Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post - Page 93 of 112

Messed up the weight modification roll. Don't - Page 93 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 13th Sep, 2017 - 1:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

04th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 112 pgs.  89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97  ...Latest (112) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons - Only Mature Minded Players who intend on being regular participants should Post here.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 11th Sep, 2017 - 2:21pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post - Page 93

Perhaps I should just speed this along? This has gotten a little frustrating.

Up to you Kn if you accept these rolls on his behalf, but if not it should at least show what he needs to do.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Sep, 2017 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

If he wishes to accept these rolls I have no issues with it. I will let him decide if he wishes to accept them.

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2017 - 4:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Welp, Anron, if you do take it, that would leave you with a spread of 17,17,16,15,8,8. That's a little above average overall. You might do better if you roll for yourself, you might not.

With that many good stats, I would be inclined to suggest something that can make good use of them.

You seem to want a dexterous fighter type of some description. Rogue, Ranger, or Fighter could go that route. Kn is allowing material from any official source, which opens up a lot of additional options.

Such as the Swordsage, a stealthy weaponmaster with a lot of tricks up their sleeve, or the psychic rogue, a class that adds things like telekinesis to the rogue's usual repertoire.

What kind of things do you have in mind?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 11th Sep, 2017 - 5:03pm

12th Sep, 2017 - 1:46pm / Post ID: #
Rivoril
Rogue 2nd Beguiler 1st
Character
Novice / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 93 Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

The Resiliant says...

Yes, thank you Daishain that spread of base statistics is fine.
17, 17, 16, 15, 8, 8
I would prefer the two lowest scores to be given to Charisma, and Wisdom. As I have done more work so far on the half-Elf character, its probably better to utilize that character.
So to make it fit a more "Rogue-like" character, the Elven side would be more Drow-like in appearance.

This means a darker tanned skin, more silvery hair. Which would fit in with the below average charisma. Hence I would prefer to go around wearing a hood?
With the "Elven" half being more Drow-like then the natural propensity for the character will be in the Arcane arts.
I will leave specific skills of a "Magical" nature to the discretion of the GM ultimately.
But at a guess, Night-vision, Levitation, Clairvoyance, immune to sleep spells might be in its repertoire, or a goal?

So to that extent I see him, not charismatic wielding a long-sword, and brandishing plate-mail.
Most likely, robe, cape and leather armor or similar.
Maybe a hand-held crossbow? Or dagger or two?

But to answer the original question, I do accept the scores.

One more thing…
However if Kntoran agrees, the character sheet might need editing (With his help?) in name from Fighter to Rogue? Under the player name Anronrosby. If allowed to go down this path. Also the alignment edited to more like chaotic neutral at best? The character history darkened a bit more? Also devoting more time to Alchemy and arcane arts instead of "Swordsmanship".

Reconcile Edited: anronrosby on 12th Sep, 2017 - 2:02pm

Post Date: 12th Sep, 2017 - 2:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

There is no half drow racial entry I am afraid, and the actual Drow have a +2 Level adjustment, meaning you can't start a level 1 character with them. (Even if you wanted to, LA really hurts to mess with)

I would say you are free to use a half elf Source 3s, and describe them with some drow physical attributes, but that latter would be purely cosmetic. Anything more than a cosmetic change would be up to Kntoran, and I would not expect him to make such widespread deviations from RAW (Nor would I encourage him to do so to be frank).

P.S. You can freely make edits yourself now, just click on your character sheet then update character.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 12th Sep, 2017 - 2:55pm

Post Date: 12th Sep, 2017 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Ok you accepted the rolls for the basic stats. Now I need to you roll a d8 for height modification as you are taller than average and also roll 3d8 for your weight as you are underweight. Rolling a 12 for hair color gives you your choice. Rolling a 11 for Eye color gives you hazel eyes. You will have 130 gold to buy your equipment and stuff.

As far as half elven characters. You can be half drow but you will only have the same starting stats as any other half elf. You will not get any drow bonuses at all. What the book says for half elf is what you get. You do start at 1st level with max hit points possible. Please make the edits to your character sheet.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Sep, 2017 - 11:59am / Post ID: #
Rivoril
Rogue 2nd Beguiler 1st
Character
Novice / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters Play Post - Page 93

The Resiliant says...

Therefore just to confirm for Anron's character stats:I can choose hair color myself. So hair color = silvery blonde. For eyes a 11 is rolled so Eye color = hazel. I will roll both the height and weight modification as indicated on following dice roll.

Also just to confirm, I should be able after all rolls are completed transfer results to existing character sheet under "Anronsby." Which means remove any existing data, there (As necessary), and manually add the new data? (Unless the GM has done it already?)
I'm happy to have the standard statistics for a level 1, Half-Elf. The reason I thought "Drow" was purely because of the below average charisma anyhow.

P.S Let me know if the rolls were done correctly.

Rivoril Results:
  • Height modification on D8 (+0): 1 (1 roll)
  • Weight modification. on D8 (+0): 6 (1 roll, as D3-8)

Post Date: 13th Sep, 2017 - 1:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters Play Post D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 93

Messed up the weight modification roll. Don't worry about it, common mistake. That first pulldown menu on the dice roller sets the minimum number you can roll. If for instance you have some feature that means you get to reroll any 1's, you could shift that setting to 2 instead.

The setting you need to roll multiple dice is the last one on the row.

To edit your stuff, stats included, click on the character sheet button on the right side of any of your posts in game related threads, then click update character on the top of the page that takes you to.

Is it simply a straight rogue you wanted to work with, or were there any other skills you imagine this guy having? Need to work within the constraints of existing classes, but there are boatloads of options there.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 13th Sep, 2017 - 1:17pm

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.