Atheists Not To Be Feared! - Page 4 of 21

You wrote in one of the previous posts: QUOTE - Page 4 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 1st Jul, 2005 - 2:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (21) »
New look at Atheists and their thinking - Atheism - Athiest - Do Not Believe In God
Atheists Not To Be Feared! Related Information to Atheists Not To Be Feared!
Post Date: 12th Jan, 2004 - 3:25pm / Post ID: #

Atheists Not To Be Feared!
A Friend

Atheists Not To Be Feared! - Page 4

I do believe that to find the right religion or non, you should find one that you can identify with, that coincides with the laws of society. I have already defined who and what God is. I was just trying to understand the point you were trying to get across with that statement.

Athiests were brought up without love

I can see how you came to this conclusion, it makes sense. Have many Atheists told you this? I think that its bad enough to have to grow up without love I do not think that if their was a God he would make his love inaccessible to them.

Just because man chooses to do his will I do not believe that makes him/her evil. I don't think that Gods will is the only good will. I know many people including myself that volunteer, and would do anything to help out our fellow man. I think it really depends on the individual. If someone is evil, then their evil. Religion or no religion.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Jan, 2004 - 2:41am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Feared To Atheists

True Atheist
Here is some things that you must believe or have faith in to be a true atheist

There is not God, Super Natural Power, Or Diety

There are not absolutes, neither logical or moral.
-> this also means there can be no laws or logic

There can be no miracles

There is no agnels or demons

There is no heaven, hell, or afterlife

There is no soul

There is no purpose to life

There is no mind or thoughts, not in animal or human

There is no freewill, not in animal or human

Post Date: 13th Jan, 2004 - 4:25am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Atheists Not To Be Feared! Beliefs Religious General

If atheists don't believe in free will then what exactly do they believe is controlling their actions?

7th Mar, 2005 - 2:47pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Feared To Atheists

I saw this article today, and realized it adds a very ironic twist to this topic - it really indicates that there is nothing to fear about atheism. smile.gif

God not so dead: Atheism in decline worldwide

Two developments are plaguing atheism these days. One is that it appears to be losing its scientific underpinnings. The other is the historical experience of hundreds of millions of people worldwide that atheists are in no position to claim the moral high ground.

Writes Turkish philosopher Harun Yahya, "Atheism, which people have tried to for hundreds of years as 'the ways of reason and science,' is proving to be mere irrationality and ignorance."

As British philosopher Anthony Flew, once as hard-nosed a humanist as any, mused when turning his back on his former belief: It is, for example, impossible for evolution to account for the fact than one single cell can carry more data than all the volumes of the Encyclopedia Britannica put together.

Atheism's other Achilles heel are the acts on inhumanity and lunacy committed in its name. As McGrath relates in Christianity Today: "With time (atheism) turned out to have just as many frauds, psychopaths, and careerists as religion does. ... With Stalin and Madalyn Murray O'Hair, atheism seems to have ended up mimicking the vices of the Spanish Inquisition and the worst televangelists, respectively."

It is a great article. I especially love this particular part:
John Updike's observation, "Among the repulsions of atheism for me has been is drastic uninterestingness as an intellectual position," appears to become common currency throughout much of the West. The Rev. Paul M. Zulehner, dean of Vienna University's divinity school and one of the world's most distinguished sociologists of religion, told UPI Tuesday: "True atheists in Europe have become an infinitesimally small group. There are not enough of them to be used for sociological research."

1st Jul, 2005 - 3:20am / Post ID: #

Feared To Atheists

Here's an interesting little project from a once-staunch Christian named Brian Fleming, as quoted from Newsweek:

Film: Imaginary Friend?
June 27 issue - Brian Flemming's most famous project was 2001's "Bat Boy: The Musical," an off-Broadway show based on the tabloid-created bat child. Now he's turned his attention to a figure he claims is equally fictional: Jesus Christ. His new documentary, "The God Who Wasn't There," irreverently lays out the case that Jesus Christ never existed. (One segment's title: "The Bashin' of the Christ.") It played in five states last weekend. Flemming, a Christian fundamentalist turned atheist, plans to take it to 1 million people by the end of the year.  "The problem is that we let religious people say stunningly false things and we consider it rude to question those beliefs. But we should be shunning those people." Flemming says, "I'm not tolerant of suspending reason."

Post Date: 1st Jul, 2005 - 12:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I had a few very good laughs reading this thread (at the expense of religious people, but that's just my point of view). It seems that there is an unsourmountable obstacle of communication, namely no common starting point, or set of axioms. One party basing all their conclusions on the belief that everything has its ultimate source in God, and the other basing it on the natural laws. How can there ever be an agreement on the state of things, if the very point of departure is different?

However, in my experience, atheists are much more tolerant to those that think (believe) differently. But that, perhaps, is understandable, since they don't hold that by believing in God, one is eternally damned, but only that he's a poor misguided creature that will come to no harm because of it in the end.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Jul, 2005 - 12:50pm / Post ID: #

Atheists To Feared! - Page 4

Well, now that us religious folks have humored you what thoughts of substance do you bring to the topic?

It seems that there is an unsourmountable obstacle of communication

I would not say so, just very different perspectives. If you stand on the right of an object and another person stands on the left of it you will still both see the same object, but only from your perspective. Choosing to believe / accept is different to communication / understanding. One may understand or communicate what one believes, but not necessarily believe or accept, but that does not mean they do not understand.

namely no common starting point

I believe there is a common starting point, but it is in going back through the various sources is where disagreement is had. For instance, an atheist and I both believe there are laws governing nature, we believe that we are and have grown through biological reproduction. However, our case becomes different when we compare our papers on the source of these laws and biochemicals being first established. A good example of this is medical doctors, they are logical thinkers, yet many of them find things happening that are beyond explained science and theory, they then attribute it to a higher source that is beyond the natural laws.

However, in my experience, atheists are much more tolerant to those that think (believe) differently

Wow, you must be living in a nice area, just recently we had one join here and spammed, swore and insulted everyone just because we believe in God - in actuality we get those types pretty often. From my experience they tend to be the most closed minded people you can ever meet in that they get offended just because you have a belief system, but again, that is from my experience.

Post Date: 1st Jul, 2005 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Atheists To Feared! General Religious Beliefs - Page 4

You wrote in one of the previous posts:

Everything we have and are has been given to us by God, we merely take those things which we have been given and adapt them to our own agency

That, for example, is something I can't accept, so how are we to discuss any more complex subjects, if you build your arguments on the above premise?

just recently we had one join here and spammed, swore and insulted everyone just because we believe in God.

Then he was primarily a jerk, and they come in all beliefs and religions.

Or he might have felt deeply insulted by things like:

True Atheist
Here is some things that you must believe or have faith in to be a true atheist

There is not God, Super Natural Power, Or Diety

There are not absolutes, neither logical or moral.
-> this also means there can be no laws or logic

There can be no miracles

There is no agnels or demons

There is no heaven, hell, or afterlife

There is no soul

There is no purpose to life

There is no mind or thoughts, not in animal or human

There is no freewill, not in animal or human

Reconcile Edited: Matija on 1st Jul, 2005 - 2:37pm

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (21) »

> TOPIC: Atheists Not To Be Feared!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,