Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 531 of 590

In Character: "We have no way of knowing - Page 531 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 2nd Apr, 2017 - 4:45am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 590 pgs.  527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
29th Mar, 2017 - 4:48am / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 531

Dark Druid says...

Out of Character: As a Druid I don't count on death (C'mon level 15!)

If we start running low on rations, us Druids can always prepare Goodberry to feed the team.

In Character: "Krusten, if we hadn't been there and had spells to aid him, I wouldn't have objected. I simply gave the man a choice - quite an obvious one."

Sponsored Links:
29th Mar, 2017 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Born Free says...

In Character: Krusten does not take on Avan much but switches the subject to a past thought she just remembered, "After the last battle we had with the big half orc didn't we take the necks and hang them up as a warning? We should look for that, maybe they are still there."

Post Date: 29th Mar, 2017 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Ildrahil looks at Krusten quite perplexed. "What is this of which you speak" he asks her. "Would this be something to put us at an advantage? Any advantage would be a boon."

30th Mar, 2017 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Page 531 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Dark Druid says...

In Character: "I believe we did, though my memory of it is hazy," Avan replies. "Perhaps it was at the site of our last battle before the fort. It shouldn't be too far from here, but I really do not wish to see it again."

Out of Character: Now that a couple days passed and we're on the last hill, there's no need (Unless you want to pray where our party member/s died). If we're hiding the wagon tonight, Avan offers a Pass Without Trace spell to hide the party's tracks. Though having seen nobody on the way here, this forest seems deserted and safe.

It could even be safe enough to leave the driver alone here with the wagon and horses while we're off to raid the fort. Perhaps entice him with a loyalty payment for when we return, just so he doesn't run off.

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2017 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Out of Character: Not particularly concerned about the driver running off. We have two days before we go and do that, and it is entirely possible someone from the fort will use the road from either direction in the meantime.

That could be to our benefit, if we can catch some of them outside the fort, it will weaken the garrison and make the job easier.

But if they spot the wagon and one way or another get word back to the fort that we're out here, they'll be on alert, making the job harder.

EDIT: Right, while I doubt the druids would be thrilled about killing a bird just in case, if that is a familiar, it would be in our best interest to bring it down now. We've been spotted already, if it lives, if tells the master about us. If it dies, the master just gets an empathic burst of fear&pain, is weakened by the loss, and would probably be inclined to come out here to investigate the incident.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 30th Mar, 2017 - 5:35pm

1st Apr, 2017 - 10:26pm / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival

Born Free says...

Krusten looks back at Ildrahil with a raised brow and asks, "What are you inferring little man?" She then carries on leaving him possibly even more confused than before.

Out of Character: Abnninja, you're new, but you will get to understand my character soon or not. *laugh* She can come across quite bitchy but she means well.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Apr, 2017 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 531

Out of Character: Hoping to move things along a bit, can't believe we got stalled by a bird. Going to feel rather foolish if it is just an ordinary hawk.

EDIT: Well, that is unfortunate, might I suggest that our druids summon some flying critters to bring that thing down? Anyone have any other suggestions? If that familiar is allowed to spy on us the whole time, we might as well just hang ourselves and save them the trouble, it is compromising the most important advantage we have.

EDIT2:

In Character: Bastion retrieves his rod from his glove, and strips the magic piece of leatherwork off of his hand. "Krusten, I think you have a chance to bring that familiar down. Especially if you borrow this. Wearing it and speaking the command phrase will temporarily grant you enough insight to strike at incredibly difficult targets. It will only work once today, so you must make it count."

Out of Character: Along with free action storage/retrieval of a single item, the glove in question allows for a 1/day casting of True Strike. True Strike grants +20 to the next attack for the caster, and Kn just said that we are able to shoot at that familiar, albeit at a -18 penalty for the range. All told, I think Krusten's monster of a bow would only miss on a critical fail under those circumstances. Just need to be sure it is a kill shot.

I'll go ahead and shoot along with her, as should Ildrahil. We'd never normally hit, but someone might get a natural 20.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 2nd Apr, 2017 - 1:35am

2nd Apr, 2017 - 4:45am / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 531

Dark Druid says...

In Character: "We have no way of knowing whether it's the familiar of a friendly mage or enemy. But if this is what we are going to do, so be it."

Seeing Bastion explain and share his glove, Avan removes his bracers. "These bracers allow me to shoot a bow as though I grew up doing it. For someone trained like yourself, they may aid your shot."

Out of Character: Oh wow, that's a useful pair of gloves. My Bracers of Archery give you a +1 to hit, no extra damage, since you're proficient with bows. Krusten you can post on my behalf, saying you're borrowing them.

Do you still want us to summon flying animals?

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.