Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 560 of 590

Albrecht says "I don't like it - Page 560 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 4th Aug, 2017 - 12:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 590 pgs.  556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 13th Jul, 2017 - 2:27am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 560

Out of Character: Kyr, a few comments in response to your leader thread post

The only kind of flying ring is horribly overpriced.

Assuming he doesn't want to graft on demonic wings that will slowly drive him insane… the cheapest source of all day flight I know of is winged mask(13k). Gloves of Dexterity +4 are 16K, basic shadow and silent moves enchants are 3,750 each. All told, that's 36.5k. Ildrahil has somewhere over 200k gp to work with, so there is plenty of room for other stuff.

Immediate suggestion, bump gloves of Dexterity up to +6 if possible. Shadow and Silent Moves can also be upgraded, to +10(15k) then +15(33.75k).

From there, he could use a weapon upgrade, if it were me, I'd be inclined to slap a prismatic burst enchant and a basic +1 onto that rapier (+1 weapon going up to +2 would cost 6k, and MIC version of prismatic burst is a flat 30k), then buy a scabbard of keen edges to go with it (16k) The keen property would make that rapier critical on rolls between 15 and 20, and the prismatic burst adds lots of bonus effects when you critical

Get Silent,shadow, and Dexterity gloves at max, and add all the rest together and the total comes up to 168.5k if everything is available at book price, still room for a few more trinkets like a ring of protection.

Sponsored Links:
13th Jul, 2017 - 3:37pm / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Dark Druid says...

Out of Character: Ah, but there should be a 10% charge above book price for most of them (So 185.35K gold), possibly more for armor.

17th Jul, 2017 - 12:45pm / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Dark Druid says...

"I tghink we will need to draw a map for ourselves," Avan admits. "The five gold is more a formality. And a scout would be useful, especially if he knows where to find food. Though, perhaps we should find someone more local to the desert."

17th Jul, 2017 - 1:10pm / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Page 560 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The Wild Whisper says...

Albrecht responds "I would agree, but I don't think we are going to find any natives of the dessert that are both friendly enough and smart enough to help us navigate it. I imagine most natives are animals and those that aren't are going to be unfriendly like the gnolls. Though I suppose we could catch one and force it to help us, I for one would never be able to trust it and think it is unnecessarily cruel. Between your and my sense of direction, I think we could handle it, but if there is someone who has a little more knowledge of the local area, I don't have any problem with hiring him."

Post Date: 17th Jul, 2017 - 10:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

"Let us hire this guide. If another with more direct knowledge of the area is encountered, we can reassess then. But we should not count on finding such a person.

Post Date: 18th Jul, 2017 - 1:16am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Ildrahil considers all that was said and agrees, "Yes, a guide would help greatly in these parts and the cost is a pittance."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Aug, 2017 - 8:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 560

"Hmm, I don't like this"

Out of Character: and neither do I, I can pretty much guarantee we'll be ambushed if we just march in there. Rather wish we had eyes in the sky for this.

Abn, weren't you considering a flight item in your purchases? Did you ever get your stuff?

4th Aug, 2017 - 12:31pm / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 560

The Wild Whisper says...

Albrecht says "I don't like it much either, but I don't have a good way around this problem. None of my summons can act as good reconnaissance allies, unless we already know we are pretty close. If we rest a bit here and I focus, I can can choose my higher level spells. One of which is stone shape, so using this canyon's natural stone, I can either cut off part of their army, or cut us a path through the stone they use to block our retreat in an ambush."

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.