I Hate Spam Emails! - Page 4 of 5

Spam Mutates Junk ads are migrating to blogs, - Page 4 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 7th Mar, 2006 - 2:37am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Post Date: 7th Apr, 2005 - 10:34pm / Post ID: #

I Hate Spam Emails!
A Friend

I Hate Spam Emails! - Page 4

You know, what really burns me up about spammers is how duplicitous their e-mails are. Many times their subject lines have nothing to do with what they are selling and are deliberately misleading. If spammers believe people wouldn't open an e-mail with an honest subject line, what makes them believe that people have any interest in the e-mail once they were tricked into opening it? I doubt this tactic actually sells anything and it mostly just makes people angry at spammers.
-Unferth

Sponsored Links:
8th Apr, 2005 - 6:19pm / Post ID: #

Emails Spam Hate I

A man convicted in the nation's first felony prosecution for illegal spamming was sentenced to nine years in prison Friday, but the judge postponed the sentence while the case is appealed.  https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7432555/

Now, I hate SPAM as much as the next person, but this seems like an excessive sentence when you consider that he lived in North Carolina not Virginia and the law had been in effect only two weeks. Chances are he had no idea he was breaking any law. I think the judge is making an example out of him. To me, that isn't fair. Now that this law has been publicized through this case, sentence the next offender to a long sentence, but I don't think this guy should go to jail for 9 years. Those are my tax dollars, not to mention it will ruin his life for something that was annoying but not illegal to begin with and which he probably shouldn't have been reasonably expected to know was now illegal.

However, if the punishments aren't severe, the SPAMMERS will keep doing it, because it is very profitable.

Reconcile Edited: funbikerchick on 8th Apr, 2005 - 6:21pm

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

3rd Jun, 2005 - 12:52am / Post ID: #

I Hate Spam Emails! History & Civil Business Politics

This is one of the most ridiculous SPAM Emails I have received:

Turn on your TV. Osama Bin Laden has been captured. While CNN has no pictures at this point of time, the military channel (PPV) released some pictures. I managed to capture a couple of these pictures off my TV. Ive attached a slideshow containing all the pictures I managed to capture. I apologize for the low quality, its the best I could do at this point of time. Hopefully CNN will have pictures and a video soon. God bless the USA! Eloise Stuart

Of course you are warned to not open the attachment in the Email.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3216 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 5th Jun, 2005 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #

I Hate Spam Emails!
A Friend

Page 4 Emails Spam Hate I

That's just funny JB, you'd have to be pretty stupid to fall for that and open the attachment, at least I think you would. I get spam a lot that says something like "With our always low prices, come buy more of these great things" or something similar when I've never even heard of them before. Plus they constantly send it through different email adresses so my SPAM filter doesn't catch it.

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2005 - 12:56am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Emails Spam Hate I

LANDMARK CASE SAYS PERTH MAN SENT 56 MILLION EMAILS

A Perth man accused of being a spam king who has clogged global computers with 56 million nuisance emails a year could face multimillion-dollar penalties in the first court action taken under Australia's Spam Act.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~3324434a28~,00.html

31st Jul, 2005 - 7:02am / Post ID: #

I Hate Spam Emails!

In Russia they do not make joke with Spammers:

Russia's Biggest Spammer Brutally Murdered in Apartment

Vardan Kushnir, notorious for sending spam to each and every citizen of Russia who appeared to have an e-mail, was found dead in his Moscow apartment on Sunday, Interfax reported Monday. He died after suffering repeated blows to the head.
Ref. https://mosnews.com/news/2005/07/25/spammerdead.shtml

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3216 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Nov, 2005 - 12:50pm / Post ID: #

I Hate Spam Emails - Page 4

You Visit Illegal Websites

Of late the spam Emails that are most popular seemed to surrounded around shocking the user into thinking they got Email from the FBI. It reads:

Dear Sir/Madam,

we have logged your IP-address on more than 30 illegal Websites.

Important:
Please answer our questions!
The list of questions are attached.

Yours faithfully,
Steven Allison

*** Federal Bureau of Investigation -FBI-
*** 935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Room 3220
*** Washington, DC 20535
*** phone: (202) 324-3000

Attached to the Email is a worm:
Viruses found in the attached files.
The file list.zip: Virus identified I-Worm/Sober.CF. The attachment was moved to the virus vault.

Be careful of this one so that your mail program does not become infected. The other irritating one is from the North Pole, has anyone else been receiving specific spam as of late?

Post Date: 7th Mar, 2006 - 2:37am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

I Hate Spam Emails Politics Business Civil & History - Page 4

Spam Mutates

Junk ads are migrating to blogs, instant messages, and cell phones.
Ref. https://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,...k,wbxnws,00.asp

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: I Hate Spam Emails!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,