Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter - Page 27 of 34

Good try KN but I think it is too late for - Page 27 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 25th Sep, 2017 - 2:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 34 pgs.  23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31  ...Latest (34) »
Closed
PBP Grecian Dungeons and Dragons This is only for Players of this Campaign. To create a Character for this Campaign please visit: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 24th Sep, 2017 - 10:12pm / Post ID: #

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter
A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter - Page 27

First off, yes, Hyrroeth, the song I used for the ballad of Briadia and Arcad is "That's Why The Lady Is A Tramp," which is a song recorded by numerous artists, including the inimitable Frank Sinatra. And as awesome as it is, Ella Fitzgerald's version is also a classic.

Now to the issue of the party splitting, and hurt feelings, both of players and characters. Part of this I fear stems from people wanting to forcefully express their opinions and actions, and not waiting a sufficient period of time for everyone to reply. For my part I tend to post fairly regularly, but work and home occasionally disrupt that, often for a couple of days.

It seems I can easily miss someone saying/doing something, and most of the rest of the group reacting, and vigorous discussion ensuing, and finally lots of people saying they are already over it before I even was aware of it happening. So if people simply want to take a little longer before finalizing stuff, I think many of these arguments can be avoided. The only time I feel that rapid posting is advantageous is during combat.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Sep, 2017 - 10:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Chatter QampA Rules Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

I think it should also be noted that as celebrated as the legend of Odysseus is, I rather doubt that many Greeks want to actually experience the level of side tracks and setbacks he had to endure.

I happen to agree we should all have gone to Thebes. But this situation is… not ideal.

Post Date: 24th Sep, 2017 - 11:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I feel that we should have pressed on to Delphi and then camped before dark. It was a little strange to me just stopping right there. I wasn't sure how much daylight was left so I didn't say anything. I feel that the correct thing to do though would have been to stay together wherever the majority of the party wanted to go. I am speaking from a party standpoint and not an individual character's standpoint when I say that.

Sorry Den. I hope I didn't spoil anything for you. What you describe sounds hilarious. Losing the food isn't good but isn't tragic. We can forage as we go along. I had thought about Briadia having a gorilla companion. I could have put the first couple of stat boosts into its intelligence so it would be more intelligent than a party member or two. The gorilla could have caused all kinds of problems *wink*. If something happens to Arcad who knows? I'm a big Discworld. I'm thinking of the librarian from that series of books.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 24th Sep, 2017 - 11:44pm

24th Sep, 2017 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #
Tellias Syntomo
Fighter BattleMaster 3
Character
Lieutenant / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 27 Chatter QampA Rules Campaign Greek Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

The Short End says...

Apologies for absences, was my sons 15th Birthday today so been a little busy. The current situation is fine by me. As there is no direct leadership as such, people are apparently free to choose their own path. I hope there are some sort of consequences to this split so that, when the time comes, order and leadership can be implemented properly.

The food situation will greatly annoy Tellias when he awakes and he will indeed be having words with Manos about this, especially if Arcad eats it. The fact that he took the cart will also greatly anger him as the wizard could just as easily gone after Photokles on a mule, Tellias will not see the reasoning behind the cart being taken. He will also be annoyed that he wasn't awake to of intervened in this course of action, but that's the side effect of too much wine! biggrin.gif

From a Out of Character: player point of view I think it is quite amusing what has happened. Although I will have to be playing Tellias as very angry, personally I think it is a great chance for the Dungeon Master to punish our PC's for not sticking together, which in turn will hopefully help us to see where our PC's went wrong as a party and to correct that going forward *wink*.

Reconcile Edited: Glarion on 24th Sep, 2017 - 11:49pm

24th Sep, 2017 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #
Keitha
Druid lvl 3
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Chatter QampA Rules Campaign Greek Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Servant of Dreams says...

Honestly I agree that we should have stay together, which ever path was taken, yet since two had already left I felt that it was better to have Keitha lend those two her support.

I will offer, I can see where Paul is coming from as well. If we had taken more time to have out party discuss the decision together it might have turned out differently without upset between our characters and not have some rush off. Yet what is done is done and we have to deal with the consequences.

For Daishain, I will admit he makes a fair point that most wouldn't want to experience the level of side tracks and setbacks of shown to be endured in The Odyssey epic. Though I feel my point still has merit, as I feel it is unreasonable to expect things to go off without a hitch… especially when involving the deities of Greek mythology.

Not sure if the Dungeon Master will be showing the gods and goddess of the land as flawed, dysfunctional, and often selfish as in mythology, but that is the expectations I have when being a part of this roleplay.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 24th Sep, 2017 - 11:53pm

Post Date: 24th Sep, 2017 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I knew what time of day it was but everyone wanted to have a short rest so instead of a short rest make it a long rest. Then get up early and head out to the oracle. That is why he laid down to get some sleep.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Sep, 2017 - 12:07am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter - Page 27

Thomas,

Yes, I know the gods of the Greeks had all the flaws of their mortal creators. The Greeks made them that way. In fact, I think I commented somewhere about that very thing, that the gods were just as chaotic as their Greek worshippers. Actually, maybe more so since they had it in a godly amount.

Daishain,

I haven't forgotten about you identifying the magic items. You will learn what they are in your dreams good sir.

All,

I'll wait to let everyone post in the main thread.

Post Date: 25th Sep, 2017 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 27

Good try KN but I think it is too late for the food. Ninja still has to resolve the last part of the night. I'm pretty sure Christmas has come early for Arcad!

> TOPIC: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.