Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post - Page 94 of 112

Daishain, I'm pretty sure a rogue - Page 94 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 15th Sep, 2017 - 11:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 112 pgs.  90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98  ...Latest (112) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons - Only Mature Minded Players who intend on being regular participants should Post here.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 13th Sep, 2017 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post - Page 94

Try the dice rolls again pay attention to the top of each column. The start # is where the numbers start at thus on a d6 you can start it as a 3-6 or a 4-6 by selecting a high number. The next which is type is self explanatory as a d6 D8 or D10 and so on. The bonus sis where you add a + or - depending on your stats and finally the amt or amount is where you can chose to roll up to 6 of the same dice. Try your rolls again.

Sponsored Links:
14th Sep, 2017 - 11:27am / Post ID: #
Rivoril
Rogue 2nd Beguiler 1st
Character
Novice / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

The Resiliant says...

Ok I will try again with the dice roll for (A) Height and (B) Weight.

Rivoril Results:
  • Height roll on D8 (+0): 5 (1 roll, as D2-8)
  • Weight roll on D8 (+0): 2, 3, 2 (3 rolls, as D2-8)

Post Date: 14th Sep, 2017 - 9:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I will not accept any rolls that are made with modified dice. Has to be a regular d8 not one that states it has been modified like a 2-8 d8. Try again without modified dice.

14th Sep, 2017 - 9:44pm / Post ID: #
Rivoril
Rogue 2nd Beguiler 1st
Character
Novice / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Page 94 Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

The Resiliant says...

I will try with rolling the height and weight again, this time where it says start drop down to 1, amount for height 1 and amount for weight 3.

Can you now please direct me now as to what else to "Roll" for misc. Skills if applicable?

Where exactly (What page), to purchase the weapons, and equipment?
What restrictions on equipment/weapons does my character have?

Does my character require a Deity, Familiar? Then how does one "Roll" or get one??

Can my character have or know a spell? Or any natural inherent magic talent of any kind??

How does my character train in say magic? Alchemy? Knife/mini- crossbow use? If applicable?

I just in edited the character sheet now to reflect the Rogue build minus all the skills, equipment etc, but with Ive "Rolled" base statistics (Only) as required. This should now be up to date.

Rivoril Results:
  • Height roll on D8 (+0): 5 (1 roll)
  • Weight roll on D8 (+0): 2, 8, 2 (3 rolls)

Post Date: 14th Sep, 2017 - 10:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

Most of this references the Rogue page here: Source 9k

international QUOTE
Can you now please direct me now as to what else to "Roll" for misc. Skills if applicable?

You don't roll skills. A basic rogue starts with (6+Intelligencemod)x4 in points to distribute among the available skills as he chooses (Note: this is really good, most classes get 4+int or 2+int). At level 1, you can invest up to 4 points in your class skills. For each level beyond level 1, you get 6+Int additional skill points to invest, and the max rank for class skills goes up by 1.

Any skill not listed among the rogue's class skills can still be invested in, but ranks cost twice as much, and you can only buy only 2 ranks at level 1.

Move Silently and Hide are your stealth skills, if you want to open locks, you will need (Go figure) open lock, Use magic Device lets you use things like wands even if you don't have the training to use them normally, Tumble lets you move around the battlefield without taking damage, etc. There are lots of others. I should note that the Craft, Knowledge, and Profession skills branch out. Craft: Alchemy, and Craft Weapons for instance are different skills and must be bought separately.

international QUOTE
Where exactly (What page), to purchase the weapons, and equipment?

Basic equipment can be found here: Source 5v Don't bother looking at magic items, you won't be able to afford anything worthwhile on the starting budget. Don't worry, that will change soon enough if you survive level 1.

international QUOTE
What restrictions on equipment/weapons does my character have?

Check the Rogue Page, and scroll down to the section on Weapon and Armor Proficiency.

international QUOTE
Does my character require a Deity, Familiar? Then how does one "Roll" or get one??

You are free to pick a deity that suits your character. Mask for instance is often favored by thieves: Source 4w

As for a Familiar, you normally need to be a class that has a familiar as a class feature (Sorcerer or Wizard being the prime examples) There are a few other ways, but I don't think any of them are available at level 1.

international QUOTE
Can my character have or know a spell? Or any natural inherent magic talent of any kind??

Rogues don't get spells by default, and neither do half elves. You can get a few very weak magical talents via feats, but I would highly suggest either obtaining magical items that can cast spells on your behalf instead, or picking a class that gets spells as part of its chassis. Would you like to know more about the latter options?

international QUOTE
How does my character train in say magic? Alchemy? Knife/mini- crossbow use? If applicable?

You can train in alchemy by putting skill points into Craft: Alchemy, its that simple. You get training with daggers and light crossbows by default. As to magic, when you level up, you could always just multiclass into a class that has spellcasting.

I suggest looking over the rogue page, get a good sense of what it gives you at level 1, then let us know of anything you don't understand.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 14th Sep, 2017 - 10:26pm

Post Date: 15th Sep, 2017 - 1:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Your height is 5' 7 "tall, your weight is 98 pounds. Make sure to place that in your characters description. As far as skills the book will list the skills that you may wish to look at. Skills are listed in the book wich can be downloaded for free the Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 players handbook. You are restricted to weapons and armor based on the class of your choice. Just make sure you have the minimum ability scores needed to be the class you chose. This also goes for multi-classing. I do not limit your class you choose as long as you meet all the requirements.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Sep, 2017 - 9:56am / Post ID: #
Rivoril
Rogue 2nd Beguiler 1st
Character
Novice / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters Play Post - Page 94

The Resiliant says...

[I've] bought weapons and equipment from a Total of 130 gp.
I figure that there will be less than 50 gp left in change. Because I couldn't find the conversion rate for copper piece and silver piece. Some of the items purchased amounted to a single silver or copper piece ie bedroll 1 sp, Winter blanket 5 sp.

[I've] added all of it to the character sheet for your perusal.

The total weight for the weapons and equipment adds up to 20.6 kg. But this character has an inherent strength of 17 which should help (Encumbrance rules?)
[I've] limited the weapons to one ranged, Short bow, with quiver of 20 arrows, one short ranged large dagger.
With the armor being leather consistent with a Rogue type.

Now, could you calculate the inherent armor class minus the leather?

The inherent Hit points for a Half-Elf/Rogue? Is it the Constitution: 15?

What other dice rolls are there??

Oh and one more thing [I've] picked out 4 inherent skills (Due to Intelligence & Half Elf) pertaining to Rogue listed on character sheet also. Can you check how 1 allocated point equates to a die roll?

Post Date: 15th Sep, 2017 - 11:05am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters Play Post D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 94

Daishain,

I'm pretty sure a rogue gets 8 + INT modifier x4 skills at 1st level. And then 8 + INT modifier at each level thereafter. They are at the for skills.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.