3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 124 of 129

No, you can't learn from Grant, but - Page 124 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 16th Oct, 2018 - 10:28am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 129 pgs.  120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128  ...Latest (129) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Only Approved Players should participate here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
11th Oct, 2018 - 11:50am / Post ID: #
Travis
Arch 4
Character
Novice / Cover
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 124

Explorer. says...

KN, I've now alerted Jason, about the wine bottle, and drink, but you forgot to mention breakfast also.

But will recap again here, also two scrolls of lesser vigor, and distillation of 1/4lb dream berries into a potent dream berry (Port). The later, which earned him inadvertent jail time.

Jason, if it wouldn't be to much trouble, can we scout out the new settlement, by the lake. But also include stopping by the, waterfall by the Forrest area?
To gather herbs that can make both invisibility and cure light wounds potions.

Because of time constraints, for next time, we return, could you make me a "Pack-mate" homunculus type?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Oct, 2018 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions
A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Jonathan - in order for an item to become magical, it has to be a masterwork quality object. So non magical items can be enchanted after the fact, if they are masterwork to start with. Masterwork weapons get a +1 for quality, but armour does not. Masterwork armour doesn't get a bonus, just a reduction on armour check penalties.

Post Date: 15th Oct, 2018 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Anron, aside from 16 hours of work being a really long shift… there is a hard limit of 1 magic item per day. You'll only be able to do one of those scrolls tonight.

Kn introduced a way somewhat around that limit with scrolls that have multiple castings though, so you could do several of the Endure Elements or Entropic Shield at once, enough for the whole party if need be. (For a level 1 spell, each casting adds only 12 minutes)

Speaking of which, rolling to make a Fireball scroll with 2 castings.

Oh, and in regards to the question about a packmate. It could be done. It would take 3 days and 945 gp in materials, but the little buggers are useful enough that I think it could be worth it. They can throw splash weapons, store a good bit of supplies, feed potions to people, and are smart enough to know when someone needs to be fed such a potion to get back on their feet.

The only catch there is we don't have a good supply of potions to take full advantage of it. I could start making potions, but to be frank they're much less efficient than other options, especially the wands I'll be able to start making next level.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 15th Oct, 2018 - 2:56am

15th Oct, 2018 - 5:07am / Post ID: #
Travis
Arch 4
Character
Novice / Cover
Character Sheet Lock

Page 124 Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Explorer. says...

No problem, I will do the endure elements tonight, and the entropic shield the next day, if time permits.
I thought the "Packmate," idea would still be useful for storing the potions, and ingredients to make the potions.

The only problem, is that Travis needs to go out into the countryside, to obtain the herbs. But we could combine that if we stop by those places on the way back?

Post Date: 15th Oct, 2018 - 5:35am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Huh. Travis, that would mean it would be more efficient for you to make a scroll with 4 or 5 castings of the same spell per day, than to make two spells over two days. As a Factotum, I have access to any 1st level wizard spell or cantrip once per day, so if you wanted to scribe any of those you could, as well.

Post Date: 15th Oct, 2018 - 1:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yes, that is the other thing. If you don't have the spell yourself, someone else will have to actually cast it for you. So you need to coordinate with others, if they don't have the spell prepped for that day it doesn't quite work out.

Oh, also something to bear in mind. It matters who casts it for you. Even if a particular spell appears on multiple caster lists, if Grant cast it, it will be a wizard scroll and primarily usable by those with access to the wizard spell list and not others. If Rachel cast it, it will be primarily usable by those with access to the Druid list

As to gathering materials, I am sure we can find the time to do so along the way. We probably shouldn't go too far out of our way for that sort of thing. But since we don't know where the best gathering points are anyways….

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 15th Oct, 2018 - 1:16pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Oct, 2018 - 10:24am / Post ID: #
Travis
Arch 4
Character
Novice / Cover
Character Sheet Lock

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 124

Explorer. says...

The Elven teens, know exactly where those spots are to get those herbs.
Travis would recognise that waterhole, where some of is went skiny dipping.
Invisibility herbs arę there. The healing herbs, in that forrest close to the Elven home.

I think KN mentioned that Travis could only learn the spells of a divine naturę.
I don't know if he will let Travis learn from Grant?

When, Travis gets back from the next expedition, he will craft spells more economically. In other words, multiple castings, off of one scroll. In other words, 3 castings, at 12 minutęs each, but taking a day to do it.

Post Date: 16th Oct, 2018 - 10:28am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 124

No, you can't learn from Grant, but that's not what I'm talking about. You have scribe scroll, he can cast any L1 sor/wiz spell, between the two of you, you can make any L1 sor/wiz scroll.

You wouldn't be able to use or learn from said scroll, but others could.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.