3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 88 of 129

Just a heads up, my armament is listed, below - Page 88 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th Mar, 2018 - 6:14am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 129 pgs.  84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92  ...Latest (129) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Only Approved Players should participate here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 17th Mar, 2018 - 12:11am / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 88

Normally the event could provide a weapon or armor but you will not get two weapons. The main thing you get is knowledge.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Mar, 2018 - 12:11am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Travis, the "Event" imparts skills, and maybe one or two items. In your case it will probably gift you with a nice prayerbook and/or holy symbol, rather than weapons.

Fortunately, we have plenty of funds to get you set up with basic gear aside from that. A basic shortsword and light crossbow (You aren't proficient with a rapier or longbow) are easily doable, among other things. Heck, we just looted a whole mess of suits of scale mail. Refitting one for you would be a decent start for your armor.

Kn, just going over the loot from the last run now. Is everything still selling for 40% of market?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 17th Mar, 2018 - 12:14am

Post Date: 17th Mar, 2018 - 12:14am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Yes unless otherwise noted anything you sale will be 40% of market value. If there is a exceptional case I will let you know if you go to sale it. If a item is found to be cursed it is worthless and will not be bought from you.

17th Mar, 2018 - 12:37am / Post ID: #
Travis
Arch 4
Character
Novice / Cover
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 88 Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Explorer. says...

I hope, as part of Travis "Event" the needed equipment, may include a rapier, and perhaps long bow?
Even a bookworm, may need a little help in the self deffence department.

Post Date: 17th Mar, 2018 - 12:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

It probably won't, but don't worry about that.

The first thing that is going to happen in game tomorrow is that I'm going to take you shopping, or hand off enough funds for someone else to do so. We'll buy you basic armor and weapons, a horse, tack, and a backpack with basic supplies.

I should note that from the start we have handled loot and funds as a pool rather than individual resources. Generally speaking, I've been effectively acting as the treasurer, mostly because the largest chunk of our funds have been funneling through me so I can craft stuff for everyone else.

I try to ensure that people get loot and freshly crafted gear as needed, though there's no way to guarantee complete fairness in that regard. We'll get the basics, and if you need something in particular, ask.

I should note however, an archivist is not proficient with rapiers or longbows. You've got simple weapons, light armor, medium armor. No martial, no heavy, no shields.

P.S. A tip for you. As an archivist, your strength lies in terms of your versatility. You can learn any divine spell. Cleric, Druid, Ranger, Paladin, Favored Soul, whatever, it can all go into your prayerbook for you to pull out when you think it needful. I strongly suggest that a lot of your focus be on finding new spells to copy. Copying spells takes both time and funds. We can provide the funds, you just need to find opportunities, and the time.

If you can't find a particularly desirable spell, you can ask your buddy Jason to fake it for you. I can make scrolls with any spell on them, and you could then copy it as normal. Bear in mind that way costs additional resources, including points from my crafting reserve and crafting time on my already busy schedule. Please look elsewhere first.

Speaking of which, to everyone, just added everything up and we're now up to over 25 thousand gp on hand that is not already flagged for pending crafting projects. That gives us enough leeway that we can probably start spending some of it on things directly, especially if I can't craft it yet. I suggest that we pick up a wand or two of lesser vigor to start. I'd probably hand one to Travis, one to Rachel (They're 750 gp a wand if bought on the market, each of which can pull off a total of 550 HP worth of healing, 11 per casting).

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 17th Mar, 2018 - 12:57am

17th Mar, 2018 - 3:02am / Post ID: #
Travis
Arch 4
Character
Novice / Cover
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Explorer. says...

Oops, just realized I posted twice, apologies. Yes, a basic crossbow, and short sword, plus chain or scale, is fine. As long as it doesn't hinder the spell-casting process. If it does then padded leather or similar.

Obviously, if I have the ability to scribe down any class's spell, from someone or somewhere? To a scroll. Then it would be wise to try and include an offensive one, like fireball, or lightning. Or something of a similar nature.

Although I would like him to bless, heal the party, in addition to distracting the enemy. It would be wise that he isn't a siting duck either.

But that will take time, which at the moment Travis's, time, and very existence is in the lap of the gods, or specifically one rich Dwarf.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Mar, 2018 - 3:17am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 88

Not any class, any divine casting class.You can indeed get offensive spells in there, but fireball and lightning bolt in particular are both strictly arcane, and thus not available to you. Divine casters are not known for their offensive spells, but they do have some good ones in there.

It is also important to note that divine casters like you are capable of casting spells in any form of armor. If you're proficient and its good armor for you, go ahead and wear it.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 17th Mar, 2018 - 3:20am

Post Date: 17th Mar, 2018 - 6:14am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 88

Just a heads up, my armament is listed, below stats but above skills.

I was given the Blessed longsword which is effectively a plus one and you guys gave me the belt of strength and ring of protection. Using a standard breastplate and heavy shield asset the moment.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.