Cricket - General Discussion - Page 6 of 33

The West Indies has the talent pool to become - Page 6 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 14th Mar, 2006 - 6:03am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 33 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (33) »

?
Poll: I understand the game of cricket?
  Yes, and I am a great fan of the sport       76.92%
  Yes, but I am not very interested in it       15.38%
  No, it is very confusing to me       7.69%
Total Votes: 13
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
The Australians have dominated this sport for a long time. Will the West Indies ever recover? Who is your favorite team? How about your favorite player? Use this Thread as a means to talk about Cricket in general terms. Use the more specific Threads to focus on actual events, players or countries.
1st Mar, 2006 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

Cricket - General Discussion - Page 6

I didn't realize West Indian cricketers 'giving up' was a news story at all. It is evident over the last few years that there is no pride in West Indies cricket, and they are simply going through the motions. They really need a leader to step up and motivate them and I'm not sure Chanderpaul can fit that description; he is too reserved. They need someone fiery like Viv Richards used to be. I honestly hope they can turn things around someday.

Sponsored Links:
1st Mar, 2006 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #

Discussion General Cricket

They need a "whippin' and then a bush bath' as many West Indians would say. Most people have voiced their concern over West Indies cricket and mostly blame the West Indies Cricket board as the reason for the failures. A more close inspection on this can be had West Indies Cricket.

12th Mar, 2006 - 5:52pm / Post ID: #

Cricket - General Discussion Sports & Fashion Music Movies

The West Indians will never recover and return to their cricket glory days. The current generation are hooked on sports like baseball

12th Mar, 2006 - 6:00pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 Discussion General Cricket

Roker, where did you get that from? Use of the word 'never' and saying that we are more interested in baseball shows a lack of knowledge of the vicinity, at least as far as Trinidad & Tobago is concerned.

12th Mar, 2006 - 10:55pm / Post ID: #

Discussion General Cricket

I have friends in Jamaica who tell me the kids are not interested in cricket.
If you think the West Indians will ever be a cricket force again then you are living under an illusion

12th Mar, 2006 - 11:14pm / Post ID: #

Cricket - General Discussion

So, someone tells you something from Jamaica you automatically believe it, in addition to which it must count for a whole region? If someone were to tell you something about the Isle of Man from the most Southern part of Italy would you also believe that? In case you have not noticed the West Indies is a big place covering several governments and peoples in addition to which West Indies Cricket covers part of South America. Now if you have something constructive to say, then say it, but to just give an opinion so vague as that is as useful as a door stop.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Mar, 2006 - 6:14am / Post ID: #

Cricket General Discussion - Page 6

Ok I get your drift. So tell me whats your reason for the decline in West Indies cricket and how will they ever become a top class nation again

14th Mar, 2006 - 6:03am / Post ID: #

Cricket General Discussion Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 6

The West Indies has the talent pool to become a world power in cricket again, but from what I"ve heard football is the biggest threat. Is this true?

And with all due respect Roker, I wouldn't be telling people other nations will never be a force again when the English cricket team have been the laughing stock of world cricket for over a decade, prior to the past two years.

Did anyone see the massive game between South Africa and Australia. Australia was all out 4/434 and South Africa beat us with one ball remaining, 9/438. Despite the fact this was held in South Africa, everyone here is shocked that the Proteas could get such a high score in a run chase. It was a remarkable game with several world records set along the way.

Early tips for the next Cricket World Cup: Australia 3/1; South Africa 4/1; India, England and Pakistan 6/1.

> TOPIC: Cricket - General Discussion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,