Mormon Beliefs About Dinosaurs

Mormon Beliefs Dinosaurs - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 30th Mar, 2004 - 11:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (8) »
Mormon Beliefs View Dinosaurs
Mormon Beliefs About Dinosaurs Related Information to Mormon Beliefs About Dinosaurs
Post Date: 4th Jan, 2003 - 10:45am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Okay, I just joined this site ten minutes ago and love it. I've been searching for something like this forever. Anyway, no one has ever given me an answer backed up by doctrine on the subject of dinosaurs. Did they actually live on THIS planet or were they simply leftovers from prior creations, you know, gathering matter unorganized and all. I BELIEVE they were put here solely for fossil fuels so as to help progress the 'work'. Any thoughts on their purpose or origin. The bible has three or four references to 'sea monsters' and such... and they aren't talking about whales! If I'm just blowing hot steam, let me know.

Sponsored Links:
4th Jan, 2003 - 12:36pm / Post ID: #

Dinosaurs Beliefs Mormon

Drastutz, cool thread. I believe that dinosaurs EXISTED on this Earth what I'm not quiet convinced is the origin of it. Hmmm...you made think about this now. Hey if JB is around here he will answer you about this, I saw him talking about this before. He'll surely reply to this post today.

4th Jan, 2003 - 4:51pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Beliefs About Dinosaurs Studies Doctrine Mormon

Did they actually live on THIS planet or were they simply leftovers from prior creations, you know, gathering matter unorganized and all.  I BELIEVE they were put here solely for fossil fuels so as to help progress the 'work'.  Any thoughts on their purpose or origin.  The bible has three or four references to 'sea monsters' and such... and they aren't talking about whales!  If I'm just blowing hot steam, let me know.

Sounds like you are right on track. During the creation process elements were taken in order to create this earth. As we can see, its not a matter of blinking an eye and suddenly a world appears, but it is actually a process, one that Heavenly Father so beautifully engineered.

As for your issue on sea monsters, give me the exact scripture you are referring to...

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Post Date: 29th Mar, 2004 - 9:29am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dinosaurs Beliefs Mormon

The dinosaurs are not extinct. They are alive and well and from time to time they are spotted. Just a couple of weeks ago one was spotten in Papua New Guinea. The link to the news report follows:

ABC NEWS ONLINE REPORT

The Lord has kept them hidden in various places on and in the planet. But they are going to show their heads again in the last days. Isaiah's prophecy about the feast of beasts will definitely include them.

This branch of zoology is called cryptozoology. Some of it is erroneous, some of it is true. But there is lots of evidence that dinosaurs are still around. I'll point you in a direction and you can do some of your own searching, if you have interest. Go to Google.com and do a search for:

dinosaur, congo

That'll get you started.

Also, yes. The Bible does mention dinosaurs. If we live to see the Second Coming of Christ, we will also live to see the re-appearance of dinosaurs and the prophesied feast of beasts.

29th Mar, 2004 - 12:12pm / Post ID: #

Dinosaurs Beliefs Mormon

the prophesied feast of beasts

I do not believe I have heard of this before... please elaborate on that with sources of information from the Church. Thanks.

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2004 - 4:29am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Isaiah 18: 6

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Mar, 2004 - 6:50pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Beliefs Dinosaurs

Buggeyes, 'beasts' can mean anything really, tigers, lions and so on. What makes you think that it is refering to dinosaurous particularly?

I do believe that we don't know how wide is the animal kingdom and I do think there are lots of strange creatures up there (specially in the sea) but the link you gave is not very helpful to me because Papua New Guinea is a country full of stories and people are very mystical about these kind of things. undecided.gif

Here in Trinidad people are a bit like that too, I will give ypu an example. One of my students was telling me yesterday how her uncle knows these two people that become 'beasts and animals' at night. One of the persons one day became a wolf and his uncle shot him in the leg and the next day he was taking care of his wounds but he was human again. Now, I'm talking about a middle-high class girl, not a country one. So I know these kind of supersticions and stories are very common between 'islanders'.

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2004 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mormon Beliefs Dinosaurs Mormon Doctrine Studies

My understanding is that beasts does refer to any and all beasts, including the dinosaurs. I wasn't saying that the dinosaurs in particular is what this scripture is talking about. All the meat-eaters and all the fowl are going to be invited to this feast, in which they feed upon the flesh of men.

The Papua New Guinea natives did not know what they were seeing. They don't know what a dinosaur is, nor what it is supposed to look like. They saw a hideous, 12 foot tall beast, and they ran to the authorities and told them what they saw. They described the beast as being 12 feet tall, having the head of a dog, the tail of a crocodile and being as thick as a tank. They said it had eaten three dogs and that it had been seen various times. The officials, the police, showed these people animal picture books and motion pictures, too. When the people saw the pictures of DINOSAURS, that's when they started to say that that is what they saw.

The article I linked obviously mentioned the fact that these people are superstitious because it is unfathomable for civilized people, having been taught that the dinosaurs have been extinct for millions of years, to think that they are still alive. So, we read the article and think that they just imagined it. However, when you read all the articles from the various news sources that reported it, the above picture of what happened (as I described above) comes out. In this case, even though they are a superstitious lot, the fact that none of them knew what a dinosaur was or that they are supposed to be extinct and that they all pointed out the dinosaur picture as being the thing they saw holds a tremendous amount of weight and tips the balance in favor of their account being true.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Mormon Beliefs About Dinosaurs

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,