Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter - Page 9 of 34

Thomas, I didn't just avoid them, - Page 9 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 16th Sep, 2017 - 2:18am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 34 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (34) »
Closed
PBP Grecian Dungeons and Dragons This is only for Players of this Campaign. To create a Character for this Campaign please visit: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 16th Sep, 2017 - 1:20am / Post ID: #

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter
A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter - Page 9

I have decided that Kria will indeed consider the broader view of what Elymas said and help Briadia. Now my question for you is, what will he do if when the big guy in the rear uses his bow and shoots at him?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Sep, 2017 - 1:28am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Chatter QampA Rules Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

I don't see her as the type to stick out to the bitter end, soon as she starts getting targeted, she's probably gone again. There's helping out a little, and then there's becoming a pincushion. Stats for her are on the companion section of my sheet.

Post Date: 16th Sep, 2017 - 1:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Briadia will be very grateful for Kria's help. She needs all the help she can get. If Briadia and Arcad are fighting side by side could it benefit both of them possibly?

Paul, I'm very proud of you playing a magic user for the first time. I think you will love the bard. Start planning soon. I didn't know if you were aware but at level 6 Lore Bards get one of the most powerful if not most powerful benefit in the game. They get to pick two spells from Any spell list that are 3rd level or lower. And they won't count against the total bardic spells known. I think by the highest levels he will have 6 bonus spells from any list. That will give you amazing flexibility.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 16th Sep, 2017 - 1:49am

Post Date: 16th Sep, 2017 - 1:53am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 9 Chatter QampA Rules Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Paul,

Yeah, I agree with Kyrroeth. I'm like you and stayed away from magic users like the plague in previous editions. Rogue, fighter, ranger, and the occasional paladin was what I played. When barbarian came out I added that to my repertoire. I took the leap here in 5e because it looked like the cleaned magic up so much in this edition… and I was right, they did. I never play a magic using character except when it's like a secondary benefit like a Ranger or Paladin. In this edition, I love playing Fay. He has become one of my favorite characters ever.

Post Date: 16th Sep, 2017 - 1:54am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Chatter QampA Rules Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Yeah, I have looked over the progression stuff, but even 6th level is a long ways off. The one spell I expect to take when I hit that is Counterspell. No idea what else, since I intend to see how things progress. In point of fact, when we hit 4th level, he will drop one 1st level spell, and take both Healing Word and Heroism. I decided not to take Heroism yet because my concept of the character is he has not fought in a group like this before. Now that he is getting a taste of it, next level he will probably cast Heroism at the start of every combat…

16th Sep, 2017 - 1:58am / Post ID: #
Keitha
Druid lvl 3
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Servant of Dreams says...

Abnninja, it is surprising to learn you avoided spellcasters. I have always loved playing more magical characters. Whether bards, paladins, clerics, druids, wizards, or sorcerers I have enjoyed each of these classes. I mean sure, blowing stuff up might be fun but I like deception, manipulation, and subtlety to my magic or really even in overall concepts.

Admittedly, I never generally focused on the spells that were the most powerful or dealt the most damage. With Illusions as my favorite spells, as well enchantments, divination, and more utilitary spells or holy magic.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 16th Sep, 2017 - 2:01am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Sep, 2017 - 2:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter - Page 9

A few suggestions aside from Counterspell Paul: Spirit Guardians, Find Steed, Fireball, or Haste.

Pretty much any two of those could fill holes in the Bards normal repertoire.

Post Date: 16th Sep, 2017 - 2:18am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 9

Thomas,

I didn't just avoid them, I avoided them like the plague. Magic use was too cumbersome for me. I'd rather have a character that used sword or bow and had magic as a tertiary feature. Again, like a ranger or paladin. Or a character like a rogue that could sneak in at backstab someone, open the lock that lets a group surprise their foes, or find and disarm the trap that could have killed them all.

Daishain/Paul,

For me it would fireball and any one other of them… but that is just me.

Okay, now let's bring this thread back to Q&A regarding this game.

> TOPIC: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Rules Q&A / Chatter

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.