Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 527 of 590

Out of Character: Basic working plan is an - Page 527 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 21st Mar, 2017 - 6:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 590 pgs.  523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 21st Mar, 2017 - 12:59pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 527

Out of Character: That is what I have always thought should be the case, but…

From the UMD skill page:

"Use a Wand
Normally, to use a wand, you must have the wand’s spell on your class spell list. This use of the skill allows you to use a wand as if you had a particular spell on your class spell list. This use of the skill also applies to other spell trigger magic items, such as staffs."
The DC to use that aspect of the skill is listed as 20.

Unless Kntoran has ruled differently in the past?

And sure, take the 202 from Bastion, I guess everyone will just owe him money tongue.gif I should start charging interest.

Sponsored Links:
21st Mar, 2017 - 1:13pm / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Dark Druid says...

Out of Character: Right you are, Spell trigger only. Command Words might be an AD&D rule, or a misconception when I was first learning the game. That explains a lot, including the standard wand use in Pathfinder Society.

So the Wand of Fireballs then…

Who else is buying a Darkvision potion - for this to work, you should all get one!

21st Mar, 2017 - 1:42pm / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Wild Whisper says...

Out of Character: Well Albrecht does have 900 GPs left. I would have lent you the money, but I forgot to post that in the course of laying out what I had found about the fort.

I don't mind fronting the money to buy the darkvision potions, but I think it would be fair to ensure that Bastion and Albrecht get paid back for their investments first out of any loot. I am not really counting the Wands of CLW too much because only Avan and Albrecht can use them easily, but potions of darkvision are essential to this and Bastion has lent his money to people for them to buy personal equipment, not party gear. I think it only fair.

Now Albrecht has no problem with waiting to attack, but bringing 4 horses and a bunch of attack animals would be difficult to manage as the attack animals would want to eat the horses (They are unintelligent, but Albrecht has a Handle Animal of +4, so can easily take 10 to get them to what he wants I guess).

I just realized something as well. If we don't mind being a little less stealthy, one of the summons for SNA II is a Hippogriff, so we have good aerial support to attack the fort from the sky (They have darkvision).

Reconcile Edited: Alchyrogue on 21st Mar, 2017 - 1:43pm

Post Date: 21st Mar, 2017 - 2:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 527 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Out of Character: Okay, buying a DV potion for myself, and I guess I'll cover Ildrahil for that as well, since he doesn't have the funds and Albrecht doesn't have quite as much cushion. Albrecht, Krusten, you getting one?

Also, I have asked about it in the questions thread, but if we cannot find a way to reliably use that wand of fireballs, I am considerably less confidant we can take the fort. We needed it to avoid being overwhelmed if they attack en masse.

It might be possible to snap up a low level wizard/sorcerer in town for the mission, letting us freely use the wand so long as we can keep the glass cannon alive. But doing so would probably require giving a share of any loot found to an NPC. Not the worst thing in the world, but a not insignificant cost.

Post Date: 21st Mar, 2017 - 2:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Out of Character: Ildrahil would buy a potion but he only has 68 gold left after his purchases.

In Character: Ildrahil thinks about the plan and all the moving pieces that have to align. "I am not one to naysay our plan, and methinks this plan is doable, but barely so. Much must go right without a thing going wrong for this to work. My uncle always told me to plan for the best but expect the worst. I am young and ye all know more so I have said me piece and I will abide by the decision of ye all."

Post Date: 21st Mar, 2017 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

"Indeed, there are many risks, more than I am comfortable with. It is an interesting challenge, but it may be best to leave the place be. Time and providence may provide an answer if we choose to try this again."

"But I am willing, if we choose to make this our target, I merely ask that we be certain this is our path."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st Mar, 2017 - 5:56pm / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 527

Born Free says...

Out of Character: So what did you boys decide to do or do you need time to think more? *laugh* I will [be] following along with whatever you decide unless its totally crazy.

Post Date: 21st Mar, 2017 - 6:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 527

Out of Character: Basic working plan is an aerial assault on the gatehouse, with reinforcements either climbing in via the rod, or riding in over the opened drawbridge. Probably the latter.

We have hit a snag in that we realized none of us could reliably use that Wand of Fireball, a lack which takes my estimation of our odds from 'probable' to 'fairly unlikely', as without it, we don't have a good means of dealing with their numbers advantage in addition to them so to speak holding the high ground.

In the questions thread, I am currently negotiating hiring on a level five NPC mage for this job which would solve that issue in addition to providing other kinds of support (Yay level 3 arcane spells!). However, it appears doing so would require giving him an equal share of any profits in addition to an upfront fee.

Would you/Krusten be willing to abide by that?

If we don't get this guy to agree, I would be advocating we move on to the next city and more probable prospects.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.