Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 558 of 590

Out of Character: Yay money. That's - Page 558 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 1st Jul, 2017 - 9:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 590 pgs.  554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
22nd Jun, 2017 - 6:54pm / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 558

The Wild Whisper says...

Out of Character: I think traveling to the capital sounds like a good idea. It will take a while in game time, but should pass relatively quickly for us. I would still suggest loading up on whatever stuff you think you might need between now and then, but we will have more resources available in the capital to buy.

What are your thoughts?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2017 - 6:58pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Out of Character: agreed. Let us head to the big town, waste every red copper we have there in interesting ways, and then go seeking more funds tongue.gif

Seriously though, it will get us away from the trouble we may have stirred up, and should provide plenty of opportunities both for equipping ourselves and in finding further employment.

It'l also give me time for a couple of feat retrains I have in mind.

Edit: speaking of which, there are a couple of directions I could take Bastion in. You guys' input would be appreciated, it does after all have an impact on how the group works together.

It is really really tempting to make him an ubercharger, repeatedly laying down lots of single target damage. But that would also make it more difficult for him to reliably stand between the enemy and the rest of you, since he'd be moving around a lot. Could also go the other way, make him a very 'sticky' tank, and keep them off of your guy's collective backs, but I'd have to give up on a lot of offensive potential to really double down on that. Finally, could go for more general improvements, and stick with the same kind of behavior in combat he has been working with.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 22nd Jun, 2017 - 8:05pm

24th Jun, 2017 - 9:48am / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Dark Druid says...

Out of Character: I'd suggest doing whatever you think will be the most fun, given the constraints of the Play-by-post format. A good offence is the best defence, but we also have offensive capabilities already. You're free to choose.

26th Jun, 2017 - 12:39pm / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Page 558 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The Wild Whisper says...

Out of Character: I second ICon's sentiments: go with whatever you feel is most fun. Because of the way Dungeons & Dragons is designed, we might run into one big bad that we all focus on to take down or we could run into a horde of enemies that only dangerous because of their numbers. It is very rare to run into a horde of big bads (At least as defined by your current level), and so we can handle most anything so long as we maintain a decent group size. We have two druids that are able to fit into several niches pretty well already, so go for whatever you think is fun. I won't speak for ICon, but I enjoy exploring different aspects of being a druid and sometimes filling one role in the part, while at other times filling a different role. I have been healer and front-liner so far for our party, and I don't mind trying something else out if it comes down to it. I don't think there is any need to force your character to constrain to some group mores that might not be fun for you.

Post Date: 26th Jun, 2017 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Out of Character: I'm not offering to constrict myself here, whatever I build will be something I find appealing and fun to play.

However, I find myself having the most fun when my character complements the group well. This is also an in character concern, as Bastion would seek to maximize his effectiveness in relation to those with him.

So yeah, given how you guys plan to play, what warrior oriented niche do you guys see as most needing a stable occupant? I can go down several routes, but it is rather more difficult for me to change up my role than the druids.

The basic pattern I went with for the fight at the fort worked well, sticking with that would be more than fine.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 26th Jun, 2017 - 2:04pm

26th Jun, 2017 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

The Wild Whisper says...

Out of Character: I think having someone who is fluidly going from bad guy to bad guy taking them down would be fun. We druids also tend to be one enemy focused though, so I am not sure if having you be more 'sticky' might not benefit us more. I feel like the 'sticky' tank build though would require you to be perfectly positioned to take advantage of it, and that rarely happens. The 'ubercharger' though could get into position and do his damage from wherever. I feel that is overall more useful for us. We have lost a fair bit of ranged ability. We have Ildrahil with his bow and Avan with his bow and that is it. Otherwise we have to all wade into position and fight. On the other hand having someone charge the front lines and start engaging melee right away would help give us time to get up there and do our damage too. I imagine that now Avan and I have wild shape we are going to be tanking more with that than staying back (All things being equal, obviously wild shape is a limited resource that we will have to be judicious with to make the best use of it). But that is all just my two cents, take it for what it is: free advice.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Jun, 2017 - 3:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 558

Out of Character: Right, I think I'll be going for the Charger then. I'll have to wait for 6th level before most of the really nifty stuff there becomes available (Leap Attack and Shock Trooper feats in particular are looked forward to), but that's not too long a wait.

It should be particularly effective if after the initial charge, we lock the main opponent down between summons and Ildrahil. Round 2, I attack then teleport 20' away, Round 3, charge in again, rinse and repeat.

Still debating on what weapon to focus on. The Rod of Lordly Might has been great, but its forms don't include a two handed weapon good for general use, meaning I'm losing out on quite a bit of damage potential.

Since we have plenty of cash on hand, I'm thinking of commissioning an oversized adamantine Falchion and matching scabbard of Keen edges, wielding it with strongarm bracers, and finding some way to reliably make use of the Enlarge Person spell. While enlarged, that would give me a base physical damage of 3d6+12 (Average 22.5 damage per attack), and a 3in10 chance of critting. That's without charging, and before I tack on Power attack, or item enhancements, or maneuvers, or anything else of that nature.

Post Date: 1st Jul, 2017 - 9:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 558

Out of Character: Yay money. That's 200,000 gp apiece, unless Krusten officially waived her claim on the fort before leaving, I'm not sure about that. If so, that would bump us up to 250k each. If not, we'll have to hold onto her share I guess. That's in addition to the loot distribution from before.

I'll post something about Bastion hauling off the chest and helping count out the coins into equal shares when I can, for now need to wait a few hours or until someone else posts.

In any case, I suggest we get out respective shopping sprees out of the way and hunt around for our next lead.

While we are at it though, are there any resources that would be good for the entire party to invest in? Things like those CLW wands we picked up last time.

Off the top of my head, things I think could be worthwhile as party resources we all chip in for:
-Banner of the Storm's eye: 7,500, carried or mounted as backpack, suppresses fear, confusion, and stunning effects for all within 20', could save our collective arses against things that spam such effects (There are a couple of other good AOE buff banners out there to consider)
-Lyre of Building: 13,000, builds things REALLY FAST, more effective with a skilled strummer, but nigh invaluable even without.
-Daern's Instant Fortress: 55,000, a little expensive, but it sticks a fort wherever and whenever we might need it (Note, the lyre can prevent damage to said fort)
-Airship of some variety (Dunno what, if anything, of this sort is available in Kn's setting, but it could really improve our traveling capabilities.)
-Portable Hole: 20,000, massive storage potential. Just keep it the hell away from other ED items.

Thoughts?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 1st Jul, 2017 - 9:57pm

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.