Atheists Not To Be Feared! - Page 20 of 21

Yes, atheists often held so strongly to their - Page 20 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 10th Nov, 2020 - 9:50am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 21 pgs.  16 17 18 19 20 21 
New look at Atheists and their thinking - Atheism - Athiest - Do Not Believe In God
Atheists Not To Be Feared! Related Information to Atheists Not To Be Feared!
Post Date: 20th Dec, 2018 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

Atheists Not To Be Feared! - Page 20

Are the late Stephen Hawking's religious beliefs typical of U.K. Scientists? The late Stephen Hawking famously didn't believe in God. Neither does the renowned Richard Dawkins. But is that typical for U.K. Scientists? Source 7y.

Sponsored Links:
20th Dec, 2018 - 9:08pm / Post ID: #

Feared To Atheists

Lots in the isles don't have a particular belief in god and the ones that do say they are "Agnostic" so if our scientists don't believe it won't come as a surprise for me.

Post Date: 13th Feb, 2019 - 8:12am / Post ID: #

Atheists Not To Be Feared!
A Friend

Atheists Not To Be Feared! Beliefs Religious General

I personally think there is nothing wrong with being an atheist in the first place…

9th Aug, 2019 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

Page 20 Feared To Atheists

I don't think atheism among biologists (Which I am) has to do with fear of violating professional norms. It has to do with finding it difficult to place god in the context of evidence-based descriptions of life that is part of our profession. Or at least, the god of the religions that we grew up with is not consistent with the hypotheses that are standing up to test after test. Simply put, if you cut just about every organism down the middle and looked at them in cross-section, there is almost no diversity among living things on earth (Although they get squished into somewhat different shapes), which would be weird if they were all independently created.

Moreover, it is hard for us to accept that:
1) A god that makes unbreakable laws like gravity would make a bunch of arbitrary, breakable laws and tell one species on one planet never to break them or suffer forever, and
2) The same god would surround that species with millions of other species that violate every single one of those laws on a constant basis.

In general I see the Judeo-Christian philosophy (Humans were intended to rule the world) as a way of explaining our rise to power, and ultimately justifying it. But it places humans in a role that is isolating and self-destructive.

But I don't think that the number of scientists that are atheists is the same as the number that would say they are not spiritual at all. That number is probably low. We're not presumptuous enough to claim that we can explain the "Why" of the Universe.

24th Apr, 2020 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #

Feared To Atheists

I've been an atheist for as long as I can remember. I have had moments where I question if anything is out there, but it always comes back to science for me. It's hard for me to think abstractly, and I think that affects how I view spiritual ideas.

Post Date: 25th Aug, 2020 - 11:19am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Atheists often are the rational amongst us. The more thoughtful and considered.The open minded.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
31st Aug, 2020 - 2:20am / Post ID: #

Atheists To Feared! - Page 20

I went out with an atheist and he was so anti-God and religion, it was as if he made atheism into a religion by itself. As with any belief, I don't care what you believe in, just don't try and convert me. So if you don't believe, don't harp on about it, as if you are missing out.

10th Nov, 2020 - 9:50am / Post ID: #

Atheists To Feared! General Religious Beliefs - Page 20

Yes, atheists often held so strongly to their beliefs to become really similar to theists.
Personally, while I don't believe in god, I'm open to everything and am confident in people making their choices.
Of course, religion must not limit other people freedom!

+  « First of 21 pgs.  16 17 18 19 20 21 

> TOPIC: Atheists Not To Be Feared!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,