Oprah - Oprah Winfrey

Oprah Oprah Winfrey - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 26th Aug, 2006 - 5:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (8) »
Oprah Winfrey
Oprah - Oprah Winfrey Related Information to Oprah - Oprah Winfrey
28th Feb, 2003 - 12:05pm / Post ID: #

Oprah - Oprah Winfrey

OPRAH

What are your thoughts about Oprah? Is she just a businesswoman? Superficial? Out to make a buck? Or really interested in the growth of mankind?

Billionaires' fortunes dwindle, but Oprah joins the list
--------------------------------------------------
While many of the world's richest people saw their fortunes shrink again in the last year, Oprah Winfrey's grew enough to put her on 'Forbes' magazine's list of billionaires - the first black woman to join the ranks. The net worth of the 476 billionaires on Forbes' annual list of the world's wealthiest people totaled $1.4 trillion, a drop of $141
billion from last year.

Sponsored Links:
2nd Mar, 2003 - 3:51pm / Post ID: #

Winfrey Oprah Oprah

She's just a businesswoman doing her job as best as she can. I'm sure she cares about people, she has many charities and organizations to help the poor, needy and abused.
I think she has a great charisma and people loves her because she shows herself how she really is. I cannot forget the day that she has Tom Cruise on the show, she has this surpise for this woman that was meeting Cruise in person. She recorded the conversation with the woman before the show, can you believe she recorded it with her bath robe, wet hair and no-makeup at all! (she was getting ready for the show)  LOL Tom Cruise was there and he laughed so much. The people on the audience could not believe that she did that.
I think she deserves all that she has because it comes from hard work.

14th Sep, 2004 - 12:46pm / Post ID: #

Oprah - Oprah Winfrey Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Yesterday, on the Oprah Winfrey show, she celebrated the premier of her 19th season on the air by giving everyone in the audience a new Pontiac G6, valued at $28000 US each! To put this in perspective, Oprah had 276 members in the audience that day. She also gave a scholarship to a homeless woman and $10,000 in clothes. Another poor family was given $100,000 to buy a home they rented, and were also provided with furnishings for the house, such as new furniture, computers and game consoles for the kids, electronics, etc. I have never seen someone as generous as Oprah Winfrey, and I really believe she is this giving from the bottom of her heart.

Post Date: 19th Feb, 2005 - 11:04pm / Post ID: #

Oprah - Oprah Winfrey
A Friend

Winfrey Oprah Oprah

I agree that she is a very giving person no matter what her motives are, though I believe she gives because she genuinly cares about others. I remember seeing the television special talking about Oprah's trip to Africa at Christmas time:

Share in what Oprah calls "the single greatest experience of my life."  Oprah's mission-to give hope to children in South Africa. How her dream became 21 days, 50,000 children and a million moments of happiness.  She wanted the children to have just one day that they could be children.  It was a day of Christmas celebration that the children could always remember as happy.  In two provinces, over 12 days, thousands of rural South African children from 63 schools joined Oprah and her team of friends and volunteers, for a once-in-a-lifetime day of ChristmasKindness. Empty fields became mini-stadiums of joy. Tents went up, music played, everyone danced, food was passed out, and backpacks filled with clothes, toys, books and school supplies were distributed to all. Oprah's dream? Sneakers for every student who has ever walked to school.  [Volunteer's] helped gather some of the neediest children affected by AIDS-children with no food, no family, no home.

The show also talked about specific people that they met and helped, follow ups with those people, and what we could do to help. She also showed how Brad Pitt, Alicia Keys, Angel Network dollars, and viewers were making a difference in Africa every day of the year. I like her show. I do not watch it very often, but I think that she covers some great topics as well as provides good entertainment.Click HERE for resource.

Reconcile Edited: dawnofthenew on 19th Feb, 2005 - 11:07pm

20th Feb, 2005 - 1:18am / Post ID: #

Winfrey Oprah Oprah

She does give quite generously, that is for sure. I think this topic would not even have been brought up had she not been so public with her charity works. Basically, her kindness appears as a marketing ploy and kind of turns some people off. She is a very kind person. There are many other ways to market yourself without helping others, she has found a nice niche to satisfy both.

Vincenzo

Post Date: 10th Feb, 2006 - 11:47am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Oprah - Oprah Winfrey

OPRAH TO TRY NEW MEDIUM FOR $55 MILLION

XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc. Thursday said it signed a three-year, $55 million deal with Oprah Winfrey to introduce a channel on the top U.S. subscription radio service, sending shares up as much as 10 percent.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/09/o...reut/index.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Feb, 2006 - 3:56pm / Post ID: #

Oprah Oprah Winfrey

Oprah is hosting a Grammy "after party" which will have a limited number of tickets for the general public.

ABOUT ORDERING TICKETS
A limited number of free tickets will be made available on this website ONLY. In the interest of fairness to everyone, we will not accept phone or mail orders for this event before, during or after online ticket distribution. Tickets will be available online through this website only starting

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 13 at 9:00AM PST
www.tvtickets.com

Would you go? It's not my kind of "thing" personally, but I know lots of people would love to go and meet the stars!

26th Aug, 2006 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

Oprah Oprah Winfrey Movies Music Fashion & Sports

She made a promise to Nelson Mandela and she intented to fulfill it...what a wonderful dream for these girls:

SOWETO, South Africa (CNN) -- "Hi Jeff," she said. "Glad you could make it. By the way, I watch you all the time."

These were the first words Oprah uttered to me as I held out my hand to greet her stepping off her van, accompanied by her ever-efficient staff.

I was floored. Oprah knows who I am? I asked myself. And I had this whole introduction thing planned out.

What a woman, disarming as ever, and ever the woman in charge. I liked her from the start, even more than I did watching her all these years on television.

We were in Soweto -- a sprawling slum in Johannesburg -- which actually stands for South West Township. Oprah seemed as comfortable here as she would be in a five-star hotel.

She walked right into the home of a couple of prospective students who had applied for entry into her exclusive Leadership Academy and had impressed her to the point she wanted to see where they lived and what their lives were like...

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Oprah - Oprah Winfrey

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,