3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 122 of 129

Thank you for your recordkeeping Jason. It's - Page 122 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 10th Oct, 2018 - 1:04am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 129 pgs.  118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126  ...Latest (129) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Only Approved Players should participate here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
8th Oct, 2018 - 9:07am / Post ID: #
Travis
Arch 4
Character
Novice / Cover
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 122

Explorer. says...

Also another thing Travis, needs is more of the herbs to make more cure light wounds, invisibility, potions.
Also, dream berry wine!

I'm not sure everyone in the party, can read, and activate scrolls?
At least with a potion, all can benefit from the healing.

The elven teens, knew, the location of the herbs. I recall, herbs for invisibility are located, near a freshwater pool, and waterfall area. Not far from their homeland.

I can give a potion of invisibility to someone in the party. A cure light wounds I'm giving to Vickie.

I think the cure light wounds, herbs were near a forrest, near the elven homeland. As were the dreamberry trees/plants.

Can anyone use the poisonous "Red stemed" plants in the party? Half a pound of raw materials. Could make a poison potion or two? Out of it.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Oct, 2018 - 3:26am / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions
A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Sorry for the lag, I was away and out of cell/data areas for the long weekend. I would definitely aid in any crafting done, but 50 gp isn't much to fret over. If the DC is 16, isn't that a success?

Post Date: 9th Oct, 2018 - 3:36am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Yeah it was a success for the DC 16 craft, so that one succeeded even without the aid.

But that was just to make the body. Then I went and failed to emulate one of the spells required for the enchantment process. 3 UMD rolls, just had to roll a 10 or better on one of them. But nope, didn't happen. 1,250 gold, 126 xp, and two days of work down the drain. I suppose I shouldn't complain too much though, we've essentially been getting a 62.5% discount on everything I've made since the start of the game, this doesn't put a huge dent in those savings.

Of course it hasn't technically happened yet. The failure won't occur until I make the last check, tonight in ingame time.

I'm pretty much maxed out on bonuses to UMD. Short of some pretty expensive options, I can't think of anything to improve the odds of making the check.

Of course, if I get access to the spell somehow, I don't have to fake it with UMD and that issue goes away. But its a level 5 spell, none of us are even close to being able to cast it. Maybe Lywenta… but she's pretty dang busy.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 9th Oct, 2018 - 3:40am

Post Date: 9th Oct, 2018 - 3:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 122 Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Travis, am I misunderstanding Scribe Scroll here or something? I didn't think you need to make rolls if you are making scrolls for spells you know, just spend the costs in time, gold and xp. Jason has a different mechanic than most, since he has to emulate spells and abilities in order to create his items, but anyone with the standard feat and knowledge of the spells needed just spends the requirements. No roll needed.

Jason, When do you think you can get to the update on the party assets sheet? I think we need to find more money, soon! biggrin.gif.

Post Date: 9th Oct, 2018 - 7:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Magic 8 ball says, unclear

I keep meaning to get to that, and it keeps getting put off. If I don't get to it tonight or tomorrow, I should have all day free Thursday for such things.

And yes, we probably could use another boost of income. These hobgoblins we're going after next should have a good bit of loot.

9th Oct, 2018 - 10:48pm / Post ID: #
Travis
Arch 4
Character
Novice / Cover
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Explorer. says...

KN, has already said that he still wants Travis to actually roll for making a scroll.
He wants to see if I actually "Fumble" the roll. The last two scroll making attempts were successful.

I do need Jason, to allocate some funds for Travis to do this. Not to mention a bottle of red wine, he received at breakfast. Obviously the bottle of red wine, can be used for dilution purposes with the "Dream berries."

As I still do not know how much "Allocated" funds each party member has. Travis has been subtracting the obligatory experience point, and time taken. For each scroll, made.

I've assumed that Jason has provided the ink, and parchment paper also for this. I've assumed that he received the necessary glassware, alembic apparatus, for distillation. Not to mention, normal method of making potions. Right, here in the stronghold!

To make, comercially the dream berry wine, for the Lord, Calvin, Kevin and their cohorts, is something different again.
Where would the funds come from then?? Travis, has a broken cell phone,credit card, and akubra hat, to his name. Plus, his armor weapons and spell book. No wallet containing funds here.

Reconcile Edited: anronrosby on 9th Oct, 2018 - 10:54pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Oct, 2018 - 10:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 122

You can assume that you have all the materials needed when making stuff for the group. That includes paper, ink, and everything else needed for scroll work. Just make sure that the amount used up is tracked. I need to catch up on that.

Beyond that, you can assume that you have money for other purchases as well as long as it doesn't get too wild. I don't see a problem with a single bottle of wine, especially if a good bit of it goes to experimenting with the dream Berry wine production.

In theory at least, these funds belong to all of us. I've ended up mostly managing it primarily because I'm the one crafting most of the stuff we use. But that doesn't make me the sole gatekeeper of the group Treasury.

Post Date: 10th Oct, 2018 - 1:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 122

Thank you for your recordkeeping Jason. It's invaluable in this campaign. We certainly do need more gold. Hopefully we find a hobgoblin treasure horde. I'm looking forward to our next trip out *smile*.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.