Britney Spears - Page 12 of 37

I had read a report that the magician who - Page 12 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 11th Sep, 2007 - 9:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 37 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  ...Latest (37) »

?
Poll: I think Britney Spears is mostly...
  A total teeny bopper       26.47%
  A talented musician       17.65%
  A sex object       8.82%
  A marketing tactic       20.59%
  A young girl fulfilling a dream       5.88%
  A spoilt little girl who thinks she is grown up       20.59%
Total Votes: 34
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Britney a Role model for the youth of today? Is she just a puppet? Are people judging her too much?
Britney Spears Related Information to Britney Spears
10th Sep, 2007 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

Britney Spears - Page 12

It is all a PR strategy, she KNOWS that her "trashy" look SELLS and is giving her LOTS of publicity, she is making a lot of money out of it. This kiddo's income is something like US$900,000 a month! So as long as is giving her money, she is ready for the "show".

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Sep, 2007 - 2:50pm / Post ID: #

Britney Spears
A Friend

Spears Britney

So why come out with this completely crappy dance number that makes even the "stars" go, "yawn."

Funny thing is that some reviewers were acclaiming her new songs. Then they saw her do the number on stage and EVERYONE seems to be trashing her.

11th Sep, 2007 - 3:07am / Post ID: #

Britney Spears Sports & Fashion Music Movies

All the critics agree that Britney Spears opening act for the MTV Video Music Awards, lacked luster and was a big disappointment. When the lights came on, her blonde extensions were visible and the audience noticed the absence of her rock hard abdominals. Forgivable, considering she had two children. But her black sequined bra and matching panty, unforgivable. Her costume made her look like a stripper rather than an A list entertainer.

There is a lot of blame to be shared where Britney Spears' poor performance is concerned. All fingers point to Sara Silverman, who referred to Britney's children as "the cutest mistakes she has ever seen." It was reported that these harsh jokes almost brought Britney to tears, before she came on stage to perform. It is noticeable that Britney was very nervous, confused, unfocussed, unprepared and did not seem interested in lip synching properly. Apparently, Britney wanted an elaborate magic act which involved her appearing and disappearing on stage. But the producers did not share Britney Spears' enthusiasm and decided to have a dance routine. In spite of the last minute changes, it was reported that Britney was very unhappy but agreed to honour her commitment to MTV Video Music Awards. Others question the competence of her new manager, Jeff Kwatinetz, who is the former manager of Kelly Clarkson.

Rather off topic, but...
Kwatinetz is the person who is responsible for encouraging Ms Clarkson, to disagree with the advice of Clive Davis and as a result of this bad decision, she released a terrible album.

Or maybe Britney Spears is not committed enough to make a real comeback. You be the judge. Here are two links with this report:

https://www.people.com/people/package/artic...0055600,00.html

https://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296251,00.html

Reconcile Edited: Geenie on 11th Sep, 2007 - 3:09am

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2007 - 12:48pm / Post ID: #

Britney Spears
A Friend

Page 12 Spears Britney

The Silverman routine came AFTER her performance. She was all smiles after her "dance."

Honestly, I'm not sure how Spears forgot to dance. She used to have it. Commentators have pointed out that she was partying for all three nights prior to the act. Many questioned whether she would be able to perform (since all her time was spent drinking and partying, as opposed to practicing).

I believe that she thought she could pull it off with little practice and screwed up.

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 11th Sep, 2007 - 2:13pm

11th Sep, 2007 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #

Spears Britney

Why doesn't she just retire? I mean, she is filthy rich. If she likes to party so much she can do it freely without all the drama. I do not know why she insists in a career that is obviously ruined.

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2007 - 2:14pm / Post ID: #

Britney Spears
A Friend

Britney Spears

I would bet that it is hard for her to let go. She had it all. Now, not so much.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Sep, 2007 - 8:54pm / Post ID: #

Britney Spears - Page 12

This is really a sad situation people. Britney Spears had the opportunity to make a real comeback and she flushed this opportunity straight down the toilet. It is horrible to be in a world where people worship you when you perform perfectly, sing very well and look fantastic on stage. However, when you are on a hiatus and struggling to make a comeback, people can be downright cruel. Do you know how hard it is to perform in front of an audience where most of the people are rooting for you to fail? On "The View" last week, the ladies were discussing Britney's VMA performance and they had a poll which revealed that, 80% of the people were hoping and looking forward to seeing Britney fail! Being surrounded by so much negativity, does not help a person, who is already suffering from a low self esteem. A performer mentioned that she seemed focused on who were in the audience, rather than the actual dance routine. Britney knew that she was not ready for this show and the mere fact that everyone was looking forward to her failure, does not really help. It takes a strong individual to ignore all negative remarks and rise to the occasion. But unfortunately, Britney is not that individual.

Honestly, I'm not sure how Spears forgot to dance. She used to have it. Commentators have pointed out that she was partying for all three nights prior to the act. Many questioned whether she would be able to perform (since all her time was spent drinking and partying, as opposed to practicing).

This is a girl whose life is spinning out of control. I don't think many people realise how many serious issues she had to deal with: having two babies in two years (very traumatic and never recommended by doctors; she may even be suffering from post partum depression or some other depression), having to deal with her highly publicized divorce and trying to heal in front of the whole world. I believe in her heart, she really loved Kevin even though the world never approved. All her priorities have disappeared Tortdog. That is why she loses herself in the world of "partying" where she can forget all her troubles with alcohol and drugs. She can dance but it may not show now because she does not seem to understand that for her to be successful, it takes a lot of work.

I believe that she thought she could pull it off with little practice and screwed up.

Yes you are absolutely right! But unfortunately, she is searching for an easier alternative. Here is a link concerning more details on this particular Magic performance:

https://www.hollyscoop.com/britney-spears/b...tery_12634.aspx

I believe that she was disappointed that the magic act never materialized because if it did, it would mean less performing for her to do.

In addition to this, the critics are relentless. Here are some of the views of the critics:

https://www.hollyscoop.com/britney-spears/c...ance_12637.aspx

Why doesn't she just retire? I mean, she is filthy rich. If she likes to party so much she can do it freely without all the drama. I do not know why she insists in a career that is obviously ruined.

In life we have to make a choice. We may choose to be successful by working hard towards it, or we may choose to fail by not doing anything. Britney has chosen the latter and is now paying the price for it. I believe that she wants everything the way it used to be. All the glamour, the adulation, the fans screaming her name. But deep down inside, this girl is hurt, scared and wants to be somebody: a clear sign of a very low self esteem and an individual crying out for help. Her marriage failed and now she is trying to prove to the world that she is not a failure. But the naked reality is, her judgment is severely impaired by drugs, alcohol and depression. She is incapable of taking care of herself or making any sensible decisions!

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2007 - 9:04pm / Post ID: #

Britney Spears
A Friend

Britney Spears Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 12

I had read a report that the magician who was going to appear with her backed out because he realized that she was going to flop and he didn't want to be associated with it.

Spears' people are saying that MTV messed it all up, and that it was of no fault of Spears.

> TOPIC: Britney Spears

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,