Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 530 of 590

Out of Character: I have to admit I like Krusten's - Page 530 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 29th Mar, 2017 - 12:41am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 590 pgs.  526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 26th Mar, 2017 - 4:02pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 530

In response to Albrecht's query, Bastion shrugs, "A few spells in the morning will suffice for his needs and should cost us nothing. I doubt we will regret the lack of those spells tomorrow. If he can wait, that would seem to be more practical."

In response to Ildrahil's comments, "I am rather wary of tangling with such creatures. One might be possible if we act to overwhelm it before it turns the tide. Three however I suspect would grind us to dust."

Out of Character: Incidentally, Bastion is not unsympathetic to the man's plight, he just doesn't see the value in putting nonrenewable resources towards his recovery if the man is stable enough to just wait a little longer. He is not going to object either way though.

3 giants are just gonna be too much right about now I think. Given a few more levels, maybe consider it then in the unlikely event we're still in the area.

As to the ballista, I agree it should be on the list of priority targets. However, not only would taking a blade to the ropes be just as effective, with that route the ballista itself could be recovered for use/sale after we're done. I'd save the Warp Wood for opening/sealing a door, or swapping it out for something else. Just my two cents.

Got to love Deanna sidestepping the queries. I'd hate to keep pushing, but that lack of a decent assessment is making me a bit nervous. Think it is worth prying into further?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 26th Mar, 2017 - 4:08pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Mar, 2017 - 4:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Out of Character: Being young, inexperienced, and the fly by the seat of his pants kind of guy that he is Ildrahul would just say let's go get it. Being an old Army guy, I'm a bit nervous.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 27th Mar, 2017 - 12:51pm

Post Date: 26th Mar, 2017 - 11:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Character: Sorry, I put that last post in the wrong thread.

In Character: In the privacy of the group,Ildrahil says, "I think our choice is spell casters will work out well."

27th Mar, 2017 - 10:35am / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 530 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The Wild Whisper says...

Albrecht agrees with Bastion's assessment, he is just worried about losing one of his few spells for the day. Thinking on it, the next day shouldn't be anything too bad, he could probably afford to lose a spell. As they sit around the camp fire Albrecht responds to Ildrahil's comments and says "We are not quite up to multiple giants. Though as we come together to form a cohesive fighting force, we might could overcome them. Let us focus on the task at hand, then consider the giants after that. They will likely stay in the mountains for a while longer."

Albrecht then finishes his camp duties and takes whichever watch the others don't want. In the morning, Albrecht goes into the woods at the first hour of dawn and changes his spell list to include Cure Light Wounds so that he can get the man back on his feet.

Albrecht Results:
  • Albrecht Spot on D20 (+9): 20 (1 roll)
  • Albrecht Listen on D20 (+10): 15 (1 roll)
  • Krama Spot and Listen on D20 (+4): 10, 11, 14, 13 (4 rolls)
  • Cure Light Wounds on D8 (+4): 9 (1 rolls)

27th Mar, 2017 - 12:46pm / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Dark Druid says...

Out of Character: Alchyrogue, this is the party topic, you may have to reroll all those in the leader topic. I think we're still a couple days away from the fort via the dirt path, so one spell shouldn't change much. However, as we're the dedicated healers and can't spontaneously cure, I think I'll start preparing cure spells as renewable resources.

The caravan must have known the risks and judged poorly, so we can blame them for their plight. I agree that even one giant may be considered a bit much for us now. The fort would serve as a good forward base and we can go straight to the mountains after this (And a level).

27th Mar, 2017 - 1:25pm / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

The Wild Whisper says...

Out of Character: Darn, I got confused between the two threads. Thanks for the heads up, ICon. I'll just reroll in the other thread as none of those rolls are stellar.

And I agree with you, by the way. We are better off getting the fort, then attacking the giants.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Mar, 2017 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 530

Out of Character: regarding Krusten's comments in leader thread.

In Character: Bastion responds, "Not sure what you wanted with him, I think he would have been a liability at best. But that is none of my affair."

"Given the potential consequences of any mistakes, I would certainly invite you to point out any flaws in our reasoning concerning the fort. Preferably before we attempt the assault."

Post Date: 29th Mar, 2017 - 12:41am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 530

Out of Character: I have to admit I like Krusten's consistency. Death, taxes, nightfall, daybreak, and Krusten's attitude are the only things to count on!

In Character: Ildrahil listens to the exchange between Bastion and Krusten. Understanding sometimes it's better to be quiet than to volunteer unwanted information he simply listens. He drops his head and smiles though. The two of them are the most unlikely of comrades, so different. No wonder they don't understand each other.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.