Should Teachers Be Replaced By Computers? - Page 2 of 5

Name: Hunter Comments: I think they are a - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 30th Apr, 2009 - 5:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Computer replacing the teacher
10th Sep, 2005 - 4:00am / Post ID: #

Should Teachers Be Replaced By Computers? - Page 2

For some things a computer may be the right solution for the classroom Typing, or as it is now known keyboarding is a fine example of a computer program that can be self based on a computer. There are other very serial processes that can also be taught by computer. I also remember a speed reading course taken in 4th grade that was equivilent to computer based training. A projector was used in this case and the words were shown a one and a time as it went over the lines. Comprehension questions were asked at the end of each session. Over time this process was sped up to increase the reading speed of the student. While this was much more analog a computer based approach might also be good and probably exists.

Wyldehorse

Sponsored Links:
6th Dec, 2005 - 3:48pm / Post ID: #

Computers Replaced Teachers Should

Computers in the classrooms are great tools, but they are just that, tools. Nothing more. Computers can teach math or reading, but it will never be able to inspire a student in areas such as science or history, you think history is a bunch of annoying facts and dates now, wait until a computer teaches it.

Reconcile Edited: Tastanagee on 6th Dec, 2005 - 3:51pm

6th Dec, 2005 - 6:22pm / Post ID: #

Should Teachers Be Replaced By Computers? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

No, because If only a computer is there, the students will have no enforcement to keep them in line and behave and pay attention. Plus, computers don't have answers to every question about the subject they may have.

Post Date: 17th Dec, 2005 - 3:57pm / Post ID: #

Should Teachers Be Replaced By Computers?
A Friend

Page 2 Computers Replaced Teachers Should

I have to agree with everyone. Even with how much I love computers I know that there will not be a day that a computer can fully replace a human. When I look today at the technology we have, long distance classes are good examples. We need that personal experience with a teacher who can shed lite on subjects a lot easier then text on a computer can. Then looking into our future, even when computers may have certain AI they still can not have that personal experience you get from a teacher.

But like some have said there are some classes that computers work. We see this in tutorials for making a webpage or programming. At times these tutorials and computers are enough to teach us.

Post Date: 1st Dec, 2007 - 10:26am / Post ID: #

Computers Replaced Teachers Should

Name: Nemo

Comments: I disagree computers are the perfect way to get rid of teachers because teachers can scream at you, computers don't. You can use any program that suite your level, but teachers do not pay attention to all the students in the class. If you had a bad teacher you can use the computer to understand what you want. Computers are available every where and are easy to use.

1st Dec, 2007 - 10:34am / Post ID: #

Should Teachers Be Replaced By Computers?

I am with the majority on this one. I think that the personal warmth and concern actually will accelerate a child who wants to learn whereas a computer would not give them positive feedback and encouragement they need.

Also, there are so many different learning styles and where one person might learn great from a computer and that type of learning-I think they still need someone (a real person) to be accountable to.

I also agree that they are great tools and can help kids go the extra mile. Especially some of the fun math and reading games that are out there.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Oct, 2008 - 8:09am / Post ID: #

Should Teachers Replaced Computers - Page 2

Name: India

Comments: No, I don't agree. Teacher's are the role models and mentors of the students.

Post Date: 30th Apr, 2009 - 5:36pm / Post ID: #

Should Teachers Replaced Computers Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

Name: Hunter

Comments: I think they are a good way to stay focused but the only down side is that it would get boring every now and then.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Should Teachers Be Replaced By Computers?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,