Hiroshima and Nagasaki Bombs - Page 6 of 9

I think this was exactly the wrong thing to - Page 6 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 7th Aug, 2010 - 11:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 9 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Hiroshima and Nagasaki Bombs Related Information to Hiroshima and Nagasaki Bombs
Post Date: 13th Jan, 2008 - 9:18pm / Post ID: #

Hiroshima and Nagasaki Bombs - Page 6

Name: Helper

Comments: Thanks Vincenzo for that Informative Info, I found it very very Interesting! And Yes, "WAR IS HELL" As they say, And I Hate to see Human Beings Killing each other, But it's Kill or be Killed, Like it or Not! And I'm glad America being a Christian Nation though having all of its faults, Still Tried to take into Consideration many Factors before dropping those Bombs...Helper

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Aug, 2009 - 6:09pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Bombs Nagasaki Hiroshima

The Great Hiroshima Cover-Up

And the Nuclear Fallout for All of Us Today
By Greg Mitchell

I was told by people in the Pentagon that they didn't want those [film] images out because they showed effects on man, woman and child....They didn't want the general public to know what their weapons had done. Ref. Source 3

Hiroshima, Nagasaki Atom Bombs Was Right Decision
According To Majority Of Americans: Poll
By John Christoffersen

The poll, released Tuesday, found 61 percent of the more than 2,400 American voters questioned believe the U.S. Did the right thing. Twenty-two percent called it wrong and 16 percent were undecided. Ref. Source 9

Post Date: 10th Aug, 2009 - 8:35pm / Post ID: #

Hiroshima and Nagasaki Bombs History & Civil Business Politics

Hiroshima and Nagasaki: A Look Back at the US Atomic Bombing 64 Years Later

This year marks the sixty-fourth anniversary of the US atomic bombings of the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki that killed over 150,000 people instantly. Commemorations this weekend in Japan and around the world marked the US bombing of Hiroshima on August 6, 1945, and then on August 9th, of Nagasaki. We play the report of Wilfred Burchett, the first journalist to make it into Hiroshima, as well as Anthony Weller, the son of Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist George Weller, who was the first reporter to enter Nagasaki after the bombing, and we hear from Hiroshima survivor Shigeko Sasamori. Ref. Source 8

4th Apr, 2010 - 1:43am / Post ID: #

Page 6 Bombs Nagasaki Hiroshima

I have added the below video to the first Post of this Thread. It is worth viewing the accounts by people who were actually there. They also vividly animate how destructive the bombs were:

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 6th Aug, 2010 - 7:11pm / Post ID: #

Bombs Nagasaki Hiroshima

US Attending Hiroshima Memorial "Enormously Important," Says Robert Jay Lifton

Sixty-five years ago today, the United States dropped a bomb nicknamed "Little Boy" on the Japanese city of Hiroshima. An estimated 140,000 people died immediately or succumbed to burns and radiation sickness soon after the blast. This year, Japan marked this somber anniversary with a representative of the US government in attendance for the very first time. We speak with leading American psychiatrist, author and longtime opponent of nuclear weapons, Robert Jay Lifton. Ref. Source 9

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2010 - 12:24pm / Post ID: #

Hiroshima and Nagasaki Bombs

"...the Japanese were ready to surrender and it wasn't necessary to hit them with that awful thing."
-- Dwight Eisenhower - Ike on Ike, Newsweek, 11/11/63

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Aug, 2010 - 9:49pm / Post ID: #

Hiroshima and Nagasaki Bombs
A Friend

Hiroshima Nagasaki Bombs - Page 6

I think the dropping of the two atomic bombs on Japan was the right thing to do. I believe it stopped a war where many more on both sides would have died fighting. While these bombs killed a lot of people very quickly it showed the world just what it would do. Since that time we, as a people, have gone to some great lengths to see that this does not happen again.

7th Aug, 2010 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

Hiroshima Nagasaki Bombs Politics Business Civil & History - Page 6

I think this was exactly the wrong thing to do. I think the war could have been ended just as effectively if the bomb was dropped in a much less destructive place. Furthermore I don't see the point in dropping two bombs to prove a point. If the idea was to show we have the capability of nuclear weapons one would have been just as effective.

When I say this I imagine the multitude of civilians (women and children) who were wiped out from this, as well as the fallout.

To me it is a sick thing to kill so many innocents to make a statement.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 7th Aug, 2010 - 11:57pm

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

+  « First of 9 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: Hiroshima and Nagasaki Bombs

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,