Home Schooling - Page 3 of 7

What do you do when there are subjects that - Page 3 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 6th Oct, 2010 - 11:21am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

?
Poll: Do you think home schooling is better than public schooling?
  Yes       60.00%
  No       10.00%
  Sometimes       30.00%
Total Votes: 10
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Homeschooling - Homeschool - Home School - Unschool - Unschooling. Do children miss out from social interaction when you home school? Some parents say they are protecting their children from what is being highlighted in public schools, but can that also be over protection? Where are the best places to get a curriculum for home schooling? Place your thoughts now.
Home Schooling Related Information to Home Schooling
18th Aug, 2006 - 2:05pm / Post ID: #

Home Schooling - Page 3

I decided to homeschool my 6 years old (ADHD/ODD son) who also has a mild speech delay called Acquired Aphasia. Because I live in Trinidad and Tobago I will need the permission from the Minister of Education in order to do it. I am also thinking in homeschooling my future kids. I got in contact with a friend for a curriculum. What I find the greatest about homeschooling is that you are not bound teaching them only Math and English but you can also open so many new windows of learning depending on your child's abilities. I think is wonderful.

Sponsored Links:
1st Oct, 2010 - 2:55pm / Post ID: #

Schooling Home

Home schooling is becoming more popular around the world. I have added a poll and highlighted the Thread with keywords so more people find it.

Post Date: 1st Oct, 2010 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

Home Schooling
A Friend

Home Schooling Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

While home schooling have it advantages it also have its disadvantages.One of the major one is the children have a problem fitting into society.Their social life is affected.They have problems relating to other children.

2nd Oct, 2010 - 1:10am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Schooling Home

international QUOTE (scrunter @ 1-Oct 10, 4:18 PM)
One of the major one is the children have a problem fitting into society.Their social life is affected.They have problems relating to other children.

Hi Scrunter. How exactly homechool kids have problems fitting in society? Would you mind sharing some examples? Thanks. Also how is their social life being affected and how they have problems relating to other children?

With all due respect, I think you're just repeating the many "myths" associated with homeschool children. If you are familiar with homeschoolers, you will find that these kids can be a great asset for society who fit and blend perfectly, as a matter of fact they score higher in tests than children who go to regular school. On top of all this, homeschool parents make sure these kids are involved in extra curricular activities such as sports, music lessons and even other activities that some schools offer and that homeschool children are welcome to participate so their social life is not being affected at all.

Because of this, they have no problem relating to other children and they can also relate very well with other adults due to their knowledge in a variety of topics.

Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2010 - 6:32pm / Post ID: #

Home Schooling
A Friend

Schooling Home

Well at present I have a child in my class who was home schooled up until age 9 and he is having these problems. I have had others who were also home schooled and the same problem. My nephew children... All three were home schooled up until they had to enter middle school and the same problem so that is why I said what I said. If it offended anyone I am sorry but that's my experience.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: It is not necessary to use a series of dots to connect sentences please use periods or commas as necessary. See Constructive Posting Policy.

2nd Oct, 2010 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #

Home Schooling

Scrunter, are you in Trinidad? Interesting that you had so many homeschool children in your class. I fully understand that you are speaking from your personal experience. You are not offending anyone by sharing your opinion.

My experience in homeschooling has been great so far and I hope it continues like this.

Rather off topic, but...
That's why we try to emphasize so much in our forum the words "In my opinion" when we are sharing our experiences so it doesn't sound like a fact (When it's not) that can be easily be debunked by someone else who had a different experience.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Oct, 2010 - 10:25pm / Post ID: #

Home Schooling
A Friend

Home Schooling - Page 3

I live in Australia, and have been home schooling my children for five years now. They fit into society very well, and are often complimented on their ability to interact and converse with adults.

Some of my friends have had to put their children back into school, just because of family circumstances. These children were quickly being given "student of the week" awards, and achieving academic results at the top of their class.

All the evidence I've read is that home schooling results in children who are high academic achievers and are very well adjusted. My personal experience with my own children and those of my friends confirms that. However, children all have different personalities, and it may be that some children are a little more shy, and may take a while to settle into new situations. I don't think that can necessarily be attributed to home schooling.

6th Oct, 2010 - 11:21am / Post ID: #

Home Schooling Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 3

What do you do when there are subjects that need to be taught but you're not so savvy like maybe art or physics?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Home Schooling

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,