Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 556 of 590

Krusten is amazed with the huge figures in - Page 556 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 20th Jun, 2017 - 11:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 590 pgs.  552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 19th Jun, 2017 - 11:24pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 556

Out of Character: Oh by all means, I think they should be worn by whomever is deemed more likely than others to need it in the immediate future, not just gather dust in a chest somewhere. By default, that probably would be the druids, as they might want the option to just take off in bird form without fumbling around for the rings.

I just didn't think they ought to be considered one person's personal property in the event Ildrahil needs to scale a wall, or you guys have Bastion carry people while flying again, or whatever else happens that can change who is liable to fall.

Sponsored Links:
20th Jun, 2017 - 11:15am / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The Wild Whisper says...

Out of Character: I am back now. I have read through this, the Dungeon Master thread, and the Questions thread. I haven't quite gotten through all the party leader thread. So far the split seems equitable. I agree with the rings being floating property and being passed to whoever needs them most. I will try to read through the Leader thread and post my actions in there. Sorry again!

Rather off topic, but...
Sorry for my MIA. I had emergency travel for work and was stuck in a remote site for the better part of last week.

20th Jun, 2017 - 1:25pm / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Born Free says...

Out of Character: Battle is over, we are now thinking about selling the fort to the town for gold. Not a bad idea.

Post Date: 20th Jun, 2017 - 9:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 556 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Out of Character: "We shall sell you the stronghold for… " Bastion puts a pinkie up to his mouth, "One MILLION gold"

I definitely say go for it, that's a heck of a lot of moolah, and we are not in a good position to hold onto that place right now. At this rate of monetary gain, it won't take us long to correct the problems keeping us from holding a stronghold, so perhaps next time.

Let's take the deal, take the gold, and mosey on over to the next town in trouble. Even with the gear we can get from the funds a mid sized group of giants is likely to remain enough of a problem that we should be wary. Weren't the local militia/soldiers having troubles to the south of town though? We could look into that a bit first.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 20th Jun, 2017 - 9:22pm

20th Jun, 2017 - 10:46pm / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Dark Druid says...

Out of Character: I can't remember the other problems, I think there was a dragon or drake? Lizardmen?

Avan becomes quite suspicious at the windfall of wealth suddenly available from the town. Couldn't it be better spent on the people than on the military? All living things just want to survive, he reasons to himself, this is just the method the townspeople use. Far from natural, but effective.

He confers with the party, "Did we want to check if any towns to the north would pay us more? What about paying someone to investigate just why the Crown is willing to spend so much?"

Post Date: 20th Jun, 2017 - 11:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

"As an immediate guess, they wanted a fortified watch post in this area anyways, and this solution was much cheaper than building a new one. Edifices that well fortified can be exceptionally expensive."

"There is also the possibility that they're trying to entice a new group of apparently quite effective mercenaries into working for them by being generous. Letting a group like ours go rogue, or worse, start working for opposition groups is a bad mistake for a ruler to make. We may even wish to encourage that by requesting information on problems that the crown would pay for us to deal with."

"Regardless, if there is some manner of vile trickery behind this, playing for time while we investigate may invoke a more… abrupt solution on their part. The land would be theirs just as surely if they sent a few good knives in the dark rather than money."

Out of Character: It is the kingdom paying for this, not the local town. Unless we are right by a kingdom border, heading north would have us dealing with exactly the same potential buyers. I don't think they'd be amused.

Come to think of it though, we might want to ask Kn if we are right by a kingdom border. If that's the case, we might be pissing off someone with a lot of power by selling a foothold to an enemy.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 20th Jun, 2017 - 11:13pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Jun, 2017 - 11:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 556

Hmm, maybe that's Ildrahil got the results he got when rolling for his 4th gem. Maybe we pissed off a local lord. The neighboring king or duke.

20th Jun, 2017 - 11:59pm / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 556

Born Free says...

Krusten is amazed with the huge figures in the bartering but says nothing about it as she figure her opinion might only hinder the sale. Instead her aim is to get better arrows.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.