Human Cloning? - Page 2 of 14

I am amazed how 50% (so far) of the respondents - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 9th Feb, 2003 - 7:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (14) »
Clone Human Embryos
Stem Cell Research
Human Cloning? Related Information to Human Cloning?
7th Feb, 2003 - 12:56pm / Post ID: #

Human Cloning? - Page 2

Hi bluelaurel, welcome aboard! smile.gif Yes, I agree with you that cloning is against Heavenly Father's plan. It is something really dangerous if they are not careful enough. I saw that you're from the Philippines. What exciting! are you presently there?.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Feb, 2003 - 1:42am / Post ID: #

Human Cloning?
A Friend

Cloning Human

So many people react so emotionally to cloning. It seems to be a fear of the unknown.  It's the same emotional reflex reaction as people exhibit during magic acts or 'miracles'. The fear or wonderment  reflex comes simply from not understanding the technology or science behind it.  There's so much we humans don't understand about the laws of science and the mechanics of why things happen. People prefer to attribute everything we don't understand to God and his miracles. God is great because he created all laws and mechanics. One of our jobs is to struggle to understand it all and to fear not and to trust in the Lord's creations.

The people who opposed the automobile and the roads they would travel on also made up incredible scenarios of how cars would take away so many jobs and how they were just toys of the rich and how they would kill people and how kidnappings would increase with no hope of catching those with automobiles. The good ol' reliable horse would be scared and throw its riders etc, etc, etc, no one trusted the new technology and the same arguments pro and con were made. Cloning is a new technology - just as telephones, the electric light bulb, tv, radio, computers, the internet, medicnes, lasers, satellites etc are. The question for some is how can I make money from this new technology? For others, it's how can I gain more power from it?, Still others are asking themselves how Cloning can help people.  Heavenly Father's plan for the human race must include cloning and all other technology. It is a gift from Heavenly Father and as usual, we have to use this gift wisely, whatever its potential for good or evil. Humans have free agency and are endowed with the tools we need to use cloning wisely. Are there people who will abuse it? Yes, just as people abuse every technology.  Knowledge is power and I would advise everyone to learn about cloning and how it is done exactly. We should do this in order to take away the fear of the unknown.  Once we understand the technology we can then begin to think about how to control it.  I read an article in the newspaper today about a Japanese Scientist from Tokyo University who has developed a technique to make people and things invisible! or transparent. Now that, on the face of it is dangerous. Just imagine how people might use this technology! Stalkers and spies would have a field day with this technology.    

8th Feb, 2003 - 2:17am / Post ID: #

Human Cloning? History & Civil Business Politics

So many people react so emotionally to cloning. It seems to be a fear of the unknown.  It's the same emotional reflex reaction as people exhibit during magic acts or 'miracles'. The fear or wonderment  reflex comes simply from not understanding the technology or science behind it.  

I don't know you but I have blood on my veins!. It's impossible not to feel a bit emotional about this topic where so many lives will change!. It is not the fear of the unknown, it is the fear of the KNOWN, because we know what will happen.
Heavenly Father's plan for the human race must include cloning and all other technology. It is a gift from Heavenly Father and as usual, we have to use this gift wisely, whatever its potential for good or evil

I disagree 100% with this statement. Cloning is NOT a gift from Heavenly Father and it's NOT part of His plan. If you have any doubts about it, I would suggest you to write a letter to the First Presidency to see what they have to say about cloning and you will know through the mouth or writing of the Prophet what God really thinks about this.
Sometimes we need to be very careful in what road we follow, or we follow God's way or we are on the other side. We can't play with both sides and expect to have the answers for all things. Yes, God gave the human race intelligence and also free agency but NOT all the discoveries that men do come from God. How he can possible be happy knowing that men are trying to create human life??

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 8th Feb, 2003 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

Human Cloning?
A Friend

Page 2 Cloning Human

LA Times, March 8th Interview with Pres. Hinckley:
Q: Do you see moral danger in human cloning?

A: Well there’s a possibility . . . . If it should become an increasing matter of concern, I’m confident we’ll speak out on it. Our [September 1995] proclamation on the family clearly sets forth our position concerning the family, concerning marriage, concerning he place of father and mother and children and so on. I think we’re still for the traditional family.

Q: One of the hypotheticals is that in cloning it only takes one person to create human life. You wouldn’t need both father and mother. Do you foresee that causing a theological divide?

A: Oh, think it might . . . It isn’t that far along . . . but it could become a matter of serious concern.

This interview covers much more than cloning but it shows that the 1st Presidency (Pres. Hinckley) understands and accepts the existence of cloning and should it begin to affect the morals of our society, they will speak out on it.  In addition,
the five Senators in the US Senate who are Mormon - are fighting hard to encourage the proper use of Stem Cell Cloning.
Here is an article from almost two years ago:
The Mormon Stem-Cell Choir
By Drew Clark
Posted Friday, August 3, 2001, at 12:00 AM PT

Two weeks ago, Senate supporters of human embryonic stem-cell research summoned four of their colleagues to testify at a hearing. Of the four senators selected, one was an opponent of ESCR; another was the sponsor of a compromise bill. The other two, lavishly praised for their advocacy of ESCR, were Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, and Sen. Gordon Smith, R-Ore. Why Hatch and Smith? The obvious reason is that they, unlike the colleagues who praised them, are pro-life on abortion, thereby lending an air of consensus to ESCR. But beneath that answer lies another. Both men were introduced as graduates of Brigham Young University. They're Mormons.

While pundits chatter on about the role of Catholic leaders in the stem-cell debate, the influence of Mormons—members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints—goes almost unnoticed. Hatch and Smith have become the leaders of a movement within the Republican Party to urge President Bush to fund embryonic stem-cell research. All five Mormon senators—the others are Sens. Robert Bennett, R-Utah; Mike Crapo, R-Idaho; and Harry Reid, D-Nev.—have come out for such funding They have helped move the debate away from right-to-life absolutism without sacrificing pro-life theology. The LDS Church, not the Vatican, is playing the pivotal role in the struggle over stem cells.

You might be misinterpreting the Proclamation of the Family in which it is stated :
"We declare the means by which mortal life is created to be divinely appointed."

This statement does not exclude cloning as a 'means' of created life.

The LDS Church has not taken an official stance one way or the other on human cloning - that's the bottom line.

Post Date: 8th Feb, 2003 - 7:39pm / Post ID: #

Human Cloning?
A Friend

Cloning Human

I do see why people would be against this, but I also see where it would benefit some special cases. I think goes along with what Spider-Man learnt, with great power comes great responsibility.

Post Date: 9th Feb, 2003 - 5:41pm / Post ID: #

Human Cloning?
A Friend

Human Cloning?

I think goes along with what Spider-Man learnt, with great power comes great responsibility.

Absolutely! In another thread about the Iraq situation, I made this same point. It is equally applicable to Human Cloning. As we have learned from the Nephi - There is opposition in all things.  
That means with all of God's Creations - including Satan and Free Will and Cloning and Automobiles and anything mankind can imagine and create.  

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Feb, 2003 - 5:55pm / Post ID: #

Human Cloning - Page 2

Nephiproject, I didn't forget this thread smile.gif I'm researching more about the subject before adding more stuff smile.gif

Post Date: 9th Feb, 2003 - 7:21pm / Post ID: #

Human Cloning?
A Friend

Human Cloning Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

I am amazed how 50% (so far) of the respondents in this survey have indicated that they believe Cloning is against God's Will. The LDS Church has taken no stance whatsoever on this issue that I am aware of.  The Catholic Church has so I assume these respondents are Catholic.  If not, then from where are they getting their revelations?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (14) »

> TOPIC: Human Cloning?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,