Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 559 of 561

"Well then, this news of gnolls sounds - Page 559 - D&D / Pathfinder PBP RPGs - Posted: 7th Jul, 2017 - 12:31am

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 1 35 129 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2017 - 8:48pm / Post ID: #

ICon
Premium
(+)
Avan Ohek
Druid 5

Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet
Active Player Active Role-player!

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 559

Dark Druid says...

I wish I had even half the experience or knowledge of items that you have Daishain, but I don't know what to get. Perhaps it's also a lack of desire (Though in or out of character, I don't know).

A couple level 3 Pearls of Power and a Druid's Vestment (Conflict with leather armour?) are all I can think of, apart from permanent attribute increases. Handy Haversack? Anything else good for a wildshaping druid? What about some light necromancy? Is there an item that can produce a really fast steed like the Phantom steed spell?

The instant fortress sounds like a great idea, though the description I read stated "The fortress cannot be repaired except by a wish or a miracle, which restores 50 points of damage taken." I see no need for a Lyre of Building, at least not in this campaign. Banner's also quite good, assuming we don't intend to cause fear and confusion.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2017 - 10:38pm / Post ID: #

Daishain
Premium
(+)
Bastion
Warblade

Loner / Head
Character Sheet
Has 2 Associates

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The Blademaster says...

Having the lyre is like having an expert crew of 50 craftsmen following us around and doing whatever we happen to need at the moment. A few specific uses:
-Capturing another fort seems likely at some point, and next time we may actually be in a position to settle into it. If so, we'll want to make modifications to suit our purposes
-If we do get the instant fortress, you noted how difficult it is to repair the thing, the lyre's other function allows it to make structures effectively immune to damage for a while.
-It could also be used on the fly, fortify our campsite while in a really dangerous area, repair the bridge over a chasm, undo the damage we caused to the village chapel before they try to run us out of there, etc.

When it comes to druid stuff, a few suggestions:
-Wild armor enhancement either on your current armor, or on something new. Lets you retain all armor properties while in wild shape. Its a +3 enhancement, so it could be rather expensive as an addition. Note, while wildshaped, only the AC bonus physicallt remains from wild armor, not the ACP or max Dexterity
-With the above in mind, you can probably pick up armor better than the +3 leather. For instance you could wear Elven Darkleaf Full Plate armor, counts as medium armor, is not made of metal, +8 AC, max+2dex, and ACP of -4. That would increase your AC by 2 without any enchanting at all for 5,500gp
-Metamagic rods are useful for any spellcaster. 3/day, cast spells as if you prepped it with a particular metamagic feat. No extra cost, no extra casting time. In your case, you might consider using an Extend Rod with your summon spells.
-Quaal's Feather Tree Tokens + Tree Stride spell equals emergency transport out of anywhere for you.
-Scrolls and wands of utility druid spells. The kind of spells that could save our butts if the situation calls for it, but are situational enough that you'd rarely actually prepare them. Endure Elements, Delay Poison, that kind of thing
-Torc of animal speech grants at will castings of speak with animals. Use it to give complex instructions to Fluffles and any summons, among other things
P.S. The Druid's Vestment is explicitly made to be worn over armor, so there's no conflict.

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 2nd Jul, 2017 - 10:42pm

Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2017 - 8:12pm / Post ID: #

ICon
Premium
(+)
Avan Ohek
Druid 5

Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread RPGs PBP Pathfinder / D&D

Dark Druid says...

Cool, thanks for the info! The tree tokens I know about from Pathfinder. Something I've wanted to try for a while because it's very thematic, if a bit cheesy.

Why would I pay for more expensive (And lighter - redundant in wild shape) armor when I could instead have bone full plate!

I also just came across the Phantom Stag spell, that would be fun to use wherever Tree Stride can't be.

Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2017 - 9:49pm / Post ID: #

Daishain
Premium
(+)
Bastion
Warblade

Loner / Head
Character Sheet
Has 2 Associates

Page 559 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The Blademaster says...

With the bone plate, either you never again engage in martial combat when not in wild shape, deal with a whopping -6 penalty to all attacks due to nonproficiency, or burn a feat getting rid of that penalty.

The first could only happen in an ideal world, the second is really nasty, and the third really expensive.

It is your choice, but personally, given how much money we've been getting, a few grand spent to avoid the whole issue is worth it. As a bonus, the Darkwood version gets you one extra AC outside of wildshape.

P.S. You asked about necromancy related items before, I'd suggest taking a look through Libris Mortis, plenty of undead themed stuff there, I'm not sure which would be most useful though.

P.P.S. Is anyone else going to reply in the leader thread?

Post Date: 4th Jul, 2017 - 1:07am / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5

Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The Wild Whisper says...

Out of Character: : I don't think we need much replying right this second. We need to decide what items to buy and post our shopping list as well as us searching for new jobs. I am in the process of nailing down what I want as a 276,000 GP boon is quite a lot of gold for 5th (6th?) level. It will probably be Wednesday before I get the chance to finish this shopping spree.

Post Date: 4th Jul, 2017 - 1:33am / Post ID: #

Daishain
Premium
(+)
Bastion
Warblade

Loner / Head
Character Sheet
Has 2 Associates

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

The Blademaster says...

Out of Character: We can't be sure what is available or at what price, which makes shopping without GM input difficult. I'd go ahead and ask about the things you're likely to want, and go ahead and make a gather info check to get the ball rolling on our next job. Give Kn what he needs to keep us informed.

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 4th Jul, 2017 - 2:07am

Post Date: 4th Jul, 2017 - 9:24pm / Post ID: #

Daishain
Premium
(+)
Bastion
Warblade

Loner / Head
Character Sheet
Has 2 Associates

Page 559 Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread

The Blademaster says...

Bastion shows up after shopping with a strange piece of glass over his right eye and an actual nose rather than the hint of one that had been on the mask he calls a face.

Bastion asks the others, "There are a few projects I am investing in that will take notable time before they are ready for use, do any have an objection to remaining in this region for a month or two? I suspect there is a task or two we can complete in this area in the meantime."

Out of Character: Didn't get the big ticket items from my list. The belt of magnificence in particular would have been, well, magnificent. But that's okay, perhaps next time. In any case, if you guys have any enchanting upgrades to do, they'll likely take a similar time frame. I suggest once more getting the requests in, so we know what we need to do.

Significant upgrade to Bastion's ability to play sentry. Went from +0 in spot/listen to +12, then tacked on 60' darkvision and the Scent ability for good measure. Also major boosts to his AC, and when I get that weapon done, his offense as well. A good downtime.

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 5th Jul, 2017 - 12:42am

Post Date: 7th Jul, 2017 - 12:31am / Post ID: #

Daishain
Premium
(+)
Bastion
Warblade

Loner / Head
Character Sheet
Has 2 Associates

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 559

The Blademaster says...

"Well then, this news of gnolls sounds interesting. If nothing else, it is the first solid lead we have had in weeks. Any objections to looking into the matter?

Out of Character: Okay guys, we seem to have lost a lot of momentum here. Let's get it back.

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 7th Jul, 2017 - 2:32am

Post Date: Sat Sep 23, 2017 - 7:28:33 GMT / Post ID: #

History
We rest Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread to share wise words from way back when:
HistoricToday is: 23rd September (GMT), in history on the 23rd of September, 1950 AD the following event happened:
Patty Berg wins LPGA Sunset Hills Golf Open
Guest please SHARE: "Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread" on:

Sponsored Links:

OPTIONS FOR DISCUSSION: About, How, When, Where, Why of Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette (use of OOC / off topic tags, etc) before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Enable Smilies  Enable Signature
Dice Options: Need Dice Help?

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2017
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.

Latest Topics

Key: Background for Upgraded Members
Updated every 5 minutes See More

Latest Member Intro

Newest Members

Updated every: 31 minutes

Highlights

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Txtrpg 14 Hours Ago
Global Climate Change: Will the earth's climate change on her own or are we the ones sending it in a disastrous direction? By Abnninja 4.3 Days Ago
Melania Knauss-Trump: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 5.6 Days Ago
ISIS - ISIL: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 1 Week Ago
The Media: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 1 Week Ago
Directly Meeting With Aliens: In this Thread are other Threads that asks the question: "Where are the aliens?" By KNtoran 1 Week Ago
A Medieval Continue The Story RPG: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Beowolf 7th Sep, 2017 - 8:32pm
Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?: Is there a science behind why someone is / becomes homosexual? Is it neurological or biological? By Blessed 7th Sep, 2017 - 4:22pm
Ivanka Trump: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By William 7th Sep, 2017 - 2:46pm
Al Franken: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 16th Jul, 2017 - 4:21am