This is every sad, I think most of the young pre-teens do not have a clue what's around them and the parents do not have a clue in how to help them. Anybody see a person who looks good and have money and everybody wants to be like them *shaking head* how superficial we are!!!
Has anybody seen her new video/ song shes really out-done herself this time.
I haven't seen her new video. Is it bad? I have seen some of her newer pics and needless to say they are quite tasteless in my opinion of course. I don't plan on even buying her cd and everytime her music comes on the radio I turn it off.
okay i have a lot of opinion about this so i'm gonna try and be very nice about this and the way i speak my mind.
1. i am a bi sexual woman and i found nothing "gross" about the kiss, except that if it was for publicity then they got it; and don't forget christina got that kiss from madonna too.
2. hello!!!! she is 21 years old. she's not going to maintain the i'm a 12 year old girl in uniform who listens to mommy and daddy. i mean i'm 21 and i know that when i go out clubbing that i wear slacks with the splits up to the hip and a shirt that revels my *gasp* belly button. That's the fashion of (wait oh my gawd she can't be) over 18 folks.
3. i like her music. i find it catchy and nice especially for someone who is over the age limit.
4. her new video is kinda sexual, but hello all about hollywood is sexual. and i think it's not talking about "hey let's go have sex" but about how she knows what she is doing and her sexual freedom. like i know i'm sexy and i have this power. if you never felt this way especially being a woman then technically you've never been *what can i say* a woman.
5. also if you think that this one blond woman is gonna change the way your child thinks about sex, lesbianism, and all that how bout doing something called parenting. you know talking to your child about sex and lesbianism and about std and all that "i don't want to talk about stuff". you would be mad surprise how many 9 year olds are having sex, because they feel they are ready and want to. my parent's talked to my brother and i about that stuff *they did it when we asked questions. my mom felt that if we were old enough to ask the question then we were old enough to get the answer* so it wasn't like okay darling let me talk to you about sex. it was mommy why is blah blah blah (don't want to break any forum rules) and she said because blah blah blah and did you know blah blah blah. and that's how we talked about it and she was honest and didn't lie or sugar coat anything. and my brother and i both waited until at least 18 to try it and we both did it with people that we love (i'm getting married to my first) and my brother's first passed away (sad sad story).
6. i think she is a role model in a way. she has talent and mad pursued it. she is beautiful and healthy. she is sexy and sexy does not have to be bad by the way. and she's doing something she loves.
i applaud her for not changing the way she is. and technically she is innocent in this day and age and by the way god forbid any 21 should legally drink. or if she wants to kill her body should smoke. and god forbid any 21 young adult should have some fun and do something really silly. i mean how many of you over the hill i'm soooo sorry i didn't mean that i meant over 21 adults can say that you honestly didn't do anything wild and fun when you were over 18. if you can say *not me* then you haven't lived and are living a boring life or a life of death. if you can say *hee hee yeah that's me* than you know what i mean.
the only reason it's so controversial is because she is in the spotlight. when all along we know that if it was us at that age it truly wouldn't matter.
Do you mean toxic? Yes ive seen it. There are so many sexual inundos in that video, and the song its just sickening. We were watching it in school because the teachers left, and all the guys in the room were screamning and going crazy. The things they show, are way to provacative, and they send the wrong message. I would be curious to know if this is big business is controling her, or is this her choise as an "artist" This thread can merge even with the sexually active teens. This is the reason teens are sexually active, they have been shown stuff like this and it shows young minds the wrong idea. Sex has now turned into...provactive..slime, I know not the words to describe it, but the youth generation will grow up with a tainted mind about...life..sex..love..money....Media will be the end of us..
|i am a bi sexual woman and i found nothing "gross" about the kiss|
|QUOTE (ReinaDiablo @ 4-Feb 04, 1:43 PM)|
5. also if you think that this one blond woman is gonna change the way your child thinks about sex, lesbianism, and all that how bout doing something called parenting. you would be mad surprise how many 9 year olds are having sex, because they feel they are ready and want to.
I don't think that *just* because Britney does something we all go like drones to the store to do the same. Give us a bit more credit then that. Gradually, sure, teen-girls may adopt some of the things we see regularly, that's natural, but we all aren't going to go out and buy Britney's newest fashion statement.
Edited: veryloudsygirl14 on 16th Feb, 2004 - 1:34am
We interrupt Britney Spears to share wisdom from past times:
Today is: 24th September (GMT), in history on the 24th of September, 1910 AD the following birth happened:
Jean Servais: Angers, Belgium -- Actor (Every Man is My Enemy)