Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter - Page 16 of 34

Yeah, it wasn't my intentions to use - Page 16 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 18th Sep, 2017 - 8:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 34 pgs.  12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20  ...Latest (34) »
Closed
PBP Grecian Dungeons and Dragons This is only for Players of this Campaign. To create a Character for this Campaign please visit: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
18th Sep, 2017 - 7:23pm / Post ID: #
Photokles
Cleric
Character
Lieutenant / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter - Page 16

The light bearer says...

Not going to lie, Glarion, I too was wondering this…
But I didn't want to assume anything as it has been shown that I've overlooked some others' abilities in the past.
(Laugh).

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Sep, 2017 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter
A Friend

Chatter QampA Rules Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Has the second attack been due to a reaction of a creature leaving the 5' reach area? Also, some people are providing second rolls specifically for that possibility and I think some of those multiple rolls you see are due to advantage.

18th Sep, 2017 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #
Tellias Syntomo
Fighter BattleMaster 3
Character
Lieutenant / Rear
Character Sheet Lock

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Short End says...

No. These are extra attacks described in the posts of players actions. I don't want to be pointing fingers just checking I have not missed something, These are not advantage rolls or AOO, purely a 2nd attack? As far as I can tell the only character that should be getting two attacks on a consistent basis is Briadia, as she is a two-weapon fighter? I get a 2nd attack per short or long rest due to Action Surge *wink*.

Reconcile Edited: Glarion on 18th Sep, 2017 - 7:34pm

Post Date: 18th Sep, 2017 - 7:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 16 Chatter QampA Rules Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

I was using the offhand attack as a bonus action, that all players can do; but to my surprise the quarterstaff isn't a weapon that can do that.

international QUOTE

"TWO-WEAPON FIGHTING

When you take the Attack action and attack with a light melee weapon that you're holding in one hand, you can use a bonus action to attack with a different light melee weapon that you're holding in the other hand. You don't add your ability modifier to the damage of the bonus attack, unless that modifier is negative.
If either weapon has the thrown property, you can throw the weapon, instead of making a melee attack with it."

PHB pg 195

I didn't realize that it had to be a second weapon and I thought the quarterstaff counted as a light weapon. Sorry for the mistake; ignore my second attack.

Thankfully everyone has Proficiency in unarmed strikes so I should still be able to make two attacks, just not while wielding a Quarterstaff.

18th Sep, 2017 - 7:44pm / Post ID: #
Photokles
Cleric
Character
Lieutenant / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet ◀

Chatter QampA Rules Campaign Greek Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

The light bearer says...

Ah, ok, yes. You can make an attack with a weapon that requires one hand and then make an unarmed strike as long as you aren't wielding a shield or using both hands for the weapon (Thus the high damage output if doing so) as a bonus action.
Bear in mind that unless you have the feat, unarmed strikes are only 1 damage and not everyone is proficient in it.
Druids, sorcerers and wizards are not automatically proficient in unarmed attacks.

Reconcile Edited: Brandonfett on 18th Sep, 2017 - 7:50pm

Post Date: 18th Sep, 2017 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Also on pg 195.

international QUOTE
"Instead of using a weapon to make a melee weapon attack, you can use an unarmed strike: a punch, kick, head-butt, or similar forceful blow (None of which count as weapons). On a hit, an unarmed strike deals bludgeoning damage equal to 1 + your Strength modifier. You are proficient with your unarmed strikes."

So it does look like I need to change up damage and now I'm unsure on if you can perform two unarmed strikes together; need a Dungeon Master ruling on that please.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Sep, 2017 - 8:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter - Page 16

Yes, I would consider that merely a one-two combination kind of action. If one can attack with dagger and scimitar, dagger and dagger, scimitar and scimitar, you get the drift, than one can attack with one's hands twice… at least in this game.

I'll give everyone some time to update their actions.

For your information, if you have been posting two attacks and I knew your character wasn't capable of two attacks I only took your first attack.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 18th Sep, 2017 - 8:09pm

Post Date: 18th Sep, 2017 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 16

Yeah, it wasn't my intentions to use attacks I wasn't allowed, just misread the rules. Sorry about that.

Just ignore the part where he spins and backhands. I'll keep those limitations in mind.

> TOPIC: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.