Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 570 of 590

Out of Character: alright sounds like a plan. - Page 570 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 19th Jan, 2018 - 3:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 590 pgs.  566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
9th Jan, 2018 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 570

The Wild Whisper says...

Out of Character: Do we want to hand out some of the extra wands of cure light wounds we have to the newbies? I know we probably don't trust them fully, but I am pretty sure that they can't handle front line fights with us quite yet, and would be more useful playing a support role. We had bought 4 of the wands (Avan and I), and I think Albrecht has been casting from one and Avan another, but that leaves 2 more that are full.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Jan, 2018 - 5:31pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Out of Character: Rivoril won't be able to use one, not reliably at least. He has UMD, but not enough of it to hit DC 21 more often than not. It would be practical to give one to arilynia however. No, the group wouldn't fully trust her at this point, but keeping herself and others alive, at least for the time being, is in her interests, and the group has enough funds that the loss of a single wand would hardly be devastating if she were the type to run off with it.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 10th Jan, 2018 - 2:17am

10th Jan, 2018 - 8:44am / Post ID: #
Rivoril
Rogue 2nd Beguiler 1st
Character
Novice / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Resiliant says...

Out of Character: I can confirm that it is also in Rivoril's interests, to try and keep himself, and those in the group alive.

If by support role you mean, Rivorils more useful, then also consider some other things he can do.
Scouting up ahead, setting up a trap, returning to camp.

Or performing a sneak attack, dealing an additional 1D6 damage, with a short sword, yielding 2D6+3 in total. His, evading ability, means he can either reduce damage taken by a fireball by half, or completely. By doing a reflex save on D20 +3.

If Avan, has been captured you may need to consider a more covert approach to getting him out? I don't offer any solutions, or have any plans yet. But hopefully, working as a team can come up with a plan.

Technically, you probably wouldn't 100% trust both Rivoril, and Arilynia yet. But, give us time.

I don't suppose that you have any caltraps inside the wagon?
What do you mean by UMD?

Reconcile Edited: anronrosby on 10th Jan, 2018 - 8:45am

10th Jan, 2018 - 1:04pm / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Page 570 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The Wild Whisper says...

Out of Character: UMD is Use Magic Device. You have to roll 20 on a D20+UMD roll in order to successfully activate a wand, if you don't have the spell on your spell-list. As Rivoril has no spell-list, Cure Light Wounds is not on his spell-list, and he would have to make the roll. If you had +10 or better, you could reliably hit a 20 and successfully use the wand (Instead of wasting charges as nothing happens). Since your UMD is -1, so not only can you not hit a 20 on average, it is actually impossible for your to hit a 20. I am not trying to be harsh, just explaining the rules and what we were discussing.

Arilynia is a ranger and Cure Light Wounds is on her spell-list (Even if she can't cast spells yet), so she can use the wands without any issues or rolls, they just work.

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2018 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Indeed, I should note that use magic device is a skill Riv could do well in investing into later on. Being able to use magic items you normally couldn't is a powerful thing, and rogues are one of the few classes with it as a class skill.

For now though, we need to see how Avan fares.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 10th Jan, 2018 - 6:04pm

18th Jan, 2018 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

The Wild Whisper says...

Out of Character: SNA I is one spell, where I can summon 1d3 lower level creatures (Hippogriffs are SNA II). So it does cost one higher spell slot, but it is only one spell. Level 3 is the highest I can cast, so I don't have many, but 1 Hippogriff is all I could get otherwise and with 5 rounds and 100 feet fly speed, it will take 4 of those rounds just to get up to the top. So it could carry one person and maybe the ropes, but that would be all. If that is acceptable, I'll change what I planned.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Jan, 2018 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 570

Out of Character: I think the most prudent course if we're giving up on climbing, would be Albrecht taking one hippogriff and the ropes up, and securing the route for us.

I say Albrecht because if something goes wrong in spite of us confirming the cliffs are clear of watchers, he's the only one able to secure his own way back down.

19th Jan, 2018 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 570

The Wild Whisper says...

Out of Character: alright sounds like a plan. I'll post something to that effect in the other thread soon.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.