Teens With Babies

Teens Babies - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 13th Apr, 2003 - 10:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »

?
Poll: Is it natural for a teenager to want to have a baby?
  Yes, perfectly normal       28.00%
  Yes, if they are in their late teens       20.00%
  I am not sure       8.00%
  No, it is absurd       44.00%
Total Votes: 25
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Pregnant Teens - Young teenage girls wanting to have babies - is this okay? What about young teen girls pregnant and feeling that they should have an abortion? These things are discussed within this thread.
Teens With Babies Related Information to Teens With Babies
Post Date: 21st Mar, 2003 - 7:13pm / Post ID: #

Teens With Babies
A Friend

Teens With Babies

Teens with Babies

At the minute most of my friends are talking about having and wanting a baby. Some of them say that their going to stop taking the pill so their boyfriends get them pregnant and most of these lads are really nice and don't need a baby right now. Thing is these girls are my friends so it ain't like I can go tell their boyfriends is it. It might seem like a good idea to get knocked up but it is beyond not easy to have a kid and try to do other things. Anyways I myself have thought about wanting to have a baby before. It sounds like a great idea but I know I'm too young. If I did, it would like, ruin my whole other great ideas to my life.

Do you know teens that want babies and have you ever thought about having a baby?

Sponsored Links:
21st Mar, 2003 - 11:15pm / Post ID: #

Babies Teens

Oh gosh, your friends need help! . Yes, I have met teenagers who wanted to have babies and I tell ya something. They don't have a CLUE what it is about!!! there is something missing in their lives that they think they can fill it with a baby. They don't really know the responsibility and work that it involves. They think babies are cute and all that but they don't have  a CLUE what it is to have a baby. The best remedy for this is take your friends to those institutions where they help teenagers moms and their babies, let them chat with those young mothers and I tell you that not even one of them they will say 'yeah, go ahead, have a baby, it's the best thing that can happen to you!' No way, they will tell them that they will not have time for nothing, they will have to forget about school, friends, parties, everything...to be able to raise that child. Some of them cannot even handle it and they give the baby away for adoption, this is really serious. A baby is not a doll to who you play and make the hair and dress nicely, and when you feel tired you leave it somewhere. This is a HUGE responsibility and work!. Your friends are very immature and they need to understand that whatever decision they make it's not only going to affect them ALL their lives but also they have to think in the life that they are bringing into this world.
I'm 28 and I had my son when I was 25 and it was SO hard to adapt and I still not able to adapt myself to motherhood!. Bink can tell you more about it, she has two small kids.
I cannot do the things I used to do and yes you feel frustrated because your freedom of before is not longer there...and I'm 28 can you imagine how it can be for a 18 years old girl? *shaking head*
Plus, to want to stop taking the pill without their boyfriends knowing shows such a lack of respect and care because if they do get pregnant I'm pretty sure they will DEMAND from the boyfriends child support, visits and all that!...what the heck these girls have in their heads? obviously not brains!. :smile.gif

Post Date: 22nd Mar, 2003 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

Teens With Babies
A Friend

Teens With Babies Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Listen to LDS.  She is so right.  I am 23 and I have two kids.  It is no picnic.  It is fun at times, but more often than not it is a ton of work.  There is hardly any time to do the things that you want.  If they go through with this it is going to take away from them all of the things that they will want to do with their lives.  They will miss out on so many fun times.  

I wanted kids and I was ready to accep the responsibility that came with it, I was also married before going through with this so it was a decision my husband and I made together so we both knew that we were in this together.  Your friends will be awfully upset and disappointed to find out that their boyfriends aren't going to want to help out, or even leave them alone with a child.  They can't expect their parents to take care of the child either.  

My sister had her first child at 16 years of age and it took her a long time to finally get her life in the direction she wanted it to go.  She graduated high school but it took a lot of effort on her part to do that, and she was just lucky enough to have a school that provided day care for kids.  It's a very sad thing to have a high school that provides day care for their teenage students' children.

Your friends aren't thinking of the sacrifices that they are going to have to make and they are thinking of what life will be like for the baby as it grows up with a teenage mom.  They will both learning together instead of the child being taught by someone ready to teach.

I agree with LDS to take them to an institution, or try to disuade them from having a baby so young.  Having a baby so young is a serious thought that should not be taken lightly.  It is a permanent decision.

1st Apr, 2003 - 10:18am / Post ID: #

Babies Teens

The following was posted and used by permission. It is posted in full because of the imporatnce of the information:

Reply-To: Steven Ertelt
Subject: Teenagers are Becoming More Pro-Life Than Their Parents
Source: New York Times; March 31, 2003

Teenagers are Becoming More Pro-Life Than Their Parents

New York, NY -- For her high school class in persuasive speech, Afton Dahl, 16, chose to present an argument that abortion should be illegal. She described the details of various abortion techniques, including facts about fetal heart development.

"The baby's heartbeat starts at around 12 to 18 days, so it's murder to kill someone with a heartbeat," Miss Dahl said recently, recalling the argument she used in class in January. "I don't believe in abortion under any circumstances, including rape. I think it would be better to overturn Roe v. Wade."

Dahl, a sophomore, attends Red Wing High School in Red Wing, Minn., a small city that is the home of Red Wing shoes and a town where a majority voted for Al Gore for president. Dahl's abortion views are not something she learned from her parents: her mother, Fran Dahl, 47, maintains that abortion should be "a woman's choice."

"Nowadays kids don't grow up knowing or being aware of what was going on when abortion was illegal," said Ms. Dahl, a former nurse. "It's not a choice that I would have taken personally, but for the future of women I want to see the right to an abortion maintained."

This contrast between mother and teenage daughter illustrates a trend noted in polls: that teenagers and college-age Americans are more pro-life about abortion than their counterparts were a generation ago. Many people old enough to have teenage children and who equate youth with liberal social opinions on topics like gay rights and the use of marijuana for medical purposes have been surprised at this discovery. Miss Dahl was one of numerous students in her class who chose to make speeches about abortion, and most took the pro-life side.

"I was shocked that there were that many students who felt strong enough and confident enough to speak about being pro-life," said Nina Verin, a parent of another student in the class (whose oral argument was about war in Iraq). "The people I associate with in town are pro-choice, so I'm troubled - where do these kids come from?"

A study of American college freshmen shows that support for abortion has been dropping since the early 1990's: 54 percent of 282,549 students polled at 437 schools last fall by the University of California at Los Angeles agreed that abortion should be legal. The figure was down from 67 percent a decade earlier. A New York Times/CBS News poll in January found that among people 18 to 29, the share who agree that abortion should be generally available to those who want it was 39 percent, down from 48 percent in 1993.

Experts offer a number of reasons why young people today seem to favor stricter abortion laws than their parents did at the same age. They include the decline in teenage pregnancy over the last 10 years, which has reduced the demand for abortion. They also cite society's greater acceptance of single parenthood; the spread of ultrasound technology, which has displayed the humanity of the unborn child; and the easing of the stigma once attached to giving up a child for adoption.

"Young people think sacrifice is a good thing, particularly conservative Christian kids. One of the main sacrifices you can give is the gift of a child to a deserving couple," said Frances Kissling, president of "Catholics" for a Free Choice, a pro-abortion group.

The most commonly cited reason for the increasingly pro-life views of young people is their receptiveness to the way pro-life advocates have reframed the national debate on the contentious topic, shifting the emphasis from a woman's rights to the rights of the unborn child.

Abortion opponents celebrated on March 13 when the Senate passed a ban on partial-birth abortion; the bill is expected to pass the House quickly and be signed by President Bush, and to immediately face a court challenge. Even though the procedure is used in only a tiny fraction of cases, graphic descriptions of it since the mid-90's, and even the name its foes have given it (doctors call it dilation and extraction), have had an impact on young people.

[..]

"Teenagers have strong opinions," Ms. Raymond, 41, said. "It's no different than the 70's when I was a teenager, but the difference is that the majority of speeches then were pro-choice. I wanted the right to an abortion as a woman."

"Today," she said of her students, "the majority is pro-life."

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2003 - 5:01am / Post ID: #

Teens With Babies
A Friend

Babies Teens

No one at my school has thought about having kids, im only at a middle school. Im only 14, i have thought about having kids in the future but i dont want any at all. I cant stand kids, they annoy me, and im extremely impatient.

13th Apr, 2003 - 5:13pm / Post ID: #

Teens With Babies

I cant stand kids, they annoy me

I never understand this since weren't we once a kid ourselves? I guess we just annoyed others but do not want to share in the burden?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Apr, 2003 - 5:29pm / Post ID: #

Teens Babies

I cant stand kids, they annoy me, and im extremely impatient.

LOL you remind me a lot when I was your age ;D. And look at me now with a three years old son wink.gif. I still developing my patience with him lol it's not easy so it's impossible to me to understand why a young girl will want such a responsibility when they can study, have fun and hang out with friends. Lack of love I think is the answer for that.

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2003 - 10:53pm / Post ID: #

Teens With Babies
A Friend

Teens Babies Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

No one at my school has thought about having kids, im only at a middle school. Im only 14, i have thought about having kids in the future but i dont want any at all. I cant stand kids, they annoy me, and im extremely impatient.

I don't know how can you say that you can't stand kids b/c they annoy you, when you are one of the most annoying person ever

Back to the topic
I have nothing against teenage parents but to me honest I know it is hard work! One of my best friends has a 14 month old little boy, and although she is a wonderful mother i know how hard she finds it! I completely admire her for keeping her son, as abortion appears to be an easy option in a position like that. I don't agree with abortion and i wouldnt have one ever, no matter what happened to me. The key is not abortion, or the morning after pill, the key is being sensible at all costs and using protection. Girls who are sexually active, I advise you to get on the pill and use condoms to thats the safest. Be smart be safe!

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: Teens With Babies

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,