Human Cloning? - Page 7 of 14

From what I have read, they do NOT use aborted - Page 7 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 29th Jan, 2005 - 1:44am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 14 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (14) »
Clone Human Embryos
Stem Cell Research
Human Cloning? Related Information to Human Cloning?
Post Date: 28th Dec, 2004 - 6:42pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Human Cloning? - Page 7

EDITORIAL: WHEN CLONING HITS HOME

No one's heart strings were tugged when cells were first cloned. Even when sheep and cattle were cloned and given names such as "Dolly," human affection remained aloof.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...00683%2C00.html

by Wesley J. Smith:

IMAGINE the difficulty of engaging in a political debate in front of an audience that didn't speak your language. Empirical analysis would mean nothing: What use would be the marshaling of facts and evidence when your audience wouldn't be able to understand what you were saying? And as for the art of persuasion, forget about it. No matter how brilliant your argument, to your audience, it would just be confusing noise. Unfortunately, confusing noise is what much of the public is hearing in the political debate over biotechnology. This isn't an accident. Promoters of human cloning and other controversial biotechnologies know that if the American people heard the plain, unvarnished truth about what biotechnologists want to do and where the research would be likely to lead, popular support for Big Biotech's political agendas would collapse. So, industry boosters have seized upon a deeply cynical tactic of using scientifically inaccurate words and terms to obfuscate the entire debate to the point of incomprehensibility. Take the controversy over human cloning, as just one example. Cloning is accomplished via a process known as somatic cell nuclear transfer (SCNT). According to the unanimous conclusion of the President's Council on Bioethics, the act of human SCNT creates a "cloned human embryo." Moreover, as the Council rightly reported, "The same activity [SCNT] may be undertaken for purposes of producing children or for purposes of scientific and medical investigation and use." In other words, cloning, is cloning, is cloning.
More: via LifeNews

Sponsored Links:
30th Dec, 2004 - 8:50pm / Post ID: #

Cloning Human

I think the only reason why cloning experiments are tried is to show that cloning is not a scientific impossibility, and to test the power in our hands. Once, and if, we will ever clone a human being, I don't believe we will use that power for other purposes. It will, as you say, bring boredom to life and not many want that . The only use I can think of it is building a unified army with one or two people cloned many times.

In any case, I doubt we will be able to clone a human being soon - it is so complicated and mysterious.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

Post Date: 5th Jan, 2005 - 5:18pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Human Cloning? History & Civil Business Politics

Harvard Scientists: Embryonic Stem Cell Research Alternatives Flawed

Boston, MA (LifeNews.com) -- Three Harvard University scientists say that proposed alternatives to obtain embryonic stem cells from without sacrificing human life are impractical. Members of the President's Council on Bioethics head the ideas last month on a possible compromise on the controversial issue. Stanford University biochemist Dr. William Hurlbut, a member of the bioethics panel who opposes the destruction of human life through cloning, presented one proposal. His technique, called alternate nuclear transfer, involves turning off certain developmental genes and causing a nonfertilized egg to divide and multiply as it would if fertilized by human sperm. What would be created wouldn't be a unique human being, but a nonhuman embryo from which stem cells could be extracted. However, two leading Harvard University researchers who favor embryonic stem cell research call the proposal "scientifically flawed." Writing in last week's edition of the New England Journal of Medicine, Harvard biologist Douglas Melton said the Hurlbut's process would be virtually impossible to recreate. ''This would not only waste valuable time, but also precious resources," Melton wrote.
Ref. LifeNews

Post Date: 5th Jan, 2005 - 10:03pm / Post ID: #

Human Cloning?
A Friend

Page 7 Cloning Human

From what I understand, the only reason that so many people favor cloning is to harvest stem cells; the only reason they want to harvest stem cells is because they believe it will provide means to research into why embryos have the ability to multiply and regrow cells (if an embryo's arm is cut off, the arm will regrow while still in the womb).

I think what many people are failing to realize is that, without cloning, it is possible to create and harvest an embryo. Every year, millions are killed through induced abortions. If they really wanted to, they could set up an embryo farm, buy eggs and sperm from people, and begin creating embryos with no mention of cloning.

While I am totally against this, there are many more sides to the picture that what most people see. I am against murder (the unwarranted ending of life) and I believe that life begins at conception. Wether conception takes place through the union of sperm and egg, and through nuclear transplants, it is still creating a new life, and ending that life is murder. I do not think that cloning is in God's plan for humans, as it creates nothing new and unique, but I also do not think that it is creating life any differently than a man and a woman. It is simply a different method. It still takes two cells that God already created to make this life, but the life produced by cloning is just a copy, not a combination.

25th Jan, 2005 - 5:49pm / Post ID: #

Cloning Human

Here is some news about a Branch of this called, 'Adult Stem Research' which as they claim: 'Unlike embryonic stem cell research, adult stem cell research does not result in the destruction of a human embryo'.

Adult Stem Cell Researchers Combat Heart Attacks, Leukemia

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Researchers are reporting some major new accomplishments for adult stem cells. These achievements are raising new questions about the wisdom of embryonic stem cell research, an alternative to adult stem cell research which causes a host of ethical problems. Adult stem cells come from a variety of sources, including umbilical cord blood and fat. Unlike embryonic stem cell research, adult stem cell research does not result in the destruction of a human embryo. In the latest research, stem cells from umbilical cord blood have been used to treat heart attacks in animals. The University of South Florida research team who conducted the study believes that the research could have applications for humans. In the study, researchers injected human umbilical cord blood stem cells into the hearts of rats an hour after a heart attack. The researchers found that the stem cells greatly reduced the size of damage, restoring the heart's pumping function to near normal...
Ref. LifeNews.com

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3218 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

28th Jan, 2005 - 6:36am / Post ID: #

Human Cloning?

Folks. You cannot stop it. Cloning will and is happening now. There truly are Dr's our there with God Complexes and need to be fed. So, there WILL be human cloning and as reports have come out there is human cloning attempts right now (these are unsubstantiated...but have been reported). I feel sorry for the failed attempts at cloning that live, for their lives will be very undesirable.

We can, within our own countries, control the stem cell research. Federal monies are used for this and we can have a huge say so in how the money is and is not spent. However, all it takes is one country to say "OK, we will get you all the stem cells you want" and then it is almost a capitalistic dream. My feeling is that the greed for all the reported "potential good" that cloning and stem cells can bring, will entice at least one country or group to go for it. The rewards and payback (MONEY) are too high.

As for the ethical question, that is between you and your God. The great thing about ethical questions like this is that you really do not find the correct answer until you cannot do anything about it.

Just a thought,

Vincenzo

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Jan, 2005 - 1:12am / Post ID: #

Human Cloning?
A Friend

Human Cloning - Page 7

I am no longer a believer, but I study the Bible and other religious books. I find no scriptural basis for the banning of human cloning. It is my belief that opinions against cloning based on religious purpose is completely self contained by the individual. That is, if it sounds bad to one person, they will find a reason to be against it, IE. its against Gods will. Since God never says anything about it in the Bible, then one must at least give thought to the idea that nothing is wrong with it.

On another note, I personally get excited at the idea of using stem cell research to cure disease. I read an article about the use of stem cell research to help cure leukemia patients. Since my best friend died of it, I am very much for it. I have had several people I know die from cancer, doesn't the idea of curing this excite people? If the use of already aborted fetuses helps stem cell research, then why not get something good out of something so bad? The children are already going to be aborted, let some good come from it, let their sacrifice make a difference.

29th Jan, 2005 - 1:44am / Post ID: #

Human Cloning Politics Business Civil & History - Page 7

From what I have read, they do NOT use aborted or miscarried fetus' to do stem cell research. They clone a human embryo, then destroy it to harvest the stem cells.

The problem is that embryonic stem cell research has been going on for many years, and there have been no significant advances. However, there have been many, many advances using "adult" stem cells harvested from placentas of newborn babies, as well as other sources.

To me, this sounds an awful lot like human sacrifice. Create a human, then destroy it for financial gain.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

> TOPIC: Human Cloning?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,