Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter - Page 30 of 34

In fairness to Keitha/Thomas, Ninja, you hadn't - Page 30 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 30th Sep, 2017 - 10:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 34 pgs.  26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 
Closed
PBP Grecian Dungeons and Dragons This is only for Players of this Campaign. To create a Character for this Campaign please visit: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 28th Sep, 2017 - 5:23am / Post ID: #

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter
A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter - Page 30

I would have posted it here, but was sadly unable to due to recently (But not within the editing timeline) posting the reply to Thomas about what kind of hero I thought Keitha was.

I appreciated that you have been enjoying my roleplaying *smile*

In my timeline I left closer to 6 - 9pm; leaving camp shortly before sunset and it was closer to dusk when me and Keitha left; I believe I made note about to those effects. So I was under the impression that we were closer to midnight than to morning. [By The Way], the 10 hour timeline was going off of leaving at the earliest of 6pm; which is why I said 'up to'.

Also you added 5 1/2 hours of stuff, not 6; so how about we go with that and call it about 2am? I just want to get in some "In city" roleplaying before we advance again together as a group. I'm sure Thomas and Brandon would too.

EDIT: Just to make sure, I double checked and I didn't see any post saying that we are at or near the city. *laugh* Where are these guys taking us? Are they actually bandits and rogues, were they not kidding? Manos tenses up a little as these questions begin drifting into his head.

Reconcile Edited: Robertreaper on 28th Sep, 2017 - 5:38am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Sep, 2017 - 3:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Chatter QampA Rules Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Robert,

I think if you go in and read the whole paragraph where I talk about time you'll see it is 6 1/2 hours. Furthermore, I had Manos leaving at 8:30 PM (2030). We are sticking with the 0400. Let me add, time is a fluffy concept almost 400 years before the birth of Christ. So, when I say something could be x hours understand that is plus or minus as much as 50%. Although, the percentage is higher the shorter the time. So, if I say something is 12 hours away it may end up being 15 hours unless something slows you down… like a Tarrasque. But two hours could easily be three… or one.

I'm not sure why you think there will be no roleplaying in Thebes or why you think the other group is right behind Manos. They haven't even left the camp yet. They won't be moving any faster than Manos and Keitha did. There are still soldiers about. And just like Manos, Keitha, and Photokles there is a certain percentage chance they'll meet agreeable soldiers and a certain percentage chance they'll meet disagreeable soldiers. We'll see what happens.

Post Date: 28th Sep, 2017 - 5:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter Archive Pathfinder / D&D

For the 5 1/2 hours I was going off of this.

"Now, let's say Thebes was two hours away, add an hour for looking for tracks, add another hour for moving very slowly once you realized there were soldiers around, add an hour for your meeting from when they started approaching you, which they would do quite slowly, and let's throw 30 minutes in there for miscellaneous just because I know miscellaneous happens when you move on a battlefield."

So 2 for travel to Thebes +1 for tracks +1 for moving slow +1 for meeting the soldiers +1/2 for miscellaneous = 5 1/2.

[By The Way], Manos is now very nervous and is sure they are not heading to Thebes. He has begun considering the soldiers to be a threat to him and Keitha.

Reconcile Edited: Robertreaper on 28th Sep, 2017 - 5:57pm

Post Date: 28th Sep, 2017 - 5:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 30 Chatter QampA Rules Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

You left this out:

Of course, I said Thebes was about two hours away and that was an estimate. So we'll throw another hour in there for miscalculation. So, you started at 2030 and add 6 1/2 hours and you get to 0300. My time is pretty close.

So, let's end this now. It's 4:00 AM. Once I get an action for Photokles we'll move on and Manos will find out if he is right to worry.

Post Date: 28th Sep, 2017 - 5:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Chatter QampA Rules Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

I wasn't trying to continue it, just explaining my math. Thanks for pointing our where I missed the hour.

Post Date: 30th Sep, 2017 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Briadia will stay about a mile ahead of the group. Wjen they near Thebes she will slow down and let them catch up to her.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Sep, 2017 - 9:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter - Page 30

Thomas,

[You] may want to check out where you are before growing a tree the size you just grew. As the tree sprouts up, you'd be knocking the facade off of buildings and ripping the road up. You are just inside the gates of Thebes. At the very least you'd damage those gates… right after an attack. The Thebans might not appreciate that.

30th Sep, 2017 - 10:26pm / Post ID: #
Tellias Syntomo
Fighter BattleMaster 3
Character
Lieutenant / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 30

The Short End says...

In fairness to Keitha/Thomas, Ninja, you hadn't stated that they'd entered the city as yet, but that a large gate was looming up ahead *wink*.

+  « First of 34 pgs.  26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 

> TOPIC: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.