Cricket - General Discussion - Page 7 of 33

Broad supports Strauss captaincy Cricket News - Page 7 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 18th Apr, 2011 - 9:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 33 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (33) »

?
Poll: I understand the game of cricket?
  Yes, and I am a great fan of the sport       76.92%
  Yes, but I am not very interested in it       15.38%
  No, it is very confusing to me       7.69%
Total Votes: 13
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
The Australians have dominated this sport for a long time. Will the West Indies ever recover? Who is your favorite team? How about your favorite player? Use this Thread as a means to talk about Cricket in general terms. Use the more specific Threads to focus on actual events, players or countries.
14th Mar, 2006 - 6:27am / Post ID: #

Cricket - General Discussion - Page 7

Arvhic...English cricket is not what this topic is about. But I would gladly discuss with you the many problems we have with English cricket.
I dont see what the state of English cricket has to do the decline in of West Indian cricket. Although one point to note here is when the West Indian cricketers where the dominant force most of them played English County Cricket.
Not many of them play for English counties now

Sponsored Links:
14th Mar, 2006 - 10:45am / Post ID: #

Discussion General Cricket

QUOTE (Roker)
English cricket is not what this topic is about.

This thread is about cricket in general, so any nation or team is open to be spoken about here be it English or West Indian. If you want to focus on a single team then you need to start a new thread.

14th Mar, 2006 - 4:59pm / Post ID: #

Cricket - General Discussion Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Looking at cricket in general it is good that the Australians are no longer all conquering and sad that the West Indians are in decline. The English team will continue to be also rans with highs like beating Australia and lows like being thumped by Pakistan.

29th Apr, 2006 - 2:41am / Post ID: #

Page 7 Discussion General Cricket

It appears the English cricket team has gone back into decline since they beat the Aussies and vice versa.

England were walloped by Pakistan in both test and ODIs, drew with India in tests (which is respectable) but were thrashed in ODIs. Australia smashed the Windies, Sri Lanka (ODIs only) and South Africa in SA. I wonder what this says about the world order of cricket?

I still think Australia is in a re-building stage and they are no longer invincible, but what about England? They showed a fair bit of promise and talent in the Ashes, what has happened?

Australia recently finished a tour of Bangladesh and I have to admit the Bangladeshis are much better than I thought they would be. Australia still won but in the first test they gave us a real match and look to have some promising talent.

Michael Hussey is the best batsmen in the world at the moment. He shares this mantle with Ricky Ponting. Since his test debut he has averaged in the mid-70s in both test and ODIs. The difference between Ponting and Hussey is that Hussey bats at number six, ponting is number three.

Hussey's figures read:

Tests: 11  Innings: 19  Runs: 1139  HS: 182 Ave: 75.93
ODIs:  40  Innings: 31  Runs: 1156  HS: 88*  Ave: 77.06

Ponting in the last year:

Tests: 12  Runs: 1483 HS: 149 Ave: 78.05  100s: 8  50s: 6
ODIs: 20  Runs: 920 HS: 164  Ave: 48.42

Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2007 - 6:47pm / Post ID: #

Cricket - General Discussion
A Friend

Discussion General Cricket

West Indies cricket will rise again only if the players, coaches, respected boards, WICB, the main sponsor and all the stakeholder work together, divided they will not achieve their goals.
The new administration has signaled the willingness to work with the stakeholders and all the off the field distractions for this upcoming tour has decreased.
Best of luck in Zimbabwe and South Africa.

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2011 - 9:50pm / Post ID: #

Cricket - General Discussion

2015 World Cup is cut to 10 teams
Cricket News

Ireland will not be appearing at the 2015 World Cup after the International Cricket Council confirmed its decision to reduce the number of teams from 14 to 10.
Source: BBC Sport | Cricket | UK Edition

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Apr, 2011 - 9:50pm / Post ID: #

Cricket General Discussion - Page 7

Aussie Watson hits record sixes
Cricket News

Shane Watson smashes a world-record 15 sixes on his way to recording the highest individual one-day innings by an Australian as Bangladesh are crushed by nine wickets.

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2011 - 9:50pm / Post ID: #

Cricket General Discussion Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 7

Broad supports Strauss captaincy
Cricket News

Stuart Broad outlines his future ambitions to captain England but backs incumbent Andrew Strauss to continue to lead the one-day team.

> TOPIC: Cricket - General Discussion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,