Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? - Page 28 of 35

I think issues like this try to put all the - Page 28 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 28th Apr, 2016 - 3:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 35 pgs.  24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32  ...Latest (35) »

?
Poll: Are People Born Gay Or Choice?
  Born Gay       28.79%
  Their Choice       40.91%
  A bit of both       30.30%
Total Votes: 66
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Discuss  Are People Born Gay Gay By Choice Homosexual behavior stems from the mind or genetics?
Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? Related Information to Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?
Post Date: 19th Nov, 2014 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? - Page 28

Study Suggests Genetic Link For Male Homosexuality
Biotechnology News

CHICAGO (AP) ? A large study of gay brothers adds to evidence that genes influence men's chances of being homosexual, but the results aren't strong enough to prove it.

Source

Sponsored Links:
3rd Feb, 2015 - 10:55am / Post ID: #

Choice Gay Gay Born People Are

Only a gay person can answer this otherwise everyone else is just guessing. Has a study ever been done on a wide scale to determine this and make an official answer?

Post Date: 5th Mar, 2015 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Ben Carson apologizes for saying being gay is a choice

GOP presidential hopeful says his comments on gay people were "hurtful and divisive." Ref. Source 2

29th Mar, 2015 - 12:52am / Post ID: #

Page 28 Choice Gay Gay Born People Are

For the future will we see school books definitively state that being gay is something genetic? When that happens I think everyone will be more partial to the idea than it simply being because of circumstance or choice.

29th Jan, 2016 - 5:18am / Post ID: #

Choice Gay Gay Born People Are

People's sexual preference can change during their lifetime so it could be a bit of both: biology and choice.

Post Date: 14th Apr, 2016 - 3:34am / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?

Prevalence of homosexuality in men is stable throughout time since many carry the genes

Around half of all heterosexual men and women potentially carry so-called homosexuality genes that are passed on from one generation to the next. This has helped homosexuality to be present among humans throughout history, even though homosexual men normally do not have many descendants who can directly inherit their genes. Ref. Source 6c.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Apr, 2016 - 6:07am / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Gay Choice - Page 28

What scientists know -- and don't know -- about sexual orientation

Over the last 50 years, political rights for lesbian, gay, and bisexual (LGB) individuals have significantly broadened in some countries, while they have narrowed in others. In many parts of the world, political and popular support for LGB rights hinges on questions about the prevalence, causes, and consequences of non-heterosexual orientations. In a new report, a team of researchers bring the latest science to bear on these issues, providing a comprehensive review of the scientific research on sexual orientation. Ref. Source 1z.

28th Apr, 2016 - 3:01pm / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Gay Choice Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 28

I think issues like this try to put all the pressure on Nature vs Nurture. Like it has to be one or the other. We are all born with certain predispositions (Intellectual curiosity, adventurous nature, emotional threshold, etc), but that doesn't mean that every person born intellectually curious will go on to become a scientist, due to life experiences they could become anything at all. Just because someone is born with a calm demeanor doesn't mean that they can't be pushed constantly to the point that they develop a short fuse. In the same way people are born with certain sexual preferences (Maybe a more defined jawline does it for you, maybe you like big butts), but these don't always relate to a specific gender. Just because men like a strong jawline doesn't mean they have to like other men, but through life experience maybe they find they do like men more than women. Because we are such a 'black or white' society with everything belonging in one box or the other, very few people are okay with crossing gender boundaries (A man who like to sew or women who like to work on cars), and so we end up with thoughts like only men have angular features and women have softer curves or only women are caring and maternal, while men are aggressive and alpha. None of these stereotypes are always true and just because we are attracted to features belonging to a certain gender stereotype, doesn't mean we have to be whichever sexual orientation (Men who like 'male' features don't have to be gay and women who like 'male' features don't have to be straight).

I also think gender identity and sexual preference are a continuum that can't be divided so easily into either one extreme or the other (Even 3 divisions). I think a lot of stress is put on teenagers to identify (Whether born that way or by choice) which (Of 2 or 3 choices) sexual orientation they belong to before they have really been exposed to enough people and body types to know what they like. Then they go through their early adult life clinging desperately to this identity until they finally get the courage to say 'no I am my own person and don't care about your labels'. But I seem to have gotten off a bit on a tangent, I am sorry.

Reconcile Edited: Alchyrogue on 28th Apr, 2016 - 3:02pm

> TOPIC: Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,