Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter - Page 20 of 34

So, one thing I should have stated earlier, - Page 20 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 22nd Sep, 2017 - 1:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 34 pgs.  16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24  ...Latest (34) »
Closed
PBP Grecian Dungeons and Dragons This is only for Players of this Campaign. To create a Character for this Campaign please visit: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
21st Sep, 2017 - 9:14pm / Post ID: #
Photokles
Cleric
Character
Lieutenant / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter - Page 20

The light bearer says...

Just a couple things:
First, Glarion, I hope you do not take offense at Photokles's internal monologue, it's just how he sees the gladiator, which I really do enjoy how you're playing him, (Laugh).

Second, would what Niklaus "Remembered" about Thebes be beyond what most of us know about it, or would we be oblivious. The only reason I ask is that his character is not originally from Greece while most of the rest of us are. Granted, he made a roll, but I just thought I would ask before we move forward with other posts. If what was made known to Paul's character isn't known to Photokles, the priest would still want to go to Thebes to check on the inhabitant's wellbeing, but wouldn't necessarily fight too much on the issue if the rest wanted to move on.

Sponsored Links:
21st Sep, 2017 - 9:23pm / Post ID: #
Tellias Syntomo
Fighter BattleMaster 3
Character
Lieutenant / Rear
Character Sheet Lock

Chatter QampA Rules Campaign Greek Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

The Short End says...

"You sir have offended my honor, my family and my pet rat Montoya! And for that you must die!" *laugh*

It takes a lot to offend me and is almost impossible in a Role-playing Game situation as that is what it is, a game involving being something you are not normally. Most of the way Tellias talks and acts is for show. He is actually a decent man and has strong moral beliefs, which sometimes are at odds with his fellow Spartans. Such as seeing all who are in the arena are equals, even when the crowd see slaves he sees a fellow combatant and offers the same respect to his opponent as he would his own kings!

He also talks and acts in this way due to his insecurities and the "Small man syndrome" type effect as his rejection as a child has never left him and even though he has achieved a hugely admirable goal, it still hasn't replaced that failure in his youth, that is obviously outside of his control but governs his life as though it was his own personal failure *wink*.

Post Date: 21st Sep, 2017 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter
A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Well, I told you all it was arbitrary. Glarion, you too get a luck die. Why? For mentioning one of my favorite movie characters. Had you put Inigo Montoya instead of just Montoya I'd have made it a d10.

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2017 - 3:56am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 20 Chatter QampA Rules Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

I want to make it clear, you can't get to Delphi until some time tomorrow. If you go to Thebes you will get there fairly late at night. If you press on and don't detour to Thebes you will make it there with some daylight left. Unless you plan on travelling through the night, which would then get you to Delphi around mid-morning, you will probably have time for a long rest.

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2017 - 4:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Chatter QampA Rules Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

If someone did a live action telling of this adventure; I'd want Dave Bautista, from Guardians of the Galaxy, to play Tellias.

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2017 - 10:09am / Post ID: #

A Friend

And yet you would get Bradley Cooper who is the guy playing Rocket the little ratcoon *wink*.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 22nd Sep, 2017 - 10:10am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Sep, 2017 - 11:02am / Post ID: #
Tellias Syntomo
Fighter BattleMaster 3
Character
Lieutenant / Rear
Character Sheet Lock

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter - Page 20

The Short End says...

Sadly Dave Batuista is far too tall to portray Tellias, but then we all know how Hollywood likes to make things "Bigger & better"! biggrin.gif

Thanks for the luck die. I didn't think it appropriate to give a rat two names. One is the usual limit unless it is a Disney film, and I would like to think that Dungeons & Dragons is most certainly not that! *laugh*

Rather off topic, but...
Although I did run a Dungeons & Dragons game (I renamed its Disney & Dragons) for my younger niece and nephews a few years back where they got to play as Disney characters, but based on one of the standard classes, in one of the slightly darker animated film settings, like the black cauldron *wink* Yep one of them did play as Goofy and yes he was the BDF! (Big Dumb Fighter-type!) *laugh*.

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2017 - 1:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 20

So, one thing I should have stated earlier, PCs can't use rolls for things like performance or persuasion on fellow PCs. That takes away control. Now, using magic is different, but that also comes with its own risks… like what the PC does when the spell wears off. But as far as skill goes, the words themselves will have to suffice to impress the character's player in such a way that they want it to impress their PC.

> TOPIC: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.