How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 28 of 35

QUOTE You do not have to answer this question, - Page 28 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 27th May, 2013 - 12:37am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 35 pgs.  24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32  ...Latest (35) »
When thinking of a good place to live, you must first seek after safety and security, not rum and fete.
How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Related Information to How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
Post Date: 26th May, 2013 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
A Friend

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 28

I haven't figured out quotes yet so I'll answer your questions in order.
I think the guy is a mechanic. I have no idea where he lives. The only thing I know is that her friend from Trinidad has friends and family there (somewhere).

My daughter is white from USA and my daughter-in-law is Hispanic. My daughter is the one moving.

Her friend went to school in Trinidad, and arrived here after her high school in Trinidad and has been here ever since then. Both are in their mid thirties.

Sponsored Links:
26th May, 2013 - 4:56pm / Post ID: #

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

Tinydancer, the patriotic side of me says that she should come and give it a try but she is taking a huge gamble. Let's look at the possible scenarios:

(1) She comes here and the business is successful. Businesses here can be quite successful especially if it is a novel concept that Trinidadians buy into. Restaurants also make money.

On the flip side the children may give up a very American-styled education unless they go to the International School of Port-of-Spain. The education system here is geared towards integrating with CARICOM. I'm not sure how well a Trinidadian schooling prepares the student for employment in America or how well the children would re-integrate into American society if they so choose.

(2) She gets robbed (highly possible) but the business is successful - as per the above albeit with a disenchanted view of Trinidad.

(3) The business flops but she is safe - time wasted.

(4) The business flops but she is attacked - both waste of time AND she would suffer psychological damage.

26th May, 2013 - 5:03pm / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

international QUOTE
I think the guy is a mechanic.

oops.gif Sorry but unless he has this huge garage that he owns that sounds like trouble.

international QUOTE
The only thing I know is that her friend from Trinidad has friends and family there (somewhere).

Find out the exact location and we can tell you more about what the area is like.

26th May, 2013 - 6:42pm / Post ID: #

Page 28 Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

international QUOTE

I think the guy is a mechanic.

Oh boy. No offense but here mechanics make little money and they're not well...educated plus living with his mother? Hmmmmm. Again, I'm not trying to be mean but I'm trying to be realistic.

international QUOTE
I have no idea where he lives.

Could you please find out? We can tell you a lot by the area where he lives. I'm not going to stereotype but simply showing what to expect.

international QUOTE
The only thing I know is that her friend from Trinidad has friends and family there (somewhere).

Could you please find out also where? It can also help us to know a little more about her friend and where she is from.

Post Date: 26th May, 2013 - 9:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

I looked at friends on her FB page, and it seems that many of them that looked like age mates were from the St. James Secondary School? So, St. James area of Trinidad. There were lots of different friends from other schools.

26th May, 2013 - 9:50pm / Post ID: #

Well, that's probably the school she attended, not necessarily where she lives (here isn't like in the USA where you go to the school closer to your home).

We have a thread about St. James located here: Source 8

I'm also curious at where this guy lives. Is your daughter willing to join the forum so she can read the information too?

As a foreigner myself, it took me long years to adapt to Trinidad and I still do in many aspects.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th May, 2013 - 12:21am / Post ID: #

A Friend

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live - Page 28

My daughter is very quiet about the move. Yet, very cantankerous if we ask questions she isn't willing to answer or has no answer. It is doubtful that she would consider hearing the truth or at least exploring the pros and cons like most people would do when contemplating this move or any move. Since her friend comes from Trinidad she is the expert, knows it all, case closed. The least she should do is have an open mind. My husband and I have expressed to her many of the fears and problems (that members of this blog have) that might arrive when taking such risks in a very culturally different country. She behaves as if we do not know what we are talking about.
Believe me, I am very concerned about this guy and the welfare of my daughter and her children as well as her friend's intentions. It might take me a while but I'll try to get his area of POS where he lives.
You do not have to answer this question, but why are you living in Trinidad. I live in a University town and I teach many foreign children every year. Some parents are mostly involved with University/Hospital and usually stay here, my other population of foreign children are immigrants whose parents want opportunities and a better life. I will be retiring in June. I am surprised to hear that not all teachers have at least bachelor degrees in Trinidad.

27th May, 2013 - 12:37am / Post ID: #

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 28

international QUOTE
You do not have to answer this question, but why are you living in Trinidad.

That's a good question, the shortest answer is because I have no choice. My husband is from here but not your typical Trinidadian. Going back to my country proved to be a failure and migrating is a very difficult thing to accomplish if you are not wealthy AND you want to do the right thing by migrating legally.

international QUOTE
I am surprised to hear that not all teachers have at least bachelor degrees in Trinidad.

Most Primary school teachers do not have university degrees. It is a little different for Secondary School teachers who are required now to possess a bachelor degree and a post-graduate diploma in Education.

international QUOTE
Believe me, I am very concerned about this guy and the welfare of my daughter and her children as well as her friend's intentions

Based on your description, your daughter seems to have her mind set. As a mother myself, that's a little difficult to understand because she should be thinking about how the move would affect her children who seem to be quite happy and accomplished, why take such a risk for this guy who she hardly knows? I understand that she probably wants to have a companion, it's normal of course but aren't there guys she could possibly date?

Because in my opinion (and I admit I do not know the whole story), this move seems to be about him rather than opening a restaurant and well, no offense but a mechanic living with his mother still isn't what I would call an "Exciting" Opportunity for a serious relationship.

> TOPIC: How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,