Not Shooter, But Gun Maker is Responsible - Page 6 of 7

It is possible that politicians are staying - Page 6 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 10th Sep, 2004 - 1:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 7 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 
Not Shooter, But Gun Maker is Responsible Related Information to Not Shooter, But Gun Maker is Responsible
5th Apr, 2003 - 1:40pm / Post ID: #

Not Shooter, But Gun Maker is Responsible - Page 6

You act like your Mama taught you some manners and we'll get along just fine.

You act like a jerk, and I'll give you some free dental work. You mess with my family and I'll kill you. Now.

Does that help explain things?

Well, I think if that's true you pretty much would act like any other guy or woman. We are all nice when someone is nice to us but if they touch our families we are like lions defending what it's ours. I don't consider that violence because if I am in a situation where someone is going to hurt my son or my husband, I tell you I will not doubt to grab anything around and defend my family. I guess that in tough situations we do things we would not normally do. But that's not to be violent, but have a real reason to defend your family or yourself from danger...
Now, it's different with the story of the dog hiding your shoe... I guess you lost your temper there, didn't you?.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Apr, 2003 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

Not Shooter, But Gun Maker is Responsible
A Friend

Responsible Maker Gun Shooter Not

I don't deny having a violent side, never have.
As I have gotten older, I have managed to temper it.
One learns to moderate things. Military discipline is great for that. You learn control.

10th Apr, 2003 - 9:29pm / Post ID: #

Not Shooter, But Gun Maker is Responsible History & Civil Business Politics

Although it is ultimately the shooter that should be responsible for what he/she shoots at I think the gun seller should take 'some' responsibility for WHO they sell to.

QUOTE (CSMonitor)
Protecting Gun-Sellers

A House bill gives gunmakers and gun-sellers near immunity from
gun-violence lawsuits.
https://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0411/p10s04-comv.html

Wal-Mart sits in Feds' crosshairs for gun-sale violations

Lapses in background checks at California stores lead to calls for
wider inspections. By Daniel B. Wood
https://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0411/p04s01-usgn.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3214 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2003 - 8:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 6 Responsible Maker Gun Shooter Not

the gun maker is persueing his craft what he likes to do. EG:take jb he self is persueing what he likes to do,if someone miss uses the site and jb knows nothing about it until well after the fact hes beat for doing something about this.as is the gun maker can not be held lible for some clown missuseing his product all he can do is put stickers on to warn people of the danger he self can not control each and every person who picks up his product you can put a gun anywhere you like eg:over the fire place let it hang there for 10yr,or20yr,or30yr,or more that gun will never do any harm to anybody at all BUT you put that same gun in the hands of a child ora adult who is a little choped off somebody going to get hurt or even worse killed the ans does not lay with the gun maker

25th Apr, 2003 - 12:41am / Post ID: #

Responsible Maker Gun Shooter Not

spock.gif Max, true words, but I cannot figure out why you and Stranger always call my name as per example?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3214 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 7th May, 2003 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

A Friend

if you were a gun maker and you had your butt draged into court everytime there was a killing and you were thrown in the slamer plus a huge fine i would tend to think that you would come to the end of your rope as they say a just stop makeing guns and pretty soon if this was the case all over there would be no guns being made therefore all the killing would stop maybe this is what these people want when they say the gun maker is responsible i know if i was a gun maker and this happened to me i would stop makeing guns A.S.A.P.?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Sep, 2004 - 10:53am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Not Shooter Gun Maker Responsible - Page 6

For 10 years, it has been illegal in this country to manufacture or distribute some of the most deadly semi-automatic guns in the world. The majority of the public supports this ban and at least by some measures, gun violence has abated. So why are most of the Congress, the President, and the Democratic contender for the White House all looking the other way while this law is set to expire next week, returning these assault weapons to the streets?

In 1994, Congress passed, and President Clinton signed the assault weapons ban, effectively making 19 different types of semiautomatic firearms and high-capacity magazines illegal. Of course, this wasn't a complete ban - guns already on the market were exempted and an additional 650 types of semiautomatic weapons commonly used for self-defense, hunting and target practice were allowed. Critics and supporters of the ban agreed that the law had flaws. But now, 10 years later, polls show most Americans support the law.

When it passed, the law had a political addendum known as a sunset clause - it would expire in 10 years if Congress didn't vote to extend it.

Next Monday will mark the 10 year deadline. And The House Majority Leader Tom Delay has indicated he's unlikely to allow it to come to a vote. And the White House has signaled that it will not urge him to do so. Even John Kerry has kept relatively quiet on this issue.

Why all the political silence on an issue that so many Americans say they support?

Today, a group of police chiefs from local departments around the country and victims of gun violence are gathering to lobby Congress on this issue. But so far, very little debate is occurring.
Ref. Sara Just and the Nightline Staff - Nightline Offices

10th Sep, 2004 - 1:34pm / Post ID: #

Not Shooter Gun Maker Responsible Politics Business Civil & History - Page 6

It is possible that politicians are staying away from this legislation because it is an election year and opening up this can of worms will only add one more issue to the debates. That is one of the aspects of an election year that I detest is when issues that should be attended too are left alone because of fear that a candidate/parties stand on the issue will affect their voter support. I hope that enough attention will be raised about this particular issue to get some action on it.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

+  « First of 7 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Not Shooter, But Gun Maker is Responsible

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,