Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 524 of 590

Out of Character: Metagaming! Though - Page 524 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 20th Mar, 2017 - 4:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 590 pgs.  520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 19th Mar, 2017 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 524

Out of Character: No plan I am aware of. It is an open world, we could go anywhere. I would suggest we hit up the rumor mill in town, see if anything of interest has cropped up, Bastion is not the best in the group for info gathering though.

Before either of us joined the game, the group apparently encountered some manner of hostile occupied fort nearby they had to pass up on raiding. With the equipment and levels gained since, that might now be a doable challenge. Or it might not, I'm not sure what kind of defenses it has.

If that doesn't seem appealing, and we get no other good leads around here, we could always just pack up and head to another town/city. Probably look for another place like this one. A town with problems just a little too big for the local guard to handle. We don't need to be tackling world threatening events just yet tongue.gif Or we could head for a major city and ask around for any outstanding bounties, see if there is anything lucrative in our range.

We do need to remain careful in what we try to take on, do our research ahead of time. There's no level adjustment, and Kn is perfectly content to let us all wander into the lair of a demilich if we're all so foolish as to do so.

Sponsored Links:
19th Mar, 2017 - 10:57pm / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Born Free says...

Out of Character: There is a city, as I understand it, that can be checked but there is also the north which has giants and a castle with some people that we killed when they tried to ambush us. Choose your fancy, I'm good wither way.

Post Date: 19th Mar, 2017 - 11:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Character: Ooh, giants might be a little much as of yet, even the weak varieties would be a challenge to face just one at a time let alone grouped up.

Might I suggest that Krusten and Ildrahil check on rumors in town, concerning jobs and problems that might become jobs? If that produces nothing new, then I suggest we see about relocating to the city or another town. We've probably earned a fair bit of reputation around here, we can work with that.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 19th Mar, 2017 - 11:45pm

19th Mar, 2017 - 11:50pm / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival

Page 524 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Born Free says...

Out of Character: No problem, but since I already posted about figuring out how much money we got from the last trip to the cave I'll need to wait til someone posts there or the 4 hours.

Post Date: 20th Mar, 2017 - 12:16am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Out of Character: , he'll probably ask for a Gather Information check soon enough, might want to go ahead and roll for it. I'd be helping, but I have a pretty hefty penatly to such.

20th Mar, 2017 - 12:08pm / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

The Wild Whisper says...

Out of Character: So it seems there are 4 wands of CLW available. I say we just go ahead and buy them all. I actually already had Albrecht buying 2 wands of CLW in my estimate of him having 2400 left, so Albrecht could buy all 4 if anyone has anything else they want to buy. Druids are notoriously lacking in needs for equipment. Especially next level when we get wild shape and most stuff becomes useless. So that leaves 900 GP for Albrecht if he buys all 4 himself and distributes them among the group. Does anyone else have a need for 900 more GP to buy something useful?

Also, about the fort and stuff to the north: We went north, encountered a few people who attacked us. We then followed a side trail back to their fort, which is well fortified via its position in the side of the mountain and we didn't see a good way to attack. We backtracked to the main road and continued north, until we came across a field of boulders with a dead caravan, and giant footsteps. We went a little further north, then chickened out and got attacked by spiders on our way back south to the Gralen (Our town). Avan seems keen on trying to attack the fort again, because with the potion of gaseous form, we now have a way to get at least one person inside the fort and maybe we can make another go at attacking it. I suggest we see what information can be gathered (It seems the Dungeon Master is just going to give us is the hill giants in the north and the trade route to the east.) The hill giants are CR 7 each, so a group of 2 hill giants would bump it to CR 9 and 4 would bump it to CR 11. I would suggest we not mess with them too much,as that is pretty overwhelming for us now. We could still investigate the fort again, as those are at least humans (Or humanoids, as we were raided by half-orcs and humans on our way towards the fort). There may be a ton of them at the fort, but we can hopefully chunk them up into manageable bits.

Reconcile Edited: Alchyrogue on 20th Mar, 2017 - 12:21pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Mar, 2017 - 1:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 524

Out of Character: Okay then, the fort sounds like it might be doable. The potion is not the only advantage at hand. The Rod of Lordly Might has a 50' anchored ladder function, and the Wand of Fireballs can nuke any large groups into more reasonable chunks.

Shall we go check it out?

As to funds, I'm good. The next item of significance Bastion is gunning for costs 16,000 (Belt of Giant Strength), so he's in saving it up mode. Partly for that reason, when it comes to the CLW wands, he's willing to front as much as a grand for that purpose, but will be a little leery of sinking more into it.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 20th Mar, 2017 - 1:50pm

20th Mar, 2017 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 524

Dark Druid says...

Out of Character: Metagaming! Though in character we would probably want to avoid the giants.

I haven't added any gold to my sheet yet. So the total is 4,000 credit and 6,972 gold? -150 for the share in the wand. Or are we getting 4, or should I buy my own?

Avan has made a personal vendetta against those in the fort. A party member died (When their player left) and he doesn't like to retreat. There is provision for 3 to enter by Gaseous Form or Fly and the rod's ladder function should be more than enough to bypass the pit and scale the wall that surrounds the fort. Note well that the fort has at least 1 ballista for defence. Therefore I think we should go at night - hence my question in the topic.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 20th Mar, 2017 - 4:41pm

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.