Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter - Page 25 of 34

Elymas had said everything Manos would have - Page 25 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 24th Sep, 2017 - 6:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 34 pgs.  21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29  ...Latest (34) »
Closed
PBP Grecian Dungeons and Dragons This is only for Players of this Campaign. To create a Character for this Campaign please visit: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 24th Sep, 2017 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter
A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter - Page 25

Out of Character: Oh as a player I am finding this interesting and funny. I think it is going to make for some good roleplay one or if they get back together.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Sep, 2017 - 2:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Chatter QampA Rules Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

I liked what happened with the food. I was tempted to have Arcad eat it all before anyone noticed *wink*. Bears have to eat too.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 24th Sep, 2017 - 2:45pm

Post Date: 24th Sep, 2017 - 3:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter Archive Pathfinder / D&D

And now what is done is done. I will be posting the next update soon.

24th Sep, 2017 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #
Photokles
Cleric
Character
Lieutenant / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 25 Chatter QampA Rules Campaign Greek Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

The light bearer says...

Ok, I must be missing something here.

-It is NOT dark yet as the Dungeon Master has said it would only begin to be so within an hour of Thebes.

-Thebes itself is only few hours journey from our current location.

-Everyone seemed to be pretty much hellbent on getting to Delphi as soon as possible, but when deciding on a short rest and then continuing or a long rest and resuming in the morning, most everyone chose the latter (?)

-If a long rest is then the accepted decision, why camp out in the middle of nowhere when we can make to an actual city, partially destroyed or not?

-Everyone seems to think that we are under some sort of time restraint, which I must have missed…

-Finally, and I've asked the Dungeon Master about this, but Niklaus recalled information about needing to visit Thebes before seeing the oracle. I am not sure if he shared that info or not, but regardless, Photokles has either two or three reasons why going to Thebes is more important than making camp at a random spot.

Now, whether or not any of what I have put forth has or hasn't been addressed (I have not seen it), I agree that nearly everyone is playing their own game and not making "Party" decisions. I defend Photokles's actions as not selfish but actually seeing the rest of the group as selfish as we were provided information that the enemy had left and now there are people in need. I see characters stumbling over themselves trying to praise Briadia's attempt at rescuing the hostages, where's the same admiration for a cleric wanting to get his group of ABOVE AVERAGE mortals picked by the gods to go and lend aid or at least gain more knowledge in Thebes?!

That's really all I have to say on that at the moment. I'm not trying to be a party splitter, but it just hits me as strange that a group of what amounts to Demi-gods is so fearful of traveling a few hours "Out of their way" to help or face a danger with bravery.

Also, people are saying "There will need to be discussion when Photokles returns" as if he did some wrong. In his eyes, failure to act is the true wrongdoing here…

Post Date: 24th Sep, 2017 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Chatter QampA Rules Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

My issue with going to Thebes is that the Dungeon Master stated it is several hours out of the way. If it was on the way then sure. He said that if we go to Thebes we will get to Delphi well after dark instead of easily reaching it during daylight hours.

With the current unknowns traveling at night seems very risky. I don't think we should have a talk with Photokles per se. I think that we need to discuss having a leader to avoid issues like this. People are going to be much more upset with Manos when all the food is gone.

I think that part of the issue is that it wasn't approached as a chance to persuade people. It was he says this and leaves either by himself or with whoever wishes. If he would have just stated his opinion it might have started a conversation. I think no one responded to him for the most part because it was a foregone conclusion. This was my impression anyways.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 24th Sep, 2017 - 5:32pm

Post Date: 24th Sep, 2017 - 5:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Well, let's see if I can remember this. The stages of forming a team are forming, storming, norming, and performing. I would say they are at the storming stage. The issue with that is that it's a dangerous world out there all of a sudden, with an enemy that can hit anywhere, anytime. And now maybe they know a bit about you. This should be interesting.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Sep, 2017 - 5:56pm / Post ID: #
Photokles
Cleric
Character
Lieutenant / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter - Page 25

The light bearer says...

Kyr- that's kind of one of the issues Photokles had was that no one was really listening to what he was saying. Everyone seemed to just ignore what he was saying which, in his view, says a lot…

Post Date: 24th Sep, 2017 - 6:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 25

Elymas had said everything Manos would have said. To be honest I wish I was able to get online sooner and head off with Photokles, but that chance passed.

> TOPIC: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.