Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter - Page 21 of 34

Hmm, ok then. So in theory, one (Or more, - Page 21 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 23rd Sep, 2017 - 4:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 34 pgs.  17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  ...Latest (34) »
Closed
PBP Grecian Dungeons and Dragons This is only for Players of this Campaign. To create a Character for this Campaign please visit: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
22nd Sep, 2017 - 1:24pm / Post ID: #
Tellias Syntomo
Fighter BattleMaster 3
Character
Lieutenant / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter - Page 21

The Short End says...

OK that's cool. My roll was more of a "Lets see how well he can lay on the charm and make friends with this woman" rather than a "I compel you to love me!" *laugh* Just to put it in context. I never let players to make rolls in my games as Dungeon Master to let players convince one another or compel one another into an action, like yourself I encourage dialogue as the way to make friends and influence people *wink* I do allow rolls though to see how well the character delivered their message to the player involved. I.e. Knowing that a caring and nurturing approach is better in some instances than a forceful and brash one. If they roll badly they have likely misread how to interact properly with the individual in question and used their tone and body language in a way that has not endeared their words to the other individual. biggrin.gif

One thing that people will come to get and realize with Tellias as time goes on, when he addresses a group he is self-promoting and self-projecting. This comes from his time in the Ekklsia and his own insecurity. On a one to one basis he tends to be more relaxed, down to earth and actually quite friendly. He likes people generally, and is very interested in what they have to say, at least he always was that way before the last 12 months in office at the Ekklsia, and his old ways do tend to shine through the longer he is away from the political arena.

However, that said, he is not one who likes to be challenged particularly, as he usually meets such things with the only way he knows how and that is defensive aggression. If he doesn't feel like something is going in the direction he wishes it to go, he will use his mental & physical might to convince others that his way is the right way. That is why he has kept quiet to this point as currently seems thing to be going the way he would want them to go *wink*.

Reconcile Edited: Glarion on 22nd Sep, 2017 - 1:27pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2017 - 3:58pm / Post ID: #

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter
A Friend

Chatter QampA Rules Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Looks like we can take a long rest here and move along in the morning. If we are doing a short rest and would then be stopping for the night a bit later just doing a long rest now makes sense. Allows everyone to regain their spells.

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2017 - 6:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Right, just let me know what ya'll are doing so I can keep track of it. If you decide not to take a short rest first then everyone can forget about any HP die they rolled and just collect them back up. Make sure you keep your character sheets up to date.

22nd Sep, 2017 - 9:32pm / Post ID: #
Tellias Syntomo
Fighter BattleMaster 3
Character
Lieutenant / Rear
Character Sheet Lock

Page 21 Chatter QampA Rules Campaign Greek Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

The Short End says...

Tellias will want a rest of some sort. Most likely a short one, but will go with the consensus ob this as he has no real preference either way.

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2017 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Chatter QampA Rules Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

I am for a short rest and then moving on, possibly through out the night.

23rd Sep, 2017 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #
Photokles
Cleric
Character
Lieutenant / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet ◀

The light bearer says...

If we are going to take a long rest, I say we just head on to Thebes then which would allow us the ability to check out the city as well as getting some more suitable accommodations.

If we are wanting to pass Thebes and head on to Delphi, then just do a short rest. It doesn't make sense to long rest out here when we could just go to a city within such short travel distance.

*edit*
About how far is Thebes from our location?

Reconcile Edited: Brandonfett on 23rd Sep, 2017 - 2:17pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2017 - 3:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter - Page 21

This is going to be information I've already provided but there still seems to be some confusion, as witnessed by Brandon's post. That is my fault because I probably haven't been clear enough.

The group can't get to Delphi until some time tomorrow. Thebes is still a few hours off and it is a few hours out of the way. If you go to Thebes you will get to Delphi fairly late at night. If you press on and don't detour to Thebes you will make it to Delphi with some daylight left. This includes factoring in a long rest along the way. If you plan on travelling through the night with only a short rest then you get to Delphi around mid-morning.

Now, I think I've seen three different options voted on but no definitive decision made. I need the group to come to a decision so we can move on. That said, this group is perfect. It is a lot like Greece at this time and a lot like the Greek gods, who the Greeks modeled after themselves… very independent, hard to lead, and jealous of your prerogative. In other words, fairly chaotic in nature.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 23rd Sep, 2017 - 4:17pm

23rd Sep, 2017 - 4:12pm / Post ID: #
Photokles
Cleric
Character
Lieutenant / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet ◀

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 21

The light bearer says...

Hmm, ok then.

So in theory, one (Or more, wink, wink) could travel to Thebes, and then return by the time everyone else is ready to head out in the morning?

> TOPIC: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.