giving the stats of - Page 10 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th Jan, 2017 - 1:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 91 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (91) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
11th Jan, 2017 - 8:29am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red - Page 10

Game Master says...

While not exactly natural creatures, Theaton has seen troll tracks before. These trolls are perhaps a bit thinner and lighter than your regular ones and one of them had been smart enough to drag a branch behind them to wipe the tracks away, but the other three pairs of prints make it obvious.

White Fang and all your horses seem to be turning away at some perceived stench.

Trying to remain quiet, Kresnik inches forward on foot. He begins to understand some of the words at a rather close distance - so close he can tell the voices apart and their positions.

The trolls start off with one ordering the others around how to break camp and the others loudly complaining that either they know how or it's too early to get up (Despite being mid-morning). They loudly discuss their plans for the day, which involve scouting and spying, trying to locate a new village in the area and any routes that workers or traders take. Naturally, complaints about the fog follow, almost devolving into an argument. They also discuss the topic of their newly caught food and whether or not it needs feeding and what to feed it.

Out of Character: You will auto-pass the stealth check to get back to the party, so feel free to discuss your plans.

Sponsored Links:
11th Jan, 2017 - 4:45pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock

Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Ignoble says...

Mykael assures the mother that he will do everything he can to find her son and then sets off with his guide and moves forward steadily and with a sense of determination. Even as the sun sets he presses on and takes few breaks often thinking to himself that he is incredibly close to finding the child, he just needs to press on a little further. The fog moves in and slows their progress and when the tracker announces that he can not continue Mykael grunts in frustration but agrees to set camp designating watch among him and the two guards that he brought along.

Out of Character: : You did want a straight CON check rather than a Fortitude Save correct? If you wanted fortitude save the modifier would be increased from +2 to +10.

Mykael Brewmor Results:
  • Constitution Check on D20 (+2): 8 (1 roll)
  • Midnight CON on D20 (+5): 19 (1 roll)

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2017 - 3:31am / Post ID: #

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red
A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Theaton seeing the tracks tells the others what made them and tells them there are four trolls. We need to leave the mounts behind and let White fang watch over them for us. He looks at Whitefang. "I know you do not like trolls so keep the mounts safe." Turning to the others. "We can attack them and use the fog for our advantage. We need to eliminate them as quick as possible so they do not cause issues to our village." Theaton sets a arrow to his bow and moves forward. Once he can see one in the fog he will begin shooting. They should have surprise.

Out of Character: First attack rolls are using the many shot, precise shot and rapid shot feat. The -2 has been added to all attack rolls. Second attack is based on my second attack the -2 has been added to that too as well as the feats. Two rounds are included. Should be three arrows per attack or six total per round.

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2017 - 4:11am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 10 Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Upon returning to the group, Kresnik says, "They sound like they intend to prey on the people around here, and they have a captive of some manner. I do not think simply avoiding this foe is a worthy option. Here my friends, may Desna's luck smile on you." He casts a spell that settles on each of his companions, then pulls out his crossbow.

note: Casting Bless before we enter combat, everyone gets a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saves vs fear. He'll use his crossbow to attack while staying a little behind Jesla looking for an opening. Any chance he gets to catch 2 or more of them in a 15' cone, or if immediately threatened, he will cast Color Spray Will save DC 16. In determining the effects, don't forget to subtract K's Charisma mod (4) from their HD thanks to his Awesome Display ability.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 12th Jan, 2017 - 4:12am

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2017 - 4:15am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Jesla grins at Theaton when he mentions the trolls. " We hunt. " The barbarian walks off to the side a little. Where she stood there is now a huge feline with a reddish coat and black stripes. She lopes towards the trolls hoping to hit them in the flank. When she sees the trolls with her low light vision she charges the troll on the far right in a fury.

Out of Character: : I will be using power attack on all attacks.

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2017 - 7:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Upon the troll's discussion being relayed, and while the others discuss strategy, a plethora of small earth elementals wink into existence. When the others seem they are ready to move into action, I summon agressors from the elemental plane of fire and send the various elementals forward to start combat. I will then cast invisibility on myself after combat has been engaged.

Out of Character: Because I don't know how long the group plans to discuss strategy, I will take up to 3 actions summoning small earth elementals. Less will be summoned initially if needs be - it really depends on how long the others plan - regardless, after the small fire elemental(S) is/are summoned, combat will ensue (I can't speak with them yet like I can with the earth elementals). My class ability lets me summon as a standard action (Instead of 1 round) and since it's a spell-like ability it has no visual, somatic, not material components (Just a reminder since it had been a while).

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Jan, 2017 - 1:06pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 Rivers Run Red - Page 10

Game Master says...

Because it had been such a short trip, afternoon to midnight, neither Mykael nor horse are tired after the short sleep. However, the fog has moved in and obscures most of your vision in the morning. The tracker is able to move onward, but again at a reduced pace.

The route continues to meander through the hills, from side to side, the footprints often stopping at something interesting before moving on. But you have no time for sightseeing, if you could even see though the dense, white mist. At one point, the tracker stops where the trail ends. It is instead replaced by a perpendicular set of deep, large, clawed footprints and the tracker simply says, "Trolls." He looks towards you as if asking for the next instruction.

The dense mist makes it hard to pinpoint your targets, but the sounds they make are good enough for a general guess. Unfortunately, any low-light vision doesn't help - the morning sun is bright, but all it does is light up the thick whiteness ahead of you. After the quick blessing, you quietly progress to your staging points about 40-60 feet away from the sources of noise. However Archival's whispered commands in Terran suddenly make the trolls fall silent.

You all hurry to loose your prepared attacks. (Surprise = standard action or partial charge)

Jesla in tiger form charges in from the right side, tearing through a tent the troll was taking down. She bites deep into the troll's arm and it looks down in shock (Troll 4: 18 damage).
Kresnik aims towards the last spot he heard a noise, but when he fires the bolt, there is no satisfying thud.
Theaton's arrow hits one on the tolls in the middle - hard to see, you can only tell by the satisfying sound of a hit followed by a deep, surprised yelp (Troll 3: 6 damage)
Archival's elementals choose their strategy of splitting up - one for each troll. Their rumbling charge in unison is quite a sight, but only two hits connect solidly (Trolls1&2 13, 14 damage)

Initiative:
Jesla
Kresnik
Trolls
Theaton
Archival + elementals

Out of Character: I'm about to run out of charge, keep your rolls for now (I'll take 1 more round from Jesla). Don't forget d100 rolls for miss chance due to concealment from the fog - melee gets 20%, ranged attacks get 50% because you can't see the target.

Theaton, I may be missing something but you should be rolling 3 attacks (2 at -1, 1 at -7)? And Manyshot just grants extra damage on the first (As if a second arrow had struck). If it helps clarify, use the add reply page and roll a longer list of rolls with better descriptions.

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2017 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 Rivers Run Red D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 10

Out of Character: Just giving the stats of my creatures really quick. I managed to summon 4 small earth elementals and 1 fire elemental. The earth elementals have Tremorsense, so they'll have no problem homing in on the locations of the trolls, as long as they stay within 60 feet.

Small Earth Elemental
AC 17, touch 10, flat-footed 17 (-1 DX, +7 natural, +1 size)
HP 17, Fort +6, Ref -1, Will +4, Immune elemental traits (Immune to bleed, paralysis, poison, sleep, stunning, critical hits, flanking, precision-based attacks like sneak attack)
Feats: Improved Bull Rush, Power Attack (-1 attack, +3 damage - not added into listed stats)
Speed 20 ft., burrow 20 ft., earth glide
Melee slam +8 (1d6+7)
Earth Mastery (+1 attack and damage if both it and foe are touching the ground - not added into listed stats)
ST 20, DX 8, CN 17, IQ 4, WS 11, CH 11
BAB +2, CMB +6, CMD 15
Senses: darkvision 60 ft., tremorsense 60 ft.; Perception +4
Languages: Terran

My creatures will always charge and power attack if able. This brings their Attack to +10, Damage to 1d6+11, and their AC to 15.

Small Fire Elemental
AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+1 Dexterity, +1 dodge, +3 natural, +1 size)
HP 15, Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +1
Immune elemental traits (Immune to bleed, paralysis, poison, sleep, stunning, critical hits, flanking, precision-based attacks like sneak attack), Immune to Fire
Weakness: Vulnerability to Cold
Feats: Dodge, Improved Initiative, Weapon Finesse
Speed 50 ft.
Melee slam +5 (1d4+3 plus Burn)
Special Attacks: Burn (1d4, DC 11)
Burn: Deals fire damage in addition to damage dealt on a successful hit in melee. Those affected by the burn ability must also succeed on a Reflex save or catch fire, taking the listed damage for an additional 1d4 rounds at the start of its turn. A burning creature can attempt a new save as a full-round action. Dropping and rolling on the ground grants a +4 bonus on this save. Creatures that hit a burning creature with natural weapons or unarmed attacks take fire damage as though hit by the burning creature and must make a Reflex save to avoid catching on fire.
ST 14, DX 13, CN 14, IQ 4, WS 11, CH 11
BAB +2, CMB +3, CMD 15
Senses: darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +4
Languages: Ignan.

> TOPIC: Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.