Violence & Sex in Games - Page 14 of 23

US Supreme Court stops ban on selling violent - Page 14 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 27th Jun, 2011 - 11:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 23 pgs.  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  ...Latest (23) »

?
Poll: I think Violence and Sex in video games is...
  Terrible and should be removed       29.82%
  Okay once it is done in good taste       28.07%
  Fine, nothing wrong with it at all       42.11%
Total Votes: 57
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Discuss  Violence & Sex in Games Is all that violence and sex in video games really necessary to entertain?
Post Date: 8th Jul, 2010 - 1:49pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Violence & Sex in Games - Page 14

China targets gaming advertising

China The Chinese government says it will stop online games companies from using sex, gambling or violence to promote their products. Ref. Source 8

Post Date: 19th Sep, 2010 - 3:19pm / Post ID: #

Games Sex and Violence

Shurtleff joins fight against California video game law
California measure prohibits sale of violent games to kids

"I'm convinced it's a First Amendment right," Shurtleff said Friday. "The only reason I wouldn't sign on was because of political pressure, and I just didn't feel like that was the right reason." Ref. Source 3

Post Date: 28th Oct, 2010 - 7:46pm / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex in Games Gaming Video & Issues Computer

High court case on violent games tests limits on speech

"Many games today have deep stories and draw heavily from our literary heritage," says Price, who founded Insomniac Games in 1994 and created franchises that include Ratchet and Clank for young teens and the Resistance first-person shooter series for mature audiences. Ref. Source 7

Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2010 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #

Page 14 Games Sex and Violence

Findings on video game violence 'too hasty'

An Australian government review of research into the effects of violent video games has been too hasty to dismiss studies showing links to aggression, the Australian Christian Lobby says.What is your review for the new product for children known as ""?https://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/games/4416234/Findings-on-video-game-violence-too-hasty

Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2010 - 8:49pm / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex in Games
A Friend

Games Sex and Violence

I don't think that this would be such a problem if parents actually listened to the labels. If it's rated 'M' for Mature, it means the player must be over 18, and yet I have seen nine-year-olds playing these games because their parents let them.

I wonder if that has anything to do with teenage pregnancy or child killers.

3rd Dec, 2010 - 2:02pm / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex in Games

I agree with you Anbu. I've seen some parents actually sit and watch as their kids go around and shooting people and having sex with them in a car and I'm thinking really your letting this happen? Not literally though, in the games that they play. I remember growing up my mom wouldn't even let me watch people kissing in the movies. Times are different now, through video games it seems like kids are losing their childhood. Some I've seen become less sociable and can't communicate to the public.

5th Dec, 2010 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex Games - Page 14

The real problem here is bad parenting, the video game choice is only the results of that bad parenting. Of course game makers could turn down the violence and n-dity and game sellers could choose to ensure the enforcement of selling games to the right age group but where money is involved all the morality goes out the window.

For parents, if they were not already raised by their own parents without morals then what will they care to share the same 'teaching' with their own children? We live in a world where abuse among children is rampant, more than we think therefore these parents are desensitized and pass it off as its just a game.

Post Date: 27th Jun, 2011 - 11:10pm / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex Games Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 14

US Supreme Court stops ban on selling violent video games: Source 7

Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Violence & Sex in Games

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,