Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 532 of 590

Out of Character: Good call, I was looking - Page 532 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 3rd Apr, 2017 - 12:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 590 pgs.  528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2017 - 5:04am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 532

"True, but the odds of a spellcaster in this area not being somehow connected to those at the fort appear very slim."

Out of Character: I rather like it myself. The downside to True strike, in this form or as a spell, is that it eats one's standard action, and only lasts for one round. It isn't very often that giving up a turn to ensure a single attack lands later on is worthwhile, but hoo boy is it nice to have on hand for that case.

As to the summons, I am uncertain, I think it might be worth waiting to see the response, but having a backup in the works has its merits.

Your thoughts?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 2nd Apr, 2017 - 5:05am

Sponsored Links:
2nd Apr, 2017 - 5:58am / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Dark Druid says...

Out of Character: Since they take so long to cast, I think we should start summoning as Krusten makes the shot. The best option to summon would be a small Air Elementals, due to their 100' fly speed and perfect manoeuvrability allowing them to rise and chase. Hippogriffs can hit harder, or eagles are a bit slower, but we can summon multiple.

We run into an issue with distance. If KNtoran allows the Run action while, not just flying, but climbing it takes two rounds for an elemental to be within charge range. Then it has two rounds to make attacks before disappearing.

Is there no penalty in 3.5 for taking damage while flying? Pathfinder has it under the skill description, but no such thing here it seems.

Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2017 - 12:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Character: Sounds good

So far as I know, there aren't rules concerning taking damage in flight.

That said, you could have a few of the elementals making trip attempts. They're bad at making the things, but the familiar will be bad at defending against them. If the familiar falls to one of those, it is going to fall 150 feet minimum, potentially all the way to the ground if it can't manage to hit a DC 20 Reflex save.

Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2017 - 12:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 532 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Ildrahil looks at Krusten as she walks away, quite surprised by her response. He shrugs and listens to the plan. He looks at the bird high in the sky and realizes he has little chance to hit such a bird, but he readied his bow nonetheless.

Out of Character: I'll wait to actually attack when everyone else does. Can I put -14 in the dice tool? -14 is the roll after I add my positive modifiers. Will it accept a negative modifier?

3rd Apr, 2017 - 2:45am / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Born Free says...

Out of Character: Made the shot let's see if it goes well. I don't have doubts about hitting but the damage sometimes can be a bit unreliable because of the wide margin.

3rd Apr, 2017 - 11:54am / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

The Wild Whisper says...

Out of Character: If we summon small air elementals, we can get 1d4+1 each all ganging up on it. If we want a medium air elemental we can each summon 1. They both have a fly speed of 100 ft. Being from the plane of air, I assume they can 'run' at their fly speed and cover 400 feet per round, thus taking 3 rounds just to get up to it. It only lasts for 4 rounds, so they won't get many attacks, but I have to imagine with between 4 and 10 small air elementals attacking, we could bring the bird down. It is a 1 round casting time, so the bird could run away. Assuming it is anything like the Eagle entry, it has a fly speed of 80 ft. With a head start of ~900 feet, I think it could run away before we could reach it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Apr, 2017 - 11:57am / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 532

Dark Druid says...

Out of Character: I would check the spell description again, Alchyrogue. We're not level 7 yet.

Even if it tries to run, still worth a shot. The raven and owl (Standard familiars) fly at 40 feet, and the hawk at 60 feet.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 3rd Apr, 2017 - 11:59am

3rd Apr, 2017 - 12:09pm / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 532

The Wild Whisper says...

Out of Character: Good call, I was looking at an SRD which said Druid 4 for the spell, and didn't take into account the difference between spell levels and character levels. So we can each summon one small air elemental. I will make a post summoning an air elemental as well in a few minutes.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.